- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
NFL 2014: What To Look For Week 8
Catching Matt Forte
Chicago running back Matt Forte caught six passes for 60 yards and a touchdown in Week 7, bringing his league-best reception total to 52 on the season. With three receptions on Sunday against New England, Forte will surpass Pro Football Hall of Famer MARSHALL FAULK (54, 2002) for the most receptions by a running back through his team's first eight games.
The last running back to lead the NFL in receptions was San Francisco's ROGER CRAIG (92) in 1985. Forte is currently on pace for 118 receptions this season, which would be the highest total for a running back in NFL history.
The most receptions in a single NFL season by a running back:
|Source: NFL *Through Week 7|
|LaDainian Tomlinson||San Diego||2003||100|
|Roger Craig||San Francisco||1985||92|
Prolific Peyton Manning
Denver quarterback PEYTON MANNING passed for four touchdowns in the Broncos' 42-17 victory over San Francisco in Week 7, marking the 12th-consecutive regular-season game in which he has thrown at least two touchdown passes, a streak that dates back to November 24, 2013 against New England.
With two or more touchdown passes in Week 8, Manning will become the first player in NFL history to have two separate streaks of 13-consecutive games with at least two touchdown passes in his career. He also accomplished the feat in 2004 (September 9-December 12).
Manning can tie his own record for the most consecutive multi-touchdown pass games, which he currently shares with New England's TOM BRADY (2010-2011) and Green Bay's AARON RODGERS (2011) for the longest such streak in NFL history.
Peyton Manning's two streaks of two or more touchdown passes:
|Source: NFL *Active streak|
|11/24/2013 -- Present||Denver||12*||9-3||3,753||40||7|
|9/9/2004 -- 12/12/2004||Indianapolis||13||10-3||3,919||46||9|
Big Ben Roethlisberger
In his 149th career start, Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger led the Steelers to a 30-23 Monday Night Football victory over Houston in Week 7, marking his 99th win as a starter.
With a victory against Indianapolis on Sunday, Roethlisberger will become the fourth quarterback in NFL history to win 100 or more games in his first 150 starts, joining TOM BRADY and Pro Football Hall of Famers JOE MONTANA and TERRY BRADSHAW.
The quarterbacks with 100 or more wins in their first 150 starts:
|Source: NFL *Through 149 starts|
|Tom Brady||New England||116||34||.773|
|Joe Montana||San Francisco||108||42||.720|
Andrew Luck's Fast Start
Indianapolis quarterback Andrew Luck will play in his 40th career game when the Colts face the Steelers on Sunday. Through his first 39 games, Luck has totaled 10,527 passing yards.
With 232 yards in Week 8, Luck will surpass Pro Football Hall of Famer DAN MARINO for the fourth-most passing yards through the first 40 games of a career in NFL history.
The NFL quarterbacks with the most passing yards through their first 40 games:
|Source: NFL *Through 39 games|
|Kurt Warner||St. Louis||11,457|
|Marc Bulger||St. Louis||10,947|
The Atlanta Falcons host the Detroit Lions in Week 8 in the second of three regular-season games to be played at London's Wembley Stadium in 2014. The game will be played at 1:30 PM local time in the United Kingdom, making it the first game to be broadcast at 9:30 AM ET in the United States. The contest will also be the first game played outside of North America for both the Falcons and Lions.
The nine regular-season games played at Wembley Stadium:
|September 28, 2014||4||Dolphins||Raiders||38-14||83,436|
|October 27, 2013||8||49ers||Jaguars||42-10||83,559|
|September 29, 2013||4||Vikings||Steelers||34-27||83,518|
|October 28, 2012||8||Patriots||Rams||45-7||84,004|
|October 23, 2011||7||Bears||Buccaneers||24-18||76,981|
|October 31, 2010||8||49ers||Broncos||24-16||83,941|
|October 25, 2009||7||Patriots||Buccaneers||35-7||84,254|
|October 26, 2008||8||Saints||Chargers||37-32||83,226|
|October 28, 2007||8||Giants||Dolphins||13-10||81,176|
- Playoff Races Heating Up as NFL Season Rolls On
- AFC Rookies Making an Impact
- NFC Rookies Making Their Mark
- What To Look For Week 11
- 'Pro Football Now' Preview
- What If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning Had Switched Teams?
- Brady vs Luck: Who Has the Upper Hand in Sunday Night Showdown?
- Could the Green Bay Packers Miss the Playoffs?
- NFL Power Rankings for Week 11
- Inside the NFL's Replay Command Center
- Are the Cardinals Still Contenders Without Carson Palmer?
- Brady, Luck Faceoff and Other NFL Week 11 Games to Watch
- NFL Enters Second Half As Playoffs Race Intensifies
- Week 10 Thursday Night Football Preview
- What To Look For Week 10
- AFC Midseason Projections
- NFC Midseason Projections
- Teams Plot Ways to Beat Peyton Manning
- Fantasy Football Trades to Make Before Deadline
- Most Important Games of the Second Half of NFL Season
- Elite NFL Players on the Decline
- Can Colts Make Super Bowl Run on Passing Game Alone?
- 7-1 Means the Arizona Cardinals Are the NFL's Best, Right?
- Are the New England Patriots Now the AFC's Top Team?
- Are the San Francisco 49ers Done?
- Who to Play in Fantasy Football's Week 10
- Why the Cowboys Are Fake Pretenders
- Week 9: Great Slate in Store
- NFL Week 9 Games to Watch
- Manning vs Brady XVI
- Impact Rookie Receivers
- What To Look For Week 9
- New York Jets Will Clean House
- Why Rex Ryan Will Be Fired
- Was Jay Cutler a Mistake?
- NFL Week 8 Preview
- Showdown in the Desert: Eagles (5-1) Visit Cardinals (5-1)
- Red-Zone Efficiency Key To Victory
- What To Look For Week 8
- Steelers Score 3 TDs in 73 Seconds vs Texans
- Why Seattle Can Make the Playoffs
- Peyton Manning Breaks Career TD Passes Record
- Bengals, Browns, Chargers: Are They Who We Thought They Were?
- NFL Week 7 Preview
- Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco
- Philip Rivers' Record-Breaking Streak
- What To Look For Week 7
- Best 2-Minute QB's Without a Super Bowl Win
- NFL Games to Watch Week 7
- Lions' Defense Sets Team Apart This Year
- Who Is the Dirtiest Player in the NFL?
- Matthew Stafford Approaches Dan Marino Record
- Why Cardinals Will Dethrone Seahawks in NFC West
- Are the Cowboys the NFL's Best Team?
- Which Season-Ending Injury Hurts the Most?
- NFL Week 6 Preview
- Do Giants or Eagles Have Edge?
- Most NFL Fans Think Goodell Should Keep Job
- The Most Underutilized NFL Players
- Tight Ends On Record-Breaking Pace
- A Look at Aaron Rodgers
- Week 6 What to Look For
- NFL's Best Young QB
- The Great Football Debate
- Most Likely to Go 0-16
- Rex Ryan's Return Unlikely
- Will 49ers Part Ways with Jim Harbaugh?
- NFL 2014: NFL Season Enters Second Quarter
- What To Look For Week 5
- Peyton Manning Approaches 500th TD Pass
- De Marco Murray Rushing Into The Record Books
- What's Wrong with the Patriots?
- NFL MVP at the Quarter Mark
- How Many Turnovers Are Too Many for a Young QB?
- Will Peyton Manning Solve the Cardinals Secondary?
- Why Philip Rivers Is the MVP Frontrunner
- Are the Cowboys the Best Team in the NFC East?
- NFL Approaches Quarter Mark
- Week 4 What to Look For
- QBs Off to Efficient Start
- Cardinals & Eagles Flying High
- NFL Predictions Turned Bad
- Will New NFL Conduct Policy Exact Real Change?
- Packers Need a Sense of Urgency
- Contenders and Pretenders
- Cardinals Rise, 49ers Demise
- Key Matchups On Tap For Week 3
- Special Teams Game-Changers
- NFL Comeback Wins
- Goodell Digs Himself Deeper
- Did Roger Goodell's Press Conference Do Enough?
- Death Of The NFL?
- Is This the End for RGIII?
- RGIII's Future in Cousins' Hands
- Richard Sherman Not a 'Shutdown Corner'
- Quarterbacks Take Center Stage
- Is Derek Carr the Answer in Oakland?
- Emmitt Smith on the Running Back's Changing Role
- Who Will Win Super Bowl XLIX
- Super Bowl Follow-Ups
- Best NFL Records, Past 10 Years
Article: Copyright ©
NFL 2014 - What To Look For Week 8