- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
Sports Illustrated's Doug Farrar and Chris Burke discuss the anxiety level for AFC teams that are currently 0-2
Sports Illustrated's Doug Farrar and Chris Burke discuss the anxiety level for NFC teams that are currently 0-2
It's Still Early
History shows that 0-2 teams advance to the playoffs more often than people might think. Since the current playoff format was instituted in 1990, 23 teams started 0-2 and still qualified for the postseason.
Last season, the Carolina Panthers started the season 0-2 and went on to win the NFC South after finishing 12-4, becoming the first team since the 2003 Philadelphia Eagles to earn a first-round bye after an 0-2 start.
The 1993 Dallas Cowboys started 0-2 before winning Super Bowl XXVIII. The 0-2 New England Patriots of 1996 played in Super Bowl XXXI, and in 2001, the 0-2 Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVI. The 2007 New York Giants started 0-2 before winning Super Bowl XLII.
0-2 or worse NFL teams since 1990 to qualify for the playoffs:
|1990||Houston Oilers||0-2||Wild Card Playoffs|
|1990||Philadelphia Eagles||0-2||Wild Card Playoffs|
|1990||New Orleans Saints||0-2||Wild Card Playoffs|
|1991||Atlanta Falcons||0-2||Wild Card Playoffs|
|1992||San Diego Chargers||0-4||Divisional Playoffs|
|1993||Pittsburgh Steelers||0-2||Wild Card Playoffs|
|1993||Dallas Cowboys||0-2||Won Super Bowl XXVIII|
|1994||New England Patriots||0-2||Wild Card Playoffs|
|1995||Detroit Lions||0-3||Wild Card Playoffs|
|1996||New England Patriots||0-2||Lost Super Bowl XXXI|
|1998||Arizona Cardinals||0-2||Divisional Playoffs|
|1998||Buffalo Bills||0-3||Wild Card Playoffs|
|1998||New York Jets||0-2||Championship Game|
|2001||New England Patriots||0-2||Won Super Bowl XXXVI|
|2002||Atlanta Falcons||0-2||Divisional Playoffs|
|2002||Pittsburgh Steelers||0-2||Divisional Playoffs|
|2003||Philadelphia Eagles||0-2||Championship Game|
|2006||Kansas City Chiefs||0-2||Wild Card Playoffs|
|2007||New York Giants||0-2||Won Super Bowl XLII|
|2008||Miami Dolphins||0-2||Wild Card Playoffs|
|2008||Minnesota Vikings||0-2||Wild Card Playoffs|
|2008||San Diego Chargers||0-2||Divisional Playoffs|
|2013||Carolina Panthers||0-2||Divisional Playoffs|
- NFL Week 6 Preview
- Do Giants or Eagles Have Edge?
- Most NFL Fans Think Goodell Should Keep Job
- The Most Underutilized NFL Players
- Tight Ends On Record-Breaking Pace
- A Look at Aaron Rodgers
- Week 6 What to Look For
- NFL's Best Young QB
- The Great Football Debate
- Most Likely to Go 0-16
- Rex Ryan's Return Unlikely
- Will 49ers Part Ways with Jim Harbaugh?
- NFL 2014: NFL Season Enters Second Quarter
- What To Look For Week 5
- Peyton Manning Approaches 500th TD Pass
- De Marco Murray Rushing Into The Record Books
- What's Wrong with the Patriots?
- NFL MVP at the Quarter Mark
- How Many Turnovers Are Too Many for a Young QB?
- Will Peyton Manning Solve the Cardinals Secondary?
- Why Philip Rivers Is the MVP Frontrunner
- Are the Cowboys the Best Team in the NFC East?
- NFL Approaches Quarter Mark
- Week 4 What to Look For
- QBs Off to Efficient Start
- Cardinals & Eagles Flying High
- NFL Predictions Turned Bad
- Will New NFL Conduct Policy Exact Real Change?
- Packers Need a Sense of Urgency
- Contenders and Pretenders
- Cardinals Rise, 49ers Demise
- Key Matchups On Tap For Week 3
- What To Look For Week 3
- Special Teams Game-Changers
- NFL Comeback Wins
- Goodell Digs Himself Deeper
- Did Roger Goodell's Press Conference Do Enough?
- Week 3 Under the Radar Games
- The 0-2 Panic Meter
- Top 5 QBs for Week 3
- Adrian Peterson Reinstated by Vikings
- Death Of The NFL?
- Is This the End for RGIII?
- RGIII's Future in Cousins' Hands
- Best & Worst from NFL Week 2
- Richard Sherman Not a 'Shutdown Corner'
- NFL 2014: Week 2 Preview
- NFL 2014: Week 2 What to Look For
- NFL 2014: 'Must Win' Games for Week 2
- NFL 2014: Chiefs vs Broncos Preview
- NFL 2014: NFL Calls on Ex-FBI Chief to Probe Ray Rice Matter
- NFL 2014: Pressure Building for Roger Goodell's Resignation
- NFL 2014: Week 2 Fantasy Football Picks
- NFL 2014 Week 1: Andrew Luck vs Peyton Manning
- NFL 2014 Week 1: Back To Football
- Quarterbacks Take Center Stage
- Is Derek Carr the Answer in Oakland?
- Fantasy Football Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 1
- Emmitt Smith on the Running Back's Changing Role
- Seahawks & Packers Kick Off NFL 2014 Season
- NFL 2014: Who Will Win Super Bowl XLIX
- NFL 2014: NFC East Division Preview
- NFL 2014: NFC North Division Preview
- NFL 2014: NFC South Division Preview
- NFL 2014: NFC West Division Preview
- NFL 2014: AFC East Division Preview
- NFL 2014: AFC South Division Preview
- NFL 2014: AFC North Division Preview
- NFL 2014: AFC West Division Preview
- NFL 2014: Seattle Seahawks - Super Follow-Ups
- Best NFL Records, Past 10 Years
- NFL Division Titles Up for Grabs
Article: Copyright ©
NFL 2014 - The 0-2 Panic Meter