- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
NFL 2014: AFC Teams with Playoffs in Sight
Four weeks remain in the NFL regular season and wins are increasingly tough to come by, with every game of vital importance in the race to the playoffs.
"You want to be playing your best in November and December, that's the important part of your schedule," says Denver head coach JOHN FOX. "We're getting ready to embark on the fourth quarter of our regular-season schedule. You build that and it takes time, and it takes a lot of effort."
Twelve of 16 AFC clubs currently have winning percentages of .500 or better and are in the thick of the playoff hunt. The Week 14 schedule includes five games featuring AFC teams with winning records:
|Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5) at Cincinnati Bengals (8-3-1)|
|Indianapolis Colts (8-4) at Cleveland Browns (7-5)|
|Baltimore Ravens (7-5) at Miami Dolphins (7-5)|
|Buffalo Bills (7-5) at Denver Broncos (9-3)|
|New England Patriots (9-3) at San Diego Chargers (8-4)|
Two of the best "final four" quarterbacks will face off in primetime this week, as TOM BRADY's New England Patriots travel to San Diego to face PHILIP RIVERS and the Chargers on Sunday Night Football. Rivers is 29-3 (.906) all-time in the final four games of the regular season, the highest winning percentage among quarterbacks since 1970 (minimum 20 starts). Brady ranks second during that span, with a 40-8 (.833) record in such games.
The quarterbacks with the best records in the final four games of the regular season since 1970 (minimum 20 starts):
|Source: NFL *Active|
The Patriots and Chargers have identical 17-3 (.850) records in the final four games of the regular season since 2009, tied for the best mark in the NFL during that span.
"We're in a decent position," says Brady, whose Patriots need one win to join the San Francisco 49ers (1983-1996) as the only teams in NFL history with at least 12 consecutive 10-win seasons. "We have to win tough games and find ways to make the important plays when we have them."
The team's with the best records in the final four games of the regular season since 2009:
|New England Patriots||17-3||.850|
|San Diego Chargers||17-3||.850|
|San Francisco 49ers||15-5||.750|
|Green Bay Packers||14-6||.700|
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- Arizona's No. 3 QB draws No. 1 Seahawks 'D'
- Left for Dead, Seahawks Defense on Historic Run
- Can Johnny Football Succeed in the NFL?
- Which NFL Coaches Will Be Fired After This Season?
- NFL Players Under Most Pressure in Week 16
- Will Marcus Mariota Make an Easy Transition to the NFL?
- Can Mark Sanchez Lead Philadelphia to the Postseason?
- Larry Fitzgerald on Facing Richard Sherman: 'It's All Business Between the Lines'
- Who to Start and Sit in Fantasy Football Week 16
- Pros and Cons of the NFL's Expanded Playoffs
- Playoff Scenarios for Week 16
- NFC Playoff Picture With Two Weeks To Go
- AFC Playoff Picture With Two Weeks To Go
- Week 15 Preview: 24 Teams in Contention
- Suffocating Seahawks 'D' Rising at Right Time
- Week 15 TNF Preview: Cardinals vs Rams
- AFC Playoff Picture - Week 15
- NFC Playoff Picture - Week 15
- NFL Power Rankings Week 15
- What to Expect from Johnny Manziel's First Start
- Goodell Not Worried About His Legacy
- Making Sense of the AFC North
- NFL Season Enters Final Quarter
- Thursday Night Preview: Cowboys vs Bears
- December Playoff Push
- AFC Teams with Playoffs in Sight
- What to Look For Week 14
- Could the Cowboys Miss the Playoffs?
- Are Cardinals in Danger of Missing the Playoffs?
- Which QB Gives Browns the Best Playoff Shot?
- Why the Seattle Seahawks Will Win the NFC West
- NFL Head Coaches Are Worth More Than You Think
- Patriots vs Packers Preview
- Broncos vs Chiefs Preview
- Best of the AFC North Football
- Is the NFL Playoff System Broken?
- Will the NFL Do Anything About Richard Sherman Calling Out the League?
- Is Rex Ryan's Future in Coaching or Television?
- Thanksgiving Football Preview
- Record 16 Teams With at Least Seven Wins
- AFC Playoff Picture - Week 13
- NFC Playoff Picture - Week 13
- Should Gruden Have Benched RGIII?
- Who's the NFL's Top Four Teams?
- Odell Beckham Jr. Makes Catch of the Year
- The Greatest Catch I Ever Saw
- 21 Teams Fighting for Playoff Spots as NFL Enters Week 12
- Cardinals On Top Of NFL Standings
- Battle For Tightly-Contested AFC North Continues
- Slice It, Dice It, Seahawks Chances are Grim
- Is Tom Coughlin's Job on the Line?
- Is Jamaal Charles the Best Running Back in the NFL?
- Seahawks Playing for Their Postseason Lives vs Cardinals
- 3 Trades to Make to Prepare for Fantasy Football Playoffs
- Will Gruden Coach Washington Next Season?
- Adrian Peterson Suspended for the Season Without Pay, Appealing Suspension
- Eli Manning Should Have Been Benched
- Does RGIII Have a Future with Washington?
- Federal Drug Agents Launch Surprise Inspections on NFL Teams
- Playoff Races Heating Up as NFL Season Rolls On
- AFC Rookies Making an Impact
- NFC Rookies Making Their Mark
- What If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning Had Switched Teams?
- Could the Green Bay Packers Miss the Playoffs?
- Inside the NFL's Replay Command Center
- Are the Cardinals Still Contenders Without Carson Palmer?
- Teams Plot Ways to Beat Peyton Manning
- Elite NFL Players on the Decline
- Can Colts Make Super Bowl Run on Passing Game Alone?
- The Arizona Cardinals Are the NFL's Best, Right?
- Are the New England Patriots Now the AFC's Top Team?
- Are the San Francisco 49ers Done?
- Why the Cowboys Are Fake Pretenders
- Impact Rookie Receivers
- Red-Zone Efficiency Key To Victory
- Why Seattle Can Still Make the Playoffs
- Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco
- Best 2-Minute QB's Without a Super Bowl Win
- Lions' Defense Sets Team Apart This Year
- Who Is the Dirtiest Player in the NFL?
- The Most Underutilized NFL Players
- Tight Ends On Record-Breaking Pace
- A Look at Aaron Rodgers
- NFL's Best Young QB
- The Great Football Debate
- Will New NFL Conduct Policy Exact Real Change?
- Special Teams Game-Changers
- Death Of The NFL?
- Is This the End for RGIII?
- Emmitt Smith on the Running Back's Changing Role
- Best NFL Records, Past 10 Years
Article: Copyright ©
NFL 2014 - AFC Teams with Playoffs in Sight