- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
NFL 2014: What to Look For Week 14
Here's what to look for during Week 14 of the NFL 2014 Regular Season
Houston Texans wide receiver ANDRE JOHNSON (992) needs eight catches to become the 10th player in NFL history to reach 1,000 career receptions. Johnson, who has played 166 career games, can tie MARVIN HARRISON (167) for the fewest games in NFL history to reach the milestone.
Johnson can also join Harrison, REGGIE WAYNE and HINES WARD as the only players with more than 1,000 receptions who only played for one franchise.
The NFL players to reach 1,000 career catches:
|Source: NFL *Active|
|Jerry Rice||49ers, Raiders, Seahawks||1985-2004||1,549|
|Tony Gonzalez||Chiefs, Falcons||1997-2013||1,325|
|Cris Carter||Eagles, Vikings, Dolphins||1987-2002||1,101|
|Tim Brown||Raiders, Buccaneers||1988-2004||1,094|
|Terrell Owens||49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills, Bengals||1996-2010||1,078|
|Isaac Bruce||Rams, 49ers||1994-2009||1,024|
The NFL players to reach 1,000 receptions in the fewest games in NFL history:
|Source: NFL * 992 career catches|
Denver's PEYTON MANNING (13) and New Orleans' DREW BREES (eight) rank No. 1 and 2, respectively, on the all-time list of NFL players with the most 4,000-yard passing seasons.
Both players can extend those historic totals in Week 14. Manning (3,737) needs 263 yards against Buffalo to reach 4,000 passing yards for the 14th time. Brees (3,748) has an active streak of eight 4,000-yard passing seasons, the longest in NFL history, and needs 252 yards against Carolina to reach the milestone for the ninth consecutive year.
The players with the most 4,000-yard passing seasons:
|Source: NFL *Active|
Seattle quarterback RUSSELL WILSON has led the Seahawks to 32 regular-season wins, already tied with JOE FLACCO for the third-most wins by a starting quarterback through his first three seasons who began his career in the Super Bowl era. With a victory against Philadelphia on Sunday, Wilson would tie Pro Football Hall of Famer DAN MARINO (33) and MATT RYAN (33) for the most wins by a starting QB in his first three seasons during that span.
ANDREW LUCK, who also entered the NFL in 2012, has led Indianapolis to 30 regular-season wins. With a win against Cleveland in Week 14, Luck would surpass ANDY DALTON (30) for sole possession of the fifth-most wins among Super Bowl-era starting QBs in their first three seasons.
The starting quarterbacks with the most wins through their first three seasons who began their careers in the Super Bowl era (since 1966):
|Source: NFL *Entered NFL in 2012|
Indianapolis Colts quarterback ANDREW LUCK leads the league with 4,011 passing yards, including an NFL-best 10 300-yard passing games.
With 300 passing yards on Sunday against Cleveland, Luck can join DREW BREES (twice), PEYTON MANNING and TOM BRADY as the only players in NFL history with at least 11 300-yard passing games in one season. Brees holds the single-season record with 13 300-yard passing games in 2011.
The players with the most 300-yard passing games in a season:
|Source: NFL *Through 12 games|
|Drew Brees||New Orleans||2011||13|
|Tom Brady||New England||2011||11|
|Drew Brees||New Orleans||2013||11|
Since entering the NFL in 2011, Cincinnati wide receiver A.J. GREEN has 4,519 receiving yards. With 87 receiving yards against Pittsburgh on Sunday, Green can surpass LARRY FITZGERALD (4,544) and ANQUAN BOLDIN (4,605) for the fourth-most receiving yards by any player in his first four NFL seasons.
The players with the most receiving yards in their first four seasons:
Buffalo running back FRED JACKSON has 5,472 career rushing yards and 2,479 receiving yards. With 21 receiving yards on Sunday against Denver, Jackson would join PRIEST HOLMES and CLEM DANIELS as the only undrafted players in NFL history with at least 5,000 rushing yards and 2,500 receiving.
Holmes is the all-time rushing leader among undrafted players with 8,172 yards and also recorded 2,962 career receiving yards. Daniels finished his nine-year career with 5,138 rushing yards and 3,314 receiving yards.
Jackson can also join Pro Football Hall of Famer THURMAN THOMAS as the only players to accomplish the feat in franchise history, regardless of draft position.
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- Arizona's No. 3 QB draws No. 1 Seahawks 'D'
- Left for Dead, Seahawks Defense on Historic Run
- Can Johnny Football Succeed in the NFL?
- Which NFL Coaches Will Be Fired After This Season?
- NFL Players Under Most Pressure in Week 16
- Will Marcus Mariota Make an Easy Transition to the NFL?
- Can Mark Sanchez Lead Philadelphia to the Postseason?
- Larry Fitzgerald on Facing Richard Sherman: 'It's All Business Between the Lines'
- Who to Start and Sit in Fantasy Football Week 16
- Pros and Cons of the NFL's Expanded Playoffs
- Playoff Scenarios for Week 16
- NFC Playoff Picture With Two Weeks To Go
- AFC Playoff Picture With Two Weeks To Go
- Week 15 Preview: 24 Teams in Contention
- Suffocating Seahawks 'D' Rising at Right Time
- Week 15 TNF Preview: Cardinals vs Rams
- AFC Playoff Picture - Week 15
- NFC Playoff Picture - Week 15
- NFL Power Rankings Week 15
- What to Expect from Johnny Manziel's First Start
- Goodell Not Worried About His Legacy
- Making Sense of the AFC North
- NFL Season Enters Final Quarter
- Thursday Night Preview: Cowboys vs Bears
- December Playoff Push
- AFC Teams with Playoffs in Sight
- What to Look For Week 14
- Could the Cowboys Miss the Playoffs?
- Are Cardinals in Danger of Missing the Playoffs?
- Which QB Gives Browns the Best Playoff Shot?
- Why the Seattle Seahawks Will Win the NFC West
- NFL Head Coaches Are Worth More Than You Think
- Patriots vs Packers Preview
- Broncos vs Chiefs Preview
- Best of the AFC North Football
- Is the NFL Playoff System Broken?
- Will the NFL Do Anything About Richard Sherman Calling Out the League?
- Is Rex Ryan's Future in Coaching or Television?
- Thanksgiving Football Preview
- Record 16 Teams With at Least Seven Wins
- AFC Playoff Picture - Week 13
- NFC Playoff Picture - Week 13
- Should Gruden Have Benched RGIII?
- Who's the NFL's Top Four Teams?
- Odell Beckham Jr. Makes Catch of the Year
- The Greatest Catch I Ever Saw
- 21 Teams Fighting for Playoff Spots as NFL Enters Week 12
- Cardinals On Top Of NFL Standings
- Battle For Tightly-Contested AFC North Continues
- Slice It, Dice It, Seahawks Chances are Grim
- Is Tom Coughlin's Job on the Line?
- Is Jamaal Charles the Best Running Back in the NFL?
- Seahawks Playing for Their Postseason Lives vs Cardinals
- 3 Trades to Make to Prepare for Fantasy Football Playoffs
- Will Gruden Coach Washington Next Season?
- Adrian Peterson Suspended for the Season Without Pay, Appealing Suspension
- Eli Manning Should Have Been Benched
- Does RGIII Have a Future with Washington?
- Federal Drug Agents Launch Surprise Inspections on NFL Teams
- Playoff Races Heating Up as NFL Season Rolls On
- AFC Rookies Making an Impact
- NFC Rookies Making Their Mark
- What If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning Had Switched Teams?
- Could the Green Bay Packers Miss the Playoffs?
- Inside the NFL's Replay Command Center
- Are the Cardinals Still Contenders Without Carson Palmer?
- Teams Plot Ways to Beat Peyton Manning
- Elite NFL Players on the Decline
- Can Colts Make Super Bowl Run on Passing Game Alone?
- The Arizona Cardinals Are the NFL's Best, Right?
- Are the New England Patriots Now the AFC's Top Team?
- Are the San Francisco 49ers Done?
- Why the Cowboys Are Fake Pretenders
- Impact Rookie Receivers
- Red-Zone Efficiency Key To Victory
- Why Seattle Can Still Make the Playoffs
- Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco
- Best 2-Minute QB's Without a Super Bowl Win
- Lions' Defense Sets Team Apart This Year
- Who Is the Dirtiest Player in the NFL?
- The Most Underutilized NFL Players
- Tight Ends On Record-Breaking Pace
- A Look at Aaron Rodgers
- NFL's Best Young QB
- The Great Football Debate
- Will New NFL Conduct Policy Exact Real Change?
- Special Teams Game-Changers
- Death Of The NFL?
- Is This the End for RGIII?
- Emmitt Smith on the Running Back's Changing Role
- Best NFL Records, Past 10 Years
Article: Copyright ©