- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
NFL 2014: Aaron Rodgers Set to Play 100th Career NFL Game
Drafted in the first round (No. 24 overall) of the 2005 NFL Draft out of California, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers appeared in seven games during his first three seasons before taking over as the team's starting quarterback in 2008.
In his 92 career regular-season starts, Rodgers has guided the Packers to a 61-31 record (.663). He has been selected to three Pro Bowls (2009, 2011 and 2012 seasons) and was named the 2011 Associated Press NFL Most Valuable Player.
"People really count on me to be consistent each week and to play well," says Rodgers. "If I'm playing consistent and doing things I know I'm supposed to do, we'll be able to have some success because of it."
In the postseason, he has won five games (5-4 record), including Super Bowl XLV when he was named the game's Most Valuable Player.
"Aaron is the leader of the Green Bay Packers," says head coach MIKE MC CARTHY about Rodgers, "and serves as a great example to our entire organization, fans and community."
Earlier this season, Rodgers reached 25,000 career passing yards and is one of only five players all-time to reach the milestone in his first 100 games. Rodgers, who reached the mark in his 98th game, needed the fewest attempts (3,065) in NFL history to accomplish the feat.
The players with the most passing yards in their first 100 games:
|Source: NFL *Through 99 games|
|Kurt Warner||Rams, Giants, Arizona||1998-2008||26,097|
|Aaron Rodgers*||Green Bay||2005-Present||25,352|
Last week against Minnesota, Rodgers threw three touchdown passes, including the 200th of his career. He reached 200 touchdown passes in his 99th game, the second-fastest in NFL history behind only Pro Football Hall of Famer DAN MARINO (89 games).
The NFL quarterbacks to reach 200 touchdown passes in the fewest number of games:
|Player||Team(s)||Seasons||Games to 200|
|Aaron Rodgers||Green Bay||2005-2014||99|
|Brett Favre||Atlanta, Green Bay||1991-1998||107|
|Tom Brady||New England||2000-2009||116|
At the time of his 200th career touchdown pass, Rodgers had thrown only 53 interceptions, the fewest at the time of the milestone and 35 fewer than the next closest player (TOM BRADY, 88).
Rodgers is only the second player in NFL history with at least 200 touchdown passes in his first 100 games. Marino threw 217 touchdown passes in his first 100 games and Rodgers has 200 through his first 99 games.
The NFL quarterbacks with the most touchdown passes in their first 100 NFL games:
|Source: NFL *Through 99 games|
|Aaron Rodgers*||Green Bay||2005-Present||200|
|Brett Favre||Atlanta, Green Bay||1991-1998||187|
|Johnny Unitas||Baltimore Colts||1956-1963||168|
In his career, Rodgers has a 105.4 passer rating, the highest mark in NFL history (minimum 1,500 attempts).
|Source: NFL *Active|
|Aaron Rodgers*||Green Bay||2005-2014||105.4|
|Peyton Manning*||Indianapolis, Denver||1998-2014||97.4|
|Steve Young||Tampa Bay, San Francisco||1985-1999||96.8|
|Philip Rivers*||San Diego||2004-2014||96.8|
Rodgers has 200 career touchdown passes and only 53 interceptions for a TD/INT ratio of 3.77, the best mark in league history (minimum 1,500 attempts).
|Source: NFL *Active|
|Aaron Rodgers*||Green Bay||2005-2014||200||53||3.77|
|Tom Brady*||New England||2000-2014||365||136||2.68|
|Peyton Manning*||Indianapolis, Denver||1998-2014||503||222||2.27|
|Philip Rivers*||San Diego||2004-2014||233||106||2.20|
|Steve Young||Tampa Bay, San Francisco||1985-1999||232||107||2.17|
With 25,352 yards on 3,102 attempts, Rodgers' 8.17 yards per attempt mark is the third-highest in NFL history (minimum 1,500 attempts) and the best for a quarterback since 1960. Only Pro Football Hall of Famers OTTO GRAHAM (8.63) and SID LUCKMAN (8.42) have better marks.
|Source: NFL *Active|
|Aaron Rodgers*||Green Bay||2005-2014||3,102||25,352||8.17|
|Norm Van Brocklin||LA Rams, Philadelphia||1949-1960||2,895||23,611||8.16|
|Steve Young||Tampa Bay, 49ers||1985-1999||4,149||33,124||7.98|
- Playoff Races Heating Up as NFL Season Rolls On
- AFC Rookies Making an Impact
- NFC Rookies Making Their Mark
- What To Look For Week 11
- 'Pro Football Now' Preview
- What If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning Had Switched Teams?
- Brady vs Luck: Who Has the Upper Hand in Sunday Night Showdown?
- Could the Green Bay Packers Miss the Playoffs?
- NFL Power Rankings for Week 11
- Inside the NFL's Replay Command Center
- Are the Cardinals Still Contenders Without Carson Palmer?
- Brady, Luck Faceoff and Other NFL Week 11 Games to Watch
- NFL Enters Second Half As Playoffs Race Intensifies
- Week 10 Thursday Night Football Preview
- What To Look For Week 10
- AFC Midseason Projections
- NFC Midseason Projections
- Teams Plot Ways to Beat Peyton Manning
- Fantasy Football Trades to Make Before Deadline
- Most Important Games of the Second Half of NFL Season
- Elite NFL Players on the Decline
- Can Colts Make Super Bowl Run on Passing Game Alone?
- 7-1 Means the Arizona Cardinals Are the NFL's Best, Right?
- Are the New England Patriots Now the AFC's Top Team?
- Are the San Francisco 49ers Done?
- Who to Play in Fantasy Football's Week 10
- Why the Cowboys Are Fake Pretenders
- Week 9: Great Slate in Store
- NFL Week 9 Games to Watch
- Manning vs Brady XVI
- Impact Rookie Receivers
- What To Look For Week 9
- New York Jets Will Clean House
- Why Rex Ryan Will Be Fired
- Was Jay Cutler a Mistake?
- NFL Week 8 Preview
- Showdown in the Desert: Eagles (5-1) Visit Cardinals (5-1)
- Red-Zone Efficiency Key To Victory
- What To Look For Week 8
- Steelers Score 3 TDs in 73 Seconds vs Texans
- Why Seattle Can Make the Playoffs
- Peyton Manning Breaks Career TD Passes Record
- Bengals, Browns, Chargers: Are They Who We Thought They Were?
- NFL Week 7 Preview
- Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco
- Philip Rivers' Record-Breaking Streak
- What To Look For Week 7
- Best 2-Minute QB's Without a Super Bowl Win
- NFL Games to Watch Week 7
- Lions' Defense Sets Team Apart This Year
- Who Is the Dirtiest Player in the NFL?
- Matthew Stafford Approaches Dan Marino Record
- Why Cardinals Will Dethrone Seahawks in NFC West
- Are the Cowboys the NFL's Best Team?
- Which Season-Ending Injury Hurts the Most?
- NFL Week 6 Preview
- Do Giants or Eagles Have Edge?
- Most NFL Fans Think Goodell Should Keep Job
- The Most Underutilized NFL Players
- Tight Ends On Record-Breaking Pace
- A Look at Aaron Rodgers
- Week 6 What to Look For
- NFL's Best Young QB
- The Great Football Debate
- Most Likely to Go 0-16
- Rex Ryan's Return Unlikely
- Will 49ers Part Ways with Jim Harbaugh?
- NFL 2014: NFL Season Enters Second Quarter
- What To Look For Week 5
- Peyton Manning Approaches 500th TD Pass
- De Marco Murray Rushing Into The Record Books
- What's Wrong with the Patriots?
- NFL MVP at the Quarter Mark
- How Many Turnovers Are Too Many for a Young QB?
- Will Peyton Manning Solve the Cardinals Secondary?
- Why Philip Rivers Is the MVP Frontrunner
- Are the Cowboys the Best Team in the NFC East?
- NFL Approaches Quarter Mark
- Week 4 What to Look For
- QBs Off to Efficient Start
- Cardinals & Eagles Flying High
- NFL Predictions Turned Bad
- Will New NFL Conduct Policy Exact Real Change?
- Packers Need a Sense of Urgency
- Contenders and Pretenders
- Cardinals Rise, 49ers Demise
- Key Matchups On Tap For Week 3
- Special Teams Game-Changers
- NFL Comeback Wins
- Goodell Digs Himself Deeper
- Did Roger Goodell's Press Conference Do Enough?
- Death Of The NFL?
- Is This the End for RGIII?
- RGIII's Future in Cousins' Hands
- Richard Sherman Not a 'Shutdown Corner'
- Quarterbacks Take Center Stage
- Is Derek Carr the Answer in Oakland?
- Emmitt Smith on the Running Back's Changing Role
- Who Will Win Super Bowl XLIX
- Super Bowl Follow-Ups
- Best NFL Records, Past 10 Years
Article: Copyright ©