- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
NFL 2014: Peyton Manning Approaches 500th TD Pass
In the NFL's 95-year history, 1,249 different players have thrown a touchdown pass, but quarterback Brett Favre (508) is the only player to reach the 500-touchdown mark.
Denver's Peyton Manning, who has 499 career touchdowns in 17 seasons with Indianapolis and Denver, is on the verge of joining this exclusive club.
At age 38, Manning remains at the top of his game, and has completed 74 of 111 passes (66.7 percent) for 814 yards and eight touchdowns with one interception for a 108.5 passer rating through the first three games of the 2014 season.
In 2013, Manning earned his record fifth Associated Press NFL MVP Award after setting NFL single-season records for touchdown passes (55) and yards (5,477).
"I can say I have never seen a better year played by a quarterback than Peyton Manning," said Pro Football Hall of Famer JOHN ELWAY, who now serves as Denver's general manager and executive vice president of football operations, of Manning's record-breaking 2013 season. "To see what he did, it was truly amazing."
Favre recorded his 500th career touchdown pass in his 293rd games on his 9,924th pass attempt. Manning has 8,563 career attempts and will face the undefeated Arizona Cardinals (3-0) in his 244th regular season game on Sunday.
Here's a look at how quickly Favre and Manning reached each major touchdown pass milestone in terms of games and attempts:
Number of Games To Reach Milestone TDs
Number of Attempts To Reach Milestone TDs
In his career, Manning has connected with 44 different teammates for touchdown passes, demonstrating his unique and consistent ability to find the open receiver, regardless of who it is.
"Peyton's mind is always going," says San Diego offensive coordinator FRANK REICH, who served as quarterbacks coach in Indianapolis for four seasons (2008-11) when Manning was with the Colts. "He's formulating a plan, synthesizing all this information that he is hearing, seeing, studying from other people. He's listening, but he's going to call the shots. There might not be another one like him, who does it like he does it."
MARVIN HARRISON of the Colts was on the receiving end of 112 touchdown passes from Manning, the most of any quarterback-wide receiver duo in NFL history. Denver defensive tackle MITCH UNREIN, on the other hand, has the unique distinction of being the only player whose lone career NFL catch was a touchdown from Manning.
"Luckily, I didn't drop it," says Unrein of his one-yard goal-line touchdown catch against the Buccaneers on December 2, 2012. "I didn't have very much time to get nervous, but I was definitely thinking about it a little bit before the snap. It happened so fast. I kept (the ball) and had Peyton sign it."
"A lot of players have caught those touchdowns, so I'm grateful for all the receivers and the protection I've received along the way," says Manning.
A look at each of PeytonManning's milestone touchdowns:
|TD #||Player (TD Length)||Date||Opponent|
|1||Marvin Harrison (6 yards)||Sep. 6, 1998||Miami|
|100||Marvin Harrison (11 yards)||Nov. 11, 2001||Miami|
|200||Reggie Wayne (35 yards)||Nov. 21, 2004||Chicago|
|300||Joseph Addai (19 yards)||Dec. 9, 2007||Baltimore|
|400||Demaryius Thomas (71 yards)||Sep. 9, 2012/td>||Pittsburgh|
The 44 players who have connected with Manning on at least one touchdown pass:
|Marvin Harrison||112||Wes Welker||10||Marshall Faulk||4||Jim Finn||1|
|Reggie Wayne||67||Joseph Addai||9||Dominic Rhodes||4||Trevor Insley||1|
|Dallas Clark||44||Jacob Tamme||9||Troy Walters||4||Kenton Keith||1|
|Marcus Pollard||34||Ken Dilger||7||Andre Caldwell||3||Dan Klecko||1|
|Demaryius Thomas||25||Anthony Gonzalez||7||Qadry Ismail||3||Luke Lawton||1|
|Eric Decker||24||Torrance Small||7||Knowshon Moreno||3||Aaron Moorehead||1|
|Brandon Stokley||20||Terrence Wilkins||7||James Mungro||3||Mike Roberg||1|
|Julius Thomas||17||Joel Dreessen||6||E.G.Green||2||Gijon Robinson||1|
|Austin Collie||15||Jerome Pathon||6||Ben Utecht||2||Tom Santi||1|
|Edgerrin James||11||Bryan Fletcher||5||Ricky Williams||2||Mitch Unrein||1|
|Pierre Garcon||10||Blair White||5||Lance Ball||1||Lamont Warren||1|
The number of NFL players to reach each major touchdown pass milestone:
|1 TD pass||1,249|
|100 TD passes||122|
|200 TD passes||37|
|300 TD passes||7|
|400 TD passes||3|
|500 TD passes||1|
- Carroll Defends Call, History Won't Look Kindly
- Patriots Knew Seahawks Pass was Coming
- Botched Play Costs Seahawks Super Bowl XLIX
- Seahawks' Kearse has Big Super Bowl XLIX Memory
- Super Bowl XLIX Greatest Highlights
- Super Bowl XLIX Sets U.S. Television Viewership Record
- Super Bowl XLIX: Brady and Patriots' Legacy After Fourth Championship
- Patriots Beat Seahawks for Fourth Super Bowl Title
- Russell Wilson: You Have to Give Credit to Tom Brady
- Russell Wilson: No Problem with Final Play Call
- Super Bowl XLIX Lives Up to the Hype
- Patriots Defeat Seahawks in Super Bowl Thriller
- Marshawn Lynch Reacts to Super Bowl Loss
- Brawl Breaks Out in Final Seconds of Super Bowl XLIX
- Tom Brady Breaks Joe Montana's Super Bowl TD Record
- Three Key Factors from the Patriots' Super Bowl XLIX Win
- Penalties Might Be Seahawks Strategy
- Super Bowl XLIX: Patriots vs Seahawks NFL Films Preview
- 6 Super Bowl Commercials to Look Out For
- HuffPost Live's Super Bowl XLIX Breakdown
- Jon Stewart Takes on Deflategate and Super Bowl Media Day
- 5 Super Bowl Facts That Will Change the Way You Watch
- Tom Brady Has a Cold, Should the Patriots Be Worried?
- Real Reason Marshawn Lynch Won't Talk to the Media
- Patriots vs NFL Dynasties
- Infographic: Super Bowl XLIX by the Numbers
- Big-play Seahawks Toxic When It Counts Most
- Browner The Odd Man In at Super Bowl
- Seahawks Super Bowl XLIX Practice Report - 1/29/2015
- Patriots Super Bowl XLIX Practice Report - 1/29/2015
- Patriots Super Bowl XLIX Practice Report - 1/28/2015
- Seahawks Super Bowl XLIX Practice Report - 1/28/2015
- Super Bowl XLIX: All Comes Down to This
- Super Bowl XLIX X-Factors
- Top Defenses Usually Dominate in Super Bowl
- The Numbers Behind Super Bowl Betting
- Seahawks vs Pats Super Bowl XLIX
- Why the Seahawks Will Triumph in Super Bowl XLIX
- NFL Too Popular To Be Threatened By Anything
- Does Anyone Care About the Seahawks?
- SB XLIX Media Day: What You Don't Know
- Seattle Seahawks: This Super Bowl Will Be 'Different'
- Patriots' Blount: Seahawks D 'Can be Beaten'
- Patriots Won't Avoid Richard Sherman
- Richard Sherman: Roger Goodell 'Should Be Obligated to Talk Weekly'
- Hilarious Rob Gronkowski Highlights from Media Day
- Lynch Mocks Media Day
- Marshawn Lynch Finally Talks at Skittles Press Conference
- The Wild Side of Super Bowl Media Day
- Richard Sherman Has Torn Ligaments in His Elbow
- Marshawn Lynch's One-Liners
- Bill Belichick's Weird Questions
- Patriots the Model in Free Agency Era
- Angry Patriots Owner Fires Back at Critics
- Brett Favre Believes Aaron Rodgers Is Best Quarterback in NFL
- Richard Sherman Makes First Super Bowl XLIX Headline
- Seahawks and the Outlaw Balls of XLIX
- Seahawks' Lane Runs Mouth on Rob Gronkowski
- Boomer's Pick to Win Super Bowl XLIX
- NFL Places Seahawks, Lynch on Notice
- Beast's Crotch Grabs? You Can Bet on Them
- Analyzing the Super Bowl Ticket Market
- The Latest On #DeflateGate
- New York Tabloids Poke Fun at Patriots Over Deflategate
- Belichick, Brady Mocked in SNL Deflategate Sketch
- Should This Racy Super Bowl Commercial Be Banned?
- Victoria's Secret Releases Super Bowl Ad
- Victoria's Secret Models Bare Nothing
- Ad Challenges Value of 'Redskins' Name
- This Is What Physics Says About Deflategate
- Brady, Wilson Set For Super Bowl XLIX Showdown
- NFC Championship: Packers Collapse or Seahawks Comeback?
- Seahawks Make Crazy Comeback
- Four Teams Remain as NFL Enters Championship Weekend
- Seahawks D Faces Gimpy, Game Rodgers
- Rematch: Seahawks vs Packers for NFC Title
- Can Colts Topple Patriots?
- How Packers Can Beat Seahawks
- Can Aaron Rodgers Overcome His Injury to Upset the Seahawks?
- NFC and AFC Championships Predictions
- More Cold for NFL Conference Championships?
- Jets Hire Todd Bowles as Head Coach
- Will Rex Ryan End Buffalo's Playoff Drought?
- Peyton Manning's Future in Question
- Is Peyton Manning the Missing Piece in Arizona?
- NFL Rules Fans Would Like to See Changed
- NFL to Discuss Replay Review for Pass Interference
- Marcus Mariota Declares for the 2015 NFL Draft
- Stop Bullying Marshawn Lynch Petition Started
- Will Darrelle Revis Stay in New England
- Can the Cowboys Keep Dez Bryant and DeMarco Murray?
- John Fox Out in Denver
- Why the Patriots Will Hold Off the Ravens
- How the Colts Can Upset the Broncos
- How the Cowboys Make It to the Super Bowl
- Cam Newton Must Be 'Superman'
- NFL's Final Eight Take Center Stage In Divisional Playoffs
- Carolina, A Foe Seahawks Aggravate Most
- Predicting NFL Divisional Playoff Upsets
- How to Beat the Seattle Seahawks
- What To Look For: Divisional Playoffs Preview
- Reaction to Cowboys - Lions Controversy
- Lions Have a Reason to Complain
- Referee Explains Non-Call from Lions-Cowboys Game
- Did the No-Call Cost the Lions?
- Boomer: 'Change in Attitude Needed in Cincy'
- Time to Blow Up the Bengals?
- Terrell Suggs Makes Crucial INT with His Legs
- What You Missed from Wild Card Weekend
- Cowboys Rally Past Lions, Colts Win
- Panthers, Ravens Win NFL Wild Card Games
- Are the Rams Moving Back to Los Angeles?
- NFL 2014 Playoffs: Wild Card Weekend Preview
- Andrew Luck vs Andy Dalton: Which QB Has More to Prove?
- Who Can Beat the Seahawks?
- Ravens - Steelers Wild Card Preview
- Which Team Has the Edge in AFC Wild Card Clash?
- Will Cam Newton Get His First Playoff Win?
- NFL Power Rankings: Playoff Edition
- NFL 2014 Playoffs: Stats and Records
- 2014 NFL Regular Season Records and Milestones
- It's All On The Line in Final Weekend
- Seahawks The Greatest 'D'? Can't Compare
- The Top 5 NFL MVP Candidates
- Can Andy Dalton Handle the Big Stage?
- Grading the 2014 NFL Rookie Class
- Will the Seahawks Repeat as Super Bowl Champs?
- Are the Chargers Contenders?
- Why the Falcons Will Win the NFC South
- Odell Beckham Career and College Highlights
- Steelers Want Division Title
- What If Packers Are the 6 Seed?
- What To Look For Week 17
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- Arizona's No. 3 QB draws No. 1 Seahawks 'D'
- Left for Dead, Seahawks Defense on Historic Run
- Can Johnny Football Succeed in the NFL?
- Which NFL Coaches Will Be Fired After This Season?
- NFL Players Under Most Pressure in Week 16
- Will Marcus Mariota Make an Easy Transition to the NFL?
- Can Mark Sanchez Lead Philadelphia to the Postseason?
- Larry Fitzgerald on Facing Richard Sherman: 'It's All Business Between the Lines'
- Who to Start and Sit in Fantasy Football Week 16
- Pros and Cons of the NFL's Expanded Playoffs
- Playoff Scenarios for Week 16
- NFC Playoff Picture With Two Weeks To Go
- AFC Playoff Picture With Two Weeks To Go
- Week 15 Preview: 24 Teams in Contention
- Suffocating Seahawks 'D' Rising at Right Time
- Week 15 TNF Preview: Cardinals vs Rams
- AFC Playoff Picture - Week 15
- NFC Playoff Picture - Week 15
- NFL Power Rankings Week 15
- What to Expect from Johnny Manziel's First Start
- Goodell Not Worried About His Legacy
- Making Sense of the AFC North
- NFL Season Enters Final Quarter
- Thursday Night Preview: Cowboys vs Bears
- December Playoff Push
- AFC Teams with Playoffs in Sight
- What to Look For Week 14
- Could the Cowboys Miss the Playoffs?
- Are Cardinals in Danger of Missing the Playoffs?
- Which QB Gives Browns the Best Playoff Shot?
- Why the Seattle Seahawks Will Win the NFC West
- NFL Head Coaches Are Worth More Than You Think
- Patriots vs Packers Preview
- Broncos vs Chiefs Preview
- Best of the AFC North Football
- Is the NFL Playoff System Broken?
- Will the NFL Do Anything About Richard Sherman Calling Out the League?
- Is Rex Ryan's Future in Coaching or Television?
- Thanksgiving Football Preview
- Record 16 Teams With at Least Seven Wins
- AFC Playoff Picture - Week 13
- NFC Playoff Picture - Week 13
- Should Gruden Have Benched RGIII?
- Who's the NFL's Top Four Teams?
- Odell Beckham Jr. Makes Catch of the Year
- The Greatest Catch I Ever Saw
- 21 Teams Fighting for Playoff Spots as NFL Enters Week 12
- Cardinals On Top Of NFL Standings
- Battle For Tightly-Contested AFC North Continues
- Slice It, Dice It, Seahawks Chances are Grim
- What To Look For Week 12
- Is Tom Coughlin's Job on the Line?
- Is Jamaal Charles the Best Running Back in the NFL?
- Seahawks Playing for Their Postseason Lives vs Cardinals
- 3 Trades to Make to Prepare for Fantasy Football Playoffs
- Will Gruden Coach Washington Next Season?
- Adrian Peterson Suspended for the Season Without Pay, Appealing Suspension
- Eli Manning Should Have Been Benched
- Does RGIII Have a Future with Washington?
- Federal Drug Agents Launch Surprise Inspections on NFL Teams
- Playoff Races Heating Up as NFL Season Rolls On
- AFC Rookies Making an Impact
- NFC Rookies Making Their Mark
- What To Look For Week 11
- 'Pro Football Now' Preview
- What If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning Had Switched Teams?
- Brady vs Luck: Who Has the Upper Hand in Sunday Night Showdown?
- Could the Green Bay Packers Miss the Playoffs?
- NFL Power Rankings for Week 11
- Inside the NFL's Replay Command Center
- Are the Cardinals Still Contenders Without Carson Palmer?
- Brady, Luck Faceoff and Other NFL Week 11 Games to Watch
- NFL Enters Second Half As Playoffs Race Intensifies
- Week 10 Thursday Night Football Preview
- What To Look For Week 10
- AFC Midseason Projections
- NFC Midseason Projections
- Teams Plot Ways to Beat Peyton Manning
- Fantasy Football Trades to Make Before Deadline
- Most Important Games of the Second Half of NFL Season
- Elite NFL Players on the Decline
- Can Colts Make Super Bowl Run on Passing Game Alone?
- 7-1 Means the Arizona Cardinals Are the NFL's Best, Right?
- Are the New England Patriots Now the AFC's Top Team?
- Are the San Francisco 49ers Done?
- Who to Play in Fantasy Football's Week 10
- Why the Cowboys Are Fake Pretenders
- Week 9: Great Slate in Store
- NFL Week 9 Games to Watch
- Manning vs Brady XVI
- Impact Rookie Receivers
- What To Look For Week 9
- New York Jets Will Clean House
- Why Rex Ryan Will Be Fired
- Was Jay Cutler a Mistake?
- NFL Week 8 Preview
- Showdown in the Desert: Eagles (5-1) Visit Cardinals (5-1)
- Red-Zone Efficiency Key To Victory
- What To Look For Week 8
- Steelers Score 3 TDs in 73 Seconds vs Texans
- Why Seattle Can Make the Playoffs
- Peyton Manning Breaks Career TD Passes Record
- Bengals, Browns, Chargers: Are They Who We Thought They Were?
- NFL Week 7 Preview
- Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco
- Philip Rivers' Record-Breaking Streak
- What To Look For Week 7
- Best 2-Minute QB's Without a Super Bowl Win
- NFL Games to Watch Week 7
- Lions' Defense Sets Team Apart This Year
- Who Is the Dirtiest Player in the NFL?
- Matthew Stafford Approaches Dan Marino Record
- Why Cardinals Will Dethrone Seahawks in NFC West
- Are the Cowboys the NFL's Best Team?
- Which Season-Ending Injury Hurts the Most?
- NFL Week 6 Preview
- Do Giants or Eagles Have Edge?
- Most NFL Fans Think Goodell Should Keep Job
- The Most Underutilized NFL Players
- Tight Ends On Record-Breaking Pace
- A Look at Aaron Rodgers
- Week 6 What to Look For
- NFL's Best Young QB
- The Great Football Debate
- Most Likely to Go 0-16
- Rex Ryan's Return Unlikely
- Will 49ers Part Ways with Jim Harbaugh?
- NFL 2014: NFL Season Enters Second Quarter
- What To Look For Week 5
- Peyton Manning Approaches 500th TD Pass
- De Marco Murray Rushing Into The Record Books
- What's Wrong with the Patriots?
- NFL MVP at the Quarter Mark
- How Many Turnovers Are Too Many for a Young QB?
- Will Peyton Manning Solve the Cardinals Secondary?
- Why Philip Rivers Is the MVP Frontrunner
- Are the Cowboys the Best Team in the NFC East?
- NFL Approaches Quarter Mark
- Week 4 What to Look For
- QBs Off to Efficient Start
- Cardinals & Eagles Flying High
- NFL Predictions Turned Bad
- Will New NFL Conduct Policy Exact Real Change?
- Packers Need a Sense of Urgency
- Contenders and Pretenders
- Cardinals Rise, 49ers Demise
- Key Matchups On Tap For Week 3
- What To Look For Week 3
- Special Teams Game-Changers
- NFL Comeback Wins
- Goodell Digs Himself Deeper
- Did Roger Goodell's Press Conference Do Enough?
- The 0-2 Panic Meter
- Adrian Peterson Reinstated by Vikings
- Death Of The NFL?
- Is This the End for RGIII?
- RGIII's Future in Cousins' Hands
- Best & Worst from NFL Week 2
- Richard Sherman Not a 'Shutdown Corner'
- NFL 2014: NFL Calls on Ex-FBI Chief to Probe Ray Rice Matter
- NFL 2014: Pressure Building for Roger Goodell's Resignation
- NFL 2014: Week 2 Fantasy Football Picks
- Quarterbacks Take Center Stage
- Is Derek Carr the Answer in Oakland?
- Fantasy Football Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 1
- Emmitt Smith on the Running Back's Changing Role
- Seahawks & Packers Kick Off NFL 2014 Season
- NFL 2014: Who Will Win Super Bowl XLIX
- NFL 2014: Seattle Seahawks - Super Follow-Ups
- Best NFL Records, Past 10 Years
- NFL Division Titles Up for Grabs
Article: Copyright ©
NFL 2014 - Peyton Manning Approaches 500th TD Pass