- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
NFL 2014: Nick Foles
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles completed 203 of 317 passes (64.0 percent) for 2,891 yards with 27 touchdowns and two interceptions for an NFL-best 119.2 passer rating last season. Foles' 119.2 passer rating is the third-highest single season mark in NFL history and his 27/2 TD/INT ratio is the best all-time.
"Nick's a great teammate," says Eagles wide receiver Riley Cooper. "He has so much confidence and that's something you need in a quarterback. He's a real winner."
The NFL Quarterbacks with the highest passer rating in a single NFL season:
In Week 9 against Oakland (November 3), Foles completed 22 of 28 passes (78.6 percent) for 406 yards with seven touchdowns and no interceptions for a 158.3 passer rating, the highest attainable mark. Foles tied the NFL single-game record with seven touchdown passes and is the only player in league history to pass for seven touchdowns and post a 158.3 passer rating in the same game.
"It's a great honor," said Foles after tying the single-game touchdown record. "Hats off to our guys for doing a great job.
"Whenever I've looked at records my whole life, the greatest thing about it is the guys you do them with. This is something that's special for the Philadelphia Eagles organization. You have to look at the components -- the O-line blocking, guys running great routes, making huge catches. It's special for all our teammates."
NFL Quarterbacks with seven TD passes in a single NFL game:
|Sid Luckman||Bears||Nov. 14, 1943||Giants||31||21||433||7||1||135.4|
|Adrian Burk||Eagles||Oct. 17, 1954||Washington||27||19||232||7||1||120.7|
|George Blanda||Oilers||Nov. 19, 1961||Titans||32||20||418||7||1||132.8|
|Y.A. Tittle||Giants||Oct. 28, 1962||Washington||39||27||505||7||0||151.4|
|Joe Kapp||Vikings||Sept. 28, 1969||Colts||43||28||449||7||1||129.7|
|Peyton Manning||Broncos||Sept. 5, 2013||Ravens||42||27||462||7||0||141.1|
|Nick Foles||Eagles||Nov. 3, 2013||Raiders||28||22||406||7||0||158.3|
In November, Foles led the Eagles to a 3-0 record and completed 51 of 72 passes (70.8 percent) for 932 yards with 10 touchdowns and no interceptions for a 152.8 passer rating. That mark is the highest by a player in any calendar month in NFL history (minimum 50 attempts).
"Nick is a tremendous quarterback," says Philadelphia center Jason Kelce. "He's extremely focused."
A look at Foles' November:
|Nov. 3||at Oakland||28||22||78.6||406||7||0||158.3|
|Nov. 10||at Green Bay||18||12||66.7||228||3||0||149.3|
- NFL 2014: NFL Season Enters Second Quarter
- What To Look For Week 5
- Peyton Manning Approaches 500th TD Pass
- De Marco Murray Rushing Into The Record Books
- What's Wrong with the Patriots?
- NFL MVP at the Quarter Mark
- How Many Turnovers Are Too Many for a Young QB?
- Will Peyton Manning Solve the Cardinals Secondary?
- Why Philip Rivers Is the MVP Frontrunner
- Are the Cowboys the Best Team in the NFC East?
- NFL Approaches Quarter Mark
- Week 4 What to Look For
- QBs Off to Efficient Start
- Cardinals & Eagles Flying High
- NFL Predictions Turned Bad
- Will New NFL Conduct Policy Exact Real Change?
- Packers Need a Sense of Urgency
- Contenders and Pretenders
- Cardinals Rise, 49ers Demise
- Key Matchups On Tap For Week 3
- What To Look For Week 3
- Special Teams Game-Changers
- NFL Comeback Wins
- Goodell Digs Himself Deeper
- Did Roger Goodell's Press Conference Do Enough?
- Week 3 Under the Radar Games
- The 0-2 Panic Meter
- Top 5 QBs for Week 3
- Adrian Peterson Reinstated by Vikings
- Death Of The NFL?
- Is This the End for RGIII?
- RGIII's Future in Cousins' Hands
- Best & Worst from NFL Week 2
- Richard Sherman Not a 'Shutdown Corner'
- NFL 2014: Week 2 Preview
- NFL 2014: Week 2 What to Look For
- NFL 2014: 'Must Win' Games for Week 2
- NFL 2014: Chiefs vs Broncos Preview
- NFL 2014: NFL Calls on Ex-FBI Chief to Probe Ray Rice Matter
- NFL 2014: Pressure Building for Roger Goodell's Resignation
- NFL 2014: Week 2 Fantasy Football Picks
- NFL 2014 Week 1: Andrew Luck vs Peyton Manning
- NFL 2014 Week 1: Back To Football
- Quarterbacks Take Center Stage
- Is Derek Carr the Answer in Oakland?
- Fantasy Football Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 1
- Emmitt Smith on the Running Back's Changing Role
- Seahawks & Packers Kick Off NFL 2014 Season
- NFL 2014: Who Will Win Super Bowl XLIX
- NFL 2014: NFC East Division Preview
- NFL 2014: NFC North Division Preview
- NFL 2014: NFC South Division Preview
- NFL 2014: NFC West Division Preview
- NFL 2014: AFC East Division Preview
- NFL 2014: AFC South Division Preview
- NFL 2014: AFC North Division Preview
- NFL 2014: AFC West Division Preview
- NFL 2014: Seattle Seahawks - Super Follow-Ups
- Best NFL Records, Past 10 Years
- NFL Division Titles Up for Grabs
- NFL Teams From Worst to First
- NFL 2014: Patriots Look to Continue Winning Tradition
- NFL Scoring Reached Record Highs in 2013
- NFL 2014: Quarterback Success
- NFL 2014: Running the Ball
- NFL 2014: Relying on the Spread Offense
- NFL 2014: Running Backs: Good Things Come in Pairs
- NFL 2014: Tight Ends on the Rise
- NFL 2014: Third-Down Conversions
- NFL 2014: Fourth and One
- NFL 2014: Denver's Mile High Offense
- NFL 2014: Turnovers Key To Victory
- NFL 2014: Interception Return Touchdowns
- NFL 2014: What To Look For in 2014
- NFL 2014: Russell Wilson: In Russ We Trust
- NFL 2014: Peyton Manning
- NFL 2014: Tom Brady - NFL's Tom Terrific
- NFL 2014: Drew Brees
- NFL 2014: Nick Foles
- NFL 2014: Andrew Luck: Beginner's Luck
- NFL 2014: Young Quarterbacks on the Rise
- NFL 2014: Calvin Johnson: Megatron Makes History
- NFL 2014: Adrian Peterson Rushing Into The Record Books
- NFL 2014: Cordarrelle Patterson is Mr. Versatility
- NFL 2014: NFL Rookies Excelled in 2013
- NFL 2014: Double Trouble Running Backs
- NFL 2014: Receivers Making A Splash
- NFL 2014: Big Play Excitement
- NFL 2014: Protecting The Quarterback
- NFL 2014: Top Kick Returners
- NFL 2014: Clutch Performers
- NFL 2014: Yards After The Catch
- NFL 2014: On Target Receivers
- NFL 2014: Active Statistical Leaders Heading into 2014
- Arizona to Host Pro Bowl & Super Bowl
- 2014 NFL Strength of Schedule
- 2014 NFL Teams Total Miles Traveled
- Same Faces, New Places
- Overtime Excitement
- 1989: Art Shell Named NFL's First Black Head Coach
- Lovie Smith and Bucs to Surprise in 2014
- CBS Announcers Can Choose to Stop Saying 'Redskins'
- Top 5 NFL Teams Before Training Camp
- Expectations for Teddy Bridgewater
- New York Giants Institute Fine on Overweight Players
- NFL Kickers Bulk Up for Boot Camp
- Does Patent Ruling Mean An End To The Redskins Name?
- 77 Years of Redskins Branding
- Does Los Angeles Deserve a NFL Team?
- Now It's Your Turn, Redskins Owner
- 2014 NFL Draft: Boomer: 'Coach J.J. Watt Will Get Clowney Into Shape'
- 2014 NFL Draft: Winners and Losers from the First Round
- 2014 NFL Draft: Quarterbacks Rule in Round 1
- 2014 NFL Draft: Bortles Surprised and Ecstatic to Go to Jags
- 2014 NFL Draft: Manziel Will Be the Star Cleveland Needs
- 2014 NFL Draft: No. 1 - Houston Texans Select DE Jadeveon Clowney
Article: Copyright ©
NFL 2014 - Nick Foles