- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
by NFL Reporter Dean Michaels
Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel has decided to forego his final two seasons of eligibility and join the 2014 NFL Draft, according to sources.
Manziel, the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner, has already filed the official paperwork declaring himself eligible for the draft Wednesday.
Widely expected as a first-round draft selection, Manziel is coming off his second productive season as the Aggies' starting play-caller.
[ Check Out: LeBron James Enjoys Mentoring Johnny Manziel ]
Manziel threw for 7,820 yards and 63 touchdowns while rushing for 2,169 yards and 30 more scores over his two-year career at Texas A&M.
He became the first freshman in college football history to win the Heisman Trophy in 2012, when he set the SEC single-season total offense record by accounting for 5,116 yards.
Manziel also set Texas A&M's single-season record for passing yards (4,114) this season and finished 11 yards shy of becoming college football's first sophomore to account for 10,000 career yards.
According to sources, Manziel has picked Select Sports Group out of Houston to be his contract agency and LRMR, the firm run by LeBron James' business partner Maverick Carter, to do his marketing.
However, it was unclear if Manziel has officially signed with either firm. Once he does sign with an agency, he forfeits his remaining NCAA eligibility.
Manziel is projected to go fourth overall in several mock drafts.
Johnny Manziel declares for NFL Draft
Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel has officially declared himself eligible for the 2014 NFL Draft. In 2012, Manziel was the first freshman to ever win the Heisman Trophy in 2012
- Seahawks vs 49ers: And The Edge Goes To ...
- Seahawks vs 49ers: The First Two Meetings
- NFC Championship: Seahawks WRs unworthy? Tate Says Wait
- Midseason Meet Prepared Seahawks for Gore
- Thomas: Seahawks 'Can Bully Whoever We Want'
- NFL Championship Weekend: What To Look For
- Four Teams Remain as NFL Enters Championship Weekend
- Broncos Hold off Chargers in 4th, Advance to AFC Championship
- Colin Kaepernick Shines as 49ers Beat Panthers to Advance to NFC Championship
- Legarrette Blount Runs Rampant Past Colts as Patriots Advance to AFC Title Game
- Marshawn Lynch Leads Seahawks Past Saints to NFC Title Game
- NFL Final Eight Take Center Stage in Divisional Playoffs
- Top‐Seeded Seahawks Host Saints in NFC Divisional Round
- Patriots Host Colts in AFC Divisional Round Matchup
- Panthers Host 49ers in NFC Divisional Round Matchup
- Broncos Host Chargers in AFC Divisional Round Matchup
- NFL 2013 Divisional Weekend: What to Look For
- NFL 2013 Divisional Playoffs: Injury Report
- Florida State Wideout Kelvin Benjamin Declares for NFL 2014 Draft
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2014 Finalists Announced
- Johnny Manziel Joins 2014 NFL Draft
- Late Field Goal Lifts 49ers Over Packers
- Chargers Shock Bengals 27-10
- Mark Ingram Fuels Saints Offense past Eagles
- Colts Post Comeback Win Over Wounded Chiefs
- Titans Fire Head Coach Mike Munchak After Disappointing Finish
- Brandon Jacobs Announces Retirement
- NFL 2013 Wild Card Weekend Preview
- NFL Playoff Best Performances and Playoff Records
- NFL 2013 Review: Record-Breaking Season Had It All!
- Giants Offensive Coordinator Kevin Gilbride to Retire
- Bucs Hire Lovie Smith as Head Coach
- South Carolina Defensive End Jadeveon Clowney Enters NFL Draft
- Bears Sign Quarterback Jay Cutler to Seven-Year Deal
- NFL 2013 Regular Season Team Records and Milestones
- NFL 2013 Regular Season Individual Records and Milestones
Article: Copyright ©, iHaveNet.com
Quarterback Johnny Manziel Joins 2014 NFL Draft - NFL Football