- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
By Dean Michaels
Now that the National Basketball Association has banned
Sterling is getting punished for insults that he uttered in private.
Old protests over the team's name emerged again a year ago when 10 members of the
Snyder memorably rebuffed mounting pressure with a resounding declaration that he would "NEVER," all caps, change the team's name.
But now that Sterling has made himself so embarrassing that even his fellow team owners are hard pressed to defend him, Senate Majority Leader
Reid, a Nevada Democrat who says his state has 22 tribes, argued in a
"How long will the
Good question. It's not like a name change can't be done, as
Aside from scattered objections from some critics who complained that the name reminded them of Ku Klux Klan (you can't please everybody), the
Emotions do run high over such issues. It took some 25 years of arguments before
That's the question at heart in the new name dispute. Who gets respect?
African-Americans and our allies can celebrate the swift, strong and decisive response by the
The same would be true in the
Yet that, in effect, is the signal that the
Still, I am optimistic that "Redskins" and similar vulgarities are on their way out. It is only a matter of how long public attitudes and generational viewpoints change to where even Snyder's players, fans or fellow
- Lovie Smith and Bucs to Surprise in 2014
- CBS Announcers Can Choose to Stop Saying 'Redskins'
- Top 5 NFL Teams Before Training Camp
- Expectations for Teddy Bridgewater
- New York Giants Institute Fine on Overweight Players
- NFL Kickers Bulk Up for Boot Camp
- Does Patent Ruling Mean An End To The Redskins Name?
- 77 Years of Redskins Branding
- All the Details About Colin Kaepernick's Monster $126 Million Extension
- Dan Marino Sues, Then Exits, NFL Concussion Suit
- Can 49ers Actually Afford Colin Kaepernick?
- Dallas Cowboys Target Brian Urlacher
- Does Los Angeles Deserve a NFL Team?
- Tebow Training For NFL
- Super Bowl Ring Evolution
- Now It's Your Turn, Redskins Owner
- 2014 NFL Draft: Boomer: 'Coach J.J. Watt Will Get Clowney Into Shape'
- 2014 NFL Draft: Winners and Losers from the First Round
- 2014 NFL Draft: Quarterbacks Rule in Round 1
- 2014 NFL Draft: Bortles Surprised and Ecstatic to Go to Jags
- 2014 NFL Draft: Manziel Will Be the Star Cleveland Needs
- 2014 NFL Draft: No. 1 - Houston Texans Select DE Jadeveon Clowney
- 2014 NFL Draft: No. 2 - St. Louis Rams Select OT Greg Robinson
- 2014 NFL Draft: No. 3 - Jacksonville Jaguars Select QB Blake Bortles
- 2014 NFL Draft: No. 4 - Buffalo Bills Select WR Sammy Watkins
- 2014 NFL Draft: No. 5 - Oakland Raiders Select LB Khalil Mack
- 2014 NFL Draft: No. 6 - Atlanta Falcons Select OT Jake Matthews
- 2014 NFL Draft: No. 7 - Buccaneers Select WR Mike Evans
- 2014 NFL Draft: No. 8 - Cleveland Browns Select CB Justin Gilbert
- 2014 NFL Draft: No. 9 - Minnesota Vikings Select LB Anthony Barr
- 2014 NFL Draft: No. 10 - Detroit Lions Select TE Eric Ebron
- 2014 NFL Draft: Does Johnny Manziel Solve The Browns' QB Questions?
- NFL 2014 Draft Round-by-Round Recap
- NFL 2014 Draft Team-by-Team Recap
- 2014 NFL Draft Notes
- From Manhattan to Washington, Indians Get Snookered
- Eagles Owe DeSean Jackson, Fans an Explanation
- Daniel Snyder Missing the Point in Redskins Name Debate?
- Redskins Sign ex-Eagles Wideout DeSean Jackson
- Donald Trump: 'I was approached by group interested in Bills'
- Mark Sanchez Eager to Start for Eagles
- Eagles Release DeSean Jackson
- Bears Sign ex-Vikings Defensive End Jared Allen
- Longtime Bills Owner Ralph Wilson Dead at 95
- Mavs Owner Mark Cuban Continues Rant Against NFL
- Michael Vick Hopeful of Landing Starting Role with Jets
- Raiders to Trade Late-Round Pick for QB Matt Schaub
- Devin Hester Joins Falcons on 3-year Deal
- Jerricho Cotchery Chooses Panthers over Steelers
- Bo Jackson to Russell Wilson: 'Stick to Football'
- Michael Vick to Meet with Jets
- Giants Bring Back Mario Manningham
- Ex-Browns QB Brandon Weeden signs with Cowboys
- Broncos Sign Emmanuel Sanders to Three-Year Pact
- Packers Sign Julius Peppers to Three-Year Deal
- Hall Says Tirade with Sherman Won't End in Brawl
- Jonathan Martin Hopes for New Start with 49ers
- NFL Should Allow Use of Medical Marijuana
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Nielsen Reports Record 111.5 Million TV Viewers
- Super Bowl XLVIII: The Seahawks and The Fairy Tale
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Carroll Says Seahawks Won't Suffer Fall Off
- Super Bowl XLVIII: 700,000 Fans Ignore Cold, Hail Seahawks Champs
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Baldwin Offers Post-Game Rant for ESPN Critic
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Seahawks Saw the Beatdown Coming
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Seahawks Might be New Yankees
- Super Bowl XLVIII: Seahawks Crush Broncos for First Super Bowl Title
- Seahawks Win Super Bowl XLVIII
- Walter Jones Leads 2014 Hall of Fame Class
Article: Copyright ©
NFL Football - Now It's Your Turn, Washington Redskins Owner