- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
NFL 2014: What To Look For Week 12
Here's what to look for during Week 12 of the NFL 2014 Regular Season
Another Peyton Manning Milestone
Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning passed for 389 yards and a touchdown this past weekend, increasing his streak of games with at least one touchdown pass to 49. With a touchdown pass against the Miami Dolphins, Peyton Manning can become the third quarterback in NFL history to throw at least one touchdown pass in 50 consecutive games.
The NFL quarterbacks with the most consecutive games with at least one touchdown pass:
|Source: NFL *Active streak|
|Drew Brees||2009-2012||New Orleans||54|
|Tom Brady||2010-2013||New England||52|
Historic Tight Ends
Tight ends Rob Gronkowski of the New England Patriots and Antonio Gates of the San Diego Chargers are both on the verge of a significant milestone.
Gronkowski and Gates, both of whom have 9 touchdown catches this season, each need one touchdown reception on Sunday to become the first tight ends in NFL history with 10 or more touchdown receptions in four different seasons.
The tight ends with the most seasons with at least 10 touchdown receptions in NFL history:
|Tight End||Seasons 10+ TDs||TDs (Season)|
|Source: NFL *Nine TDs in 2014|
|Rob Gronkowski||3||10 (2010), 17 (2011), 11(2012)*|
|Antonio Gates||3||13 (2004), 10 (2005), 10 (2010)*|
|Tony Gonzalez||3||11 (1999), 10 (2003), 10 (2008)|
Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald has 46 receptions for 658 yards and two touchdowns this season, bringing his career reception total to 892.
With eight receptions in Week 12 at Seattle, Fitzgerald, who will be 31 years, 84 days old on Sunday, would become the youngest player to reach 900 career receptions in NFL history.
The youngest players ever to reach 900 career receptions:
|Source: NFL *Active **Age on Sunday|
|Andre Johnson*||32 years, 143 days||982|
|Jason Witten*||32 years, 159 days||918|
|Randy Moss||32 years, 275 days||982|
|Tony Gonzalez||32 years, 291 days||1,325|
|Jerry Rice||33 years, 44 days||1,549|
|Larry Fitzgerald*||31 years, 84 days**||892|
Rising Rookie Receiver
Tampa Bay rookie wide receiver Mike Evans caught seven passes for 209 yards and two touchdowns in the Buccaneers' 27-7 victory at Washington in Week 11. The performance marked Evans' third consecutive game with 120 or more receiving yards, joining Billy Howton (1952), Jimmy Orr (1958) and Marques Colston (2006) as the only rookies to do it.
With 120 or more receiving yards at Chicago on Sunday, Evans would become the first rookie in NFL history to accomplish the feat in four consecutive games.
Evans' past three games:
|Nov 2, 2014||Cleveland||7||124||2|
|Nov 9, 2014||Atlanta||7||125||1|
|Nov 16, 2014||Washington||7||209||2|
Fantastic Fred Jackson
Buffalo running back Fred Jackson has rushed for 5,370 yards in his 8-year career.
Jackson, who went undrafted out of Coe College in 2007, needs nine rushing yards on Sunday against the New York Jets to surpass WILLIE PARKER (5,378) for the third-most rushing yards all-time by an undrafted player.
The undrafted players with the most career rushing yards:
|Source: NFL *Active|
|Priest Holmes||1997-2007||Baltimore, KC||8,172|
Indianapolis Colts kicker Adam Vinatieri has made 470 field goals in his 19-year career. With two field goals on Sunday against Jacksonville, Vinatieri would move past MATT STOVER for the fifth-most in NFL history.
The NFL kickers with the most field goals in NFL history:
Houston punter Shane Lechler has placed 371 career punts inside the 20-yard line. With three such punts on Sunday against Cincinnati, Lechler would surpass MATT TURK (373) for the fifth-most punts inside the 20 since the statistic became official in 1976.
The NFL punters with the most punts inside the 20 yard line since 1976:
|Punter||Inside the 20|
NFL Football News & Analysis [...]
Receive our NFL News & Analysis by email by subscribing here
NFL Super Bowl History
NFL Super Bowl History, Scores, Summaries & Super Bowl MVP Articles
NFL Football [...]
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- Arizona's No. 3 QB draws No. 1 Seahawks 'D'
- Left for Dead, Seahawks Defense on Historic Run
- Can Johnny Football Succeed in the NFL?
- Which NFL Coaches Will Be Fired After This Season?
- NFL Players Under Most Pressure in Week 16
- Will Marcus Mariota Make an Easy Transition to the NFL?
- Can Mark Sanchez Lead Philadelphia to the Postseason?
- Larry Fitzgerald on Facing Richard Sherman: 'It's All Business Between the Lines'
- Who to Start and Sit in Fantasy Football Week 16
- Pros and Cons of the NFL's Expanded Playoffs
- Playoff Scenarios for Week 16
- NFC Playoff Picture With Two Weeks To Go
- AFC Playoff Picture With Two Weeks To Go
- Week 15 Preview: 24 Teams in Contention
- Suffocating Seahawks 'D' Rising at Right Time
- Week 15 TNF Preview: Cardinals vs Rams
- AFC Playoff Picture - Week 15
- NFC Playoff Picture - Week 15
- NFL Power Rankings Week 15
- What to Expect from Johnny Manziel's First Start
- Goodell Not Worried About His Legacy
- Making Sense of the AFC North
- NFL Season Enters Final Quarter
- Thursday Night Preview: Cowboys vs Bears
- December Playoff Push
- AFC Teams with Playoffs in Sight
- What to Look For Week 14
- Could the Cowboys Miss the Playoffs?
- Are Cardinals in Danger of Missing the Playoffs?
- Which QB Gives Browns the Best Playoff Shot?
- Why the Seattle Seahawks Will Win the NFC West
- NFL Head Coaches Are Worth More Than You Think
- Patriots vs Packers Preview
- Broncos vs Chiefs Preview
- Best of the AFC North Football
- Is the NFL Playoff System Broken?
- Will the NFL Do Anything About Richard Sherman Calling Out the League?
- Is Rex Ryan's Future in Coaching or Television?
- Thanksgiving Football Preview
- Record 16 Teams With at Least Seven Wins
- AFC Playoff Picture - Week 13
- NFC Playoff Picture - Week 13
- Should Gruden Have Benched RGIII?
- Who's the NFL's Top Four Teams?
- Odell Beckham Jr. Makes Catch of the Year
- The Greatest Catch I Ever Saw
- 21 Teams Fighting for Playoff Spots as NFL Enters Week 12
- Cardinals On Top Of NFL Standings
- Battle For Tightly-Contested AFC North Continues
- Slice It, Dice It, Seahawks Chances are Grim
- What To Look For Week 12
- Is Tom Coughlin's Job on the Line?
- Is Jamaal Charles the Best Running Back in the NFL?
- Seahawks Playing for Their Postseason Lives vs Cardinals
- 3 Trades to Make to Prepare for Fantasy Football Playoffs
- Will Gruden Coach Washington Next Season?
- Adrian Peterson Suspended for the Season Without Pay, Appealing Suspension
- Eli Manning Should Have Been Benched
- Does RGIII Have a Future with Washington?
- Federal Drug Agents Launch Surprise Inspections on NFL Teams
- Playoff Races Heating Up as NFL Season Rolls On
- AFC Rookies Making an Impact
- NFC Rookies Making Their Mark
- What To Look For Week 11
- What If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning Had Switched Teams?
- Could the Green Bay Packers Miss the Playoffs?
- Inside the NFL's Replay Command Center
- Are the Cardinals Still Contenders Without Carson Palmer?
- NFL Enters Second Half As Playoffs Race Intensifies
- AFC Midseason Projections
- NFC Midseason Projections
- Teams Plot Ways to Beat Peyton Manning
- Elite NFL Players on the Decline
- Can Colts Make Super Bowl Run on Passing Game Alone?
- The Arizona Cardinals Are the NFL's Best, Right?
- Are the New England Patriots Now the AFC's Top Team?
- Are the San Francisco 49ers Done?
- Why the Cowboys Are Fake Pretenders
- Impact Rookie Receivers
- Why Rex Ryan Will Be Fired
- Was Jay Cutler a Mistake?
- Red-Zone Efficiency Key To Victory
- Why Seattle Can Still Make the Playoffs
- Peyton Manning Breaks Career TD Passes Record
- Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco
- Philip Rivers' Record-Breaking Streak
- Best 2-Minute QB's Without a Super Bowl Win
- Lions' Defense Sets Team Apart This Year
- Who Is the Dirtiest Player in the NFL?
- Are the Cowboys the NFL's Best Team?
- Most NFL Fans Think Goodell Should Keep Job
- The Most Underutilized NFL Players
- Tight Ends On Record-Breaking Pace
- A Look at Aaron Rodgers
- NFL's Best Young QB
- The Great Football Debate
- Rex Ryan's Return Unlikely
- Will 49ers Part Ways with Jim Harbaugh?
- De Marco Murray Rushing Into The Record Books
- How Many Turnovers Are Too Many for a Young QB?
- QBs Off to Efficient Start
- Cardinals & Eagles Flying High
- Will New NFL Conduct Policy Exact Real Change?
- Special Teams Game-Changers
- NFL Comeback Wins
- Goodell Digs Himself Deeper
- Did Roger Goodell's Press Conference Do Enough?
- Death Of The NFL?
- Is This the End for RGIII?
- Emmitt Smith on the Running Back's Changing Role
- Best NFL Records, Past 10 Years
More NFL Football ...
Article: Copyright ©
NFL 2014 - What To Look For Week 12