- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
NFL 2014: What To Look For Week 7
Here's what to look for during Week 7 of the NFL 2014 Regular Season
Quarterbacks have been historically efficient through Week 6 of the 2014 season, combining for a league-wide passer rating of 91.0 and a completion percentage of 63.3. Both are on pace to be the highest of any season in NFL history and would surpass records set in 2013 (86.0 passer rating; 61.2 completion percentage).
The league-wide yards-per-pass attempt average, currently at 7.27, is also on pace to be the highest of any season in the Super Bowl era.
The NFL seasons with the highest league-wide yards-per-pass attempt average in the Super Bowl era (since 1966):
|Season||Yards / Pass|
|Source: NFL *Through Week 6|
Historic Peyton Manning
Last week, quarterback Peyton Manning threw for three touchdowns in the Broncos' 31-17 win over the New York Jets.
Manning now has 506 career touchdown passes and with three touchdowns against San Francisco on Sunday Night Football, he will surpass BRETT FAVRE (508) for the most career touchdown passes in NFL history.
The players with the most career touchdown passes in NFL history:
|Player||Team(s)||Career TD Passes|
|Source: NFL *Active|
|Brett Favre||Green Bay, NY Jets, Minnesota||508|
|Peyton Manning*||Indianapolis, Denver||506|
|Drew Brees*||San Diego, New Orleans||372|
|Tom Brady*||New England||369|
No Place Like Home
The New England Patriots host their first division opponent of the year when they face the New York Jets on Thursday Night Football.
The Patriots have won 15 consecutive home games against division opponents. With a win against the Jets, New England will tie the DALLAS COWBOYS (1991-95) and MIAMI DOLPHINS (1971-75) for the third-longest such streak since 1970.
The teams with the most consecutive home wins against division opponents since 1970:
|Source: NFL *Active|
|Green Bay Packers||1994-98||18|
|New England Patriots||2009-present||15|
Dallas running back De Marco Murray has at least 100 rushing yards in each of his first six games, tied with Pro Football Hall of Famer Jim Brown for the longest such streak in NFL history to begin a season.
With at least 100 rushing yards against the New York Giants on Sunday, Murray can become the first player in NFL history to do so in at least seven games to begin a season.
The longest start-of-season streaks in NFL history with at least 100 rushing yards:
|Source: NFL *Active Streak|
Murray (785) leads the NFL in rushing yards and with 105 rushing yards on Sunday, he would surpass Pro Football Hall of Famer Barry Sanders for the third-most rushing yards in a team's first seven games since 1980 (Jamal Lewis, 977; Terrell Davis, 1,001).
The most rushing yards through a team's first seven games since 1980:
|Source: NFL *Through six games|
Arizona rookie kicker Chandler Catanzaro has converted all 14 field-goal attempts this season.
With at least two field goals and no misses on Sunday at Oakland, Catanzaro will surpass St. Louis' GREG ZUERLEIN (15 in 2012) for the longest consecutive field goals made to start a rookie season in NFL history.
(Bye)ing A Win
The Kansas City Chiefs and head coach ANDY REID travel to San Diego to face the Chargers on Sunday following their bye week.
Reid (13-2) has the third-best record among head coaches coming off a bye week (minimum 8 games), trailing Pro Football Hall of Famer MARV LEVY (8-1) and MIKE MC CARTHY (7-1).
The head coaches with the best records following a bye week (minimum eight games):
|Source: NFL *Active|
|Marv Levy||Kansas City, Buffalo||8-1||.889|
|Mike McCarthy*||Green Bay||7-1||.875|
|Andy Reid*||Philadelphia, Kansas City||13-2||.867|
|Dennis Green||Minnesota, Arizona||11-3||.786|
|John Fox*||Carolina, Denver||10-3||.769|
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- Arizona's No. 3 QB draws No. 1 Seahawks 'D'
- Left for Dead, Seahawks Defense on Historic Run
- Can Johnny Football Succeed in the NFL?
- Which NFL Coaches Will Be Fired After This Season?
- NFL Players Under Most Pressure in Week 16
- Will Marcus Mariota Make an Easy Transition to the NFL?
- Can Mark Sanchez Lead Philadelphia to the Postseason?
- Larry Fitzgerald on Facing Richard Sherman: 'It's All Business Between the Lines'
- Who to Start and Sit in Fantasy Football Week 16
- Pros and Cons of the NFL's Expanded Playoffs
- Playoff Scenarios for Week 16
- NFC Playoff Picture With Two Weeks To Go
- AFC Playoff Picture With Two Weeks To Go
- Week 15 Preview: 24 Teams in Contention
- Suffocating Seahawks 'D' Rising at Right Time
- Week 15 TNF Preview: Cardinals vs Rams
- AFC Playoff Picture - Week 15
- NFC Playoff Picture - Week 15
- NFL Power Rankings Week 15
- What to Expect from Johnny Manziel's First Start
- Goodell Not Worried About His Legacy
- Making Sense of the AFC North
- NFL Season Enters Final Quarter
- Thursday Night Preview: Cowboys vs Bears
- December Playoff Push
- AFC Teams with Playoffs in Sight
- What to Look For Week 14
- Could the Cowboys Miss the Playoffs?
- Are Cardinals in Danger of Missing the Playoffs?
- Which QB Gives Browns the Best Playoff Shot?
- Why the Seattle Seahawks Will Win the NFC West
- NFL Head Coaches Are Worth More Than You Think
- Patriots vs Packers Preview
- Broncos vs Chiefs Preview
- Best of the AFC North Football
- Is the NFL Playoff System Broken?
- Will the NFL Do Anything About Richard Sherman Calling Out the League?
- Is Rex Ryan's Future in Coaching or Television?
- Thanksgiving Football Preview
- Record 16 Teams With at Least Seven Wins
- AFC Playoff Picture - Week 13
- NFC Playoff Picture - Week 13
- Should Gruden Have Benched RGIII?
- Who's the NFL's Top Four Teams?
- Odell Beckham Jr. Makes Catch of the Year
- The Greatest Catch I Ever Saw
- 21 Teams Fighting for Playoff Spots as NFL Enters Week 12
- Cardinals On Top Of NFL Standings
- Battle For Tightly-Contested AFC North Continues
- Slice It, Dice It, Seahawks Chances are Grim
- What To Look For Week 12
- Is Tom Coughlin's Job on the Line?
- Is Jamaal Charles the Best Running Back in the NFL?
- Seahawks Playing for Their Postseason Lives vs Cardinals
- 3 Trades to Make to Prepare for Fantasy Football Playoffs
- Will Gruden Coach Washington Next Season?
- Adrian Peterson Suspended for the Season Without Pay, Appealing Suspension
- Eli Manning Should Have Been Benched
- Does RGIII Have a Future with Washington?
- Federal Drug Agents Launch Surprise Inspections on NFL Teams
- Playoff Races Heating Up as NFL Season Rolls On
- AFC Rookies Making an Impact
- NFC Rookies Making Their Mark
- What To Look For Week 11
- 'Pro Football Now' Preview
- What If Tom Brady and Peyton Manning Had Switched Teams?
- Brady vs Luck: Who Has the Upper Hand in Sunday Night Showdown?
- Could the Green Bay Packers Miss the Playoffs?
- NFL Power Rankings for Week 11
- Inside the NFL's Replay Command Center
- Are the Cardinals Still Contenders Without Carson Palmer?
- Brady, Luck Faceoff and Other NFL Week 11 Games to Watch
- NFL Enters Second Half As Playoffs Race Intensifies
- Week 10 Thursday Night Football Preview
- What To Look For Week 10
- AFC Midseason Projections
- NFC Midseason Projections
- Teams Plot Ways to Beat Peyton Manning
- Fantasy Football Trades to Make Before Deadline
- Most Important Games of the Second Half of NFL Season
- Elite NFL Players on the Decline
- Can Colts Make Super Bowl Run on Passing Game Alone?
- 7-1 Means the Arizona Cardinals Are the NFL's Best, Right?
- Are the New England Patriots Now the AFC's Top Team?
- Are the San Francisco 49ers Done?
- Who to Play in Fantasy Football's Week 10
- Why the Cowboys Are Fake Pretenders
- Week 9: Great Slate in Store
- NFL Week 9 Games to Watch
- Manning vs Brady XVI
- Impact Rookie Receivers
- What To Look For Week 9
- New York Jets Will Clean House
- Why Rex Ryan Will Be Fired
- Was Jay Cutler a Mistake?
- NFL Week 8 Preview
- Showdown in the Desert: Eagles (5-1) Visit Cardinals (5-1)
- Red-Zone Efficiency Key To Victory
- What To Look For Week 8
- Steelers Score 3 TDs in 73 Seconds vs Texans
- Why Seattle Can Make the Playoffs
- Peyton Manning Breaks Career TD Passes Record
- Bengals, Browns, Chargers: Are They Who We Thought They Were?
- NFL Week 7 Preview
- Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco
- Philip Rivers' Record-Breaking Streak
- What To Look For Week 7
- Best 2-Minute QB's Without a Super Bowl Win
- NFL Games to Watch Week 7
- Lions' Defense Sets Team Apart This Year
- Who Is the Dirtiest Player in the NFL?
- Matthew Stafford Approaches Dan Marino Record
- Why Cardinals Will Dethrone Seahawks in NFC West
- Are the Cowboys the NFL's Best Team?
- Which Season-Ending Injury Hurts the Most?
- NFL Week 6 Preview
- Do Giants or Eagles Have Edge?
- Most NFL Fans Think Goodell Should Keep Job
- The Most Underutilized NFL Players
- Tight Ends On Record-Breaking Pace
- A Look at Aaron Rodgers
- Week 6 What to Look For
- NFL's Best Young QB
- The Great Football Debate
- Most Likely to Go 0-16
- Rex Ryan's Return Unlikely
- Will 49ers Part Ways with Jim Harbaugh?
- NFL 2014: NFL Season Enters Second Quarter
- What To Look For Week 5
- Peyton Manning Approaches 500th TD Pass
- De Marco Murray Rushing Into The Record Books
- What's Wrong with the Patriots?
- NFL MVP at the Quarter Mark
- How Many Turnovers Are Too Many for a Young QB?
- Will Peyton Manning Solve the Cardinals Secondary?
- Why Philip Rivers Is the MVP Frontrunner
- Are the Cowboys the Best Team in the NFC East?
- NFL Approaches Quarter Mark
- Week 4 What to Look For
- QBs Off to Efficient Start
- Cardinals & Eagles Flying High
- NFL Predictions Turned Bad
- Will New NFL Conduct Policy Exact Real Change?
- Packers Need a Sense of Urgency
- Contenders and Pretenders
- Cardinals Rise, 49ers Demise
- Key Matchups On Tap For Week 3
- Special Teams Game-Changers
- NFL Comeback Wins
- Goodell Digs Himself Deeper
- Did Roger Goodell's Press Conference Do Enough?
- Death Of The NFL?
- Is This the End for RGIII?
- RGIII's Future in Cousins' Hands
- Richard Sherman Not a 'Shutdown Corner'
- Quarterbacks Take Center Stage
- Is Derek Carr the Answer in Oakland?
- Emmitt Smith on the Running Back's Changing Role
- Who Will Win Super Bowl XLIX
- Super Bowl Follow-Ups
- Best NFL Records, Past 10 Years
Article: Copyright ©