- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Recipes
With watermelon balancing out the jalapeno, it’s an ideal balance of spicy and sweet with just the right amount of kick.
Building out a full menu to please your brunch guests with simple, tasty recipes can help create a fun, flavorful atmosphere when it’s time for a morning bite.
By making a variety of dishes to accommodate an array of personal tastes, you can give friends and family the flavors they desire. With choices like Apple Strudel Pancakes and Mini Hash Brown Casseroles, you can fulfill a multitude of food groups from grains and fruits to dairy and meat. Allow the adults at your gathering to top off the meal with a spicy take on a Watermelon Bloody Mary, featuring simple preparation and a handful of garnish options.
A full brunch menu calls for small bites on the side to complement the multitude of flavors brought on by a variety of brunch dishes.
For a clever option that’s quick to make, With watermelon balancing out the jalapeno, it’s an ideal balance of spicy and sweet with just the right amount of kick. Made with refrigerated Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, which are pre-shredded for a faster fridge to fork kitchen experience, you can make a batch of the tasty cups in less than an hour.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 cocktails
Watermelon Bloody Mary Recipe Ingredients
2 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
1 medium jalapeno pepper, stem removed, chopped
2 limes, juice only
6 ounces low-sodium tomato juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon horseradish
hot sauce, to taste
1/3 cup vodka
chili lime salt
4 bamboo skewers (6 inches long)
watermelon wedges (optional)
cucumber slices (optional)
jalapeno slices (optional)
green olives (optional)
Watermelon Bloody Mary Recipe Instructions
- In blender, blend watermelon cubes and jalapeno pepper until completely smooth. Pour mixture through fine sieve set over pitcher.
- Add lime juice, salt, pepper, fish sauce, horseradish and hot sauce, to taste, to pitcher; stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Add vodka and stir.
- Line rims of four glasses with lime juice from lime wedges; dip in chili lime salt poured on plate. Carefully put ice in each glass and divide Watermelon Bloody Mary mixture evenly.
- Add garnishes, as desired, by skewering watermelon wedges, prosciutto, cucumber, jalapeno and green olives. Place garnishes in glasses and serve.
Explore More Recipes
- Tacos with Slow-Cooked Shredded Chicken
- Spicy Yet Savory Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Fuss-Free Burrito Bake Casserole
- Turkey-Potato Dinner Tortilla Wrap
- Cinco De Mayo Fiesta - Sweet Meets Spicy Recipes
- Watermelon Margaritas
- Grilled Asparagus Wrapped with Bacon
- Family-Friendly Veggie Smoked Sausage Stir-Fry
- Ricotta Puff Pastries with Strawberry Compote
- Jalapeño Popper Cups
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Spiced Pecan Grilled Peach Salad with Goat Cheese
- Pecan-Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps
- Ruby Beet Chicken Salad Skewers
- Middle Eastern-Inspired Bean Salad
- Roasted Mushroom & Wheat Berry Salad
- Sauteed Mushroom & Sun-Dried Tomato Avocado Toast
- Three Mushroom & Garlic Grilled Pizza
- Apple Strudel Pancakes
- Mini Hash Brown Casseroles
- Watermelon Bloody Mary Cocktail
- Grilled Buttermilk Chicken
- Grilled Steak Salad with Chive Yogurt Dressing
- Grilled Pizza with Arugula Pesto, Corn & Ham
- Sammy's Cubano Sandwich
Watermelon Bloody Mary Recipe, Bloody Mary, Brunch Cocktails & Libations
Article: Copyright © iHaveNet.com
Watermelon Bloody Mary - Sipping on Sweet and Spicy Cocktails
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable