- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
Giants Bring Back Mario Manningham
by Fitzgerald Cecilio
The New York Giants have brought back veteran wide receiver Mario Manningham, signing him to a one-year contract.
The 27-year-old Manningham struggled through an injury-plagued 2013 season with the San Francisco 49ers, making just nine receptions for 85 yards in six games.
Before his two-year stint in San Francisco, Manningham played his first four NFL seasons with the Giants and was a key part in the team's championship run following the 2011 season.
Manningham caught touchdown passes in each of the Giants' three NFC playoff victories and making a key fourth-quarter reception along the sideline in the Super Bowl against the New England Patriots.
Manningham has 211 catches for 2,849 yards and 19 touchdowns in six seasons with the Niners and Giants.
Aside from Manningham, the Giants added defensive backs Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Walter Thurmond and Quintin Demps, running back Rashad Jennings, offensive lineman Geoff Schwartz and kick returner Trindon Holliday in free agency.
- Eagles Owe DeSean Jackson, Fans an Explanation
- From Manhattan to Washington, Indians Get Snookered
- Daniel Snyder Missing the Point in Redskins Name Debate?
- Redskins Sign ex-Eagles Wideout DeSean Jackson
- Donald Trump: 'I was approached by group interested in Bills'
- Eagles Release DeSean Jackson
- Bo Jackson to Russell Wilson: 'Stick to Football'
- NFL Should Allow Use of Medical Marijuana
- Seahawks Win Super Bowl XLVIII
- Walter Jones Leads 2014 Hall of Fame Class
Article: Copyright © - All Rights Reserved