- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Recipes
It's simple to incorporate mushrooms into recipes such as this Roasted Mushroom and Wheat Berry Salad.
The needs of grocery shoppers are seemingly always evolving, and now more than ever, they want to know where and how their food is produced and what impact it has on the environment. This is commonly referred to as “sustainable eating,” and its popularity is growing among shoppers.
Plant-based diets are a tenet of sustainable eating and mushrooms are often included as part of the movement. Known for their inherent umami flavor and nutrition properties, mushrooms are recognized for their unique growing process and need for minimal natural resources used during production, which makes mushrooms both healthy on the plate and gentle on the planet.
In addition, mushrooms are a versatile ingredient, and with so many fresh varieties to choose from, it’s simple to incorporate them into most meals. Quick sides such as this Roasted Mushroom and Wheat Berry Salad recipe can be an easy addition to dinner plates.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
Roasted Mushroom & Wheat Berry Salad Recipe Ingredients
8 ounces white button mushrooms, halved
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups cooked wheat berries, warm
2 green onions, sliced
2 tablespoons dried cranberries, chopped
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Roasted Mushroom & Wheat Berry Salad Recipe Instructions
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Place mushrooms on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Bake 10 minutes.
- Carefully stir mushrooms and bake 5 minutes until tender. Transfer mushrooms to medium bowl. Add wheat berries, green onions and cranberries.
- To make dressing: In small bowl, whisk olive oil, orange juice, curry powder and salt; pour over salad. Toss to mix. Serve warm.
Explore More Recipes
- Tacos with Slow-Cooked Shredded Chicken
- Spicy Yet Savory Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Fuss-Free Burrito Bake Casserole
- Turkey-Potato Dinner Tortilla Wrap
- Cinco De Mayo Fiesta - Sweet Meets Spicy Recipes
- Watermelon Margaritas
- Grilled Asparagus Wrapped with Bacon
- Family-Friendly Veggie Smoked Sausage Stir-Fry
- Ricotta Puff Pastries with Strawberry Compote
- Jalapeño Popper Cups
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Spiced Pecan Grilled Peach Salad with Goat Cheese
- Pecan-Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps
- Ruby Beet Chicken Salad Skewers
- Middle Eastern-Inspired Bean Salad
- Roasted Mushroom & Wheat Berry Salad
- Sauteed Mushroom & Sun-Dried Tomato Avocado Toast
- Three Mushroom & Garlic Grilled Pizza
- Apple Strudel Pancakes
- Mini Hash Brown Casseroles
- Watermelon Bloody Mary Cocktail
- Grilled Buttermilk Chicken
- Grilled Steak Salad with Chive Yogurt Dressing
- Grilled Pizza with Arugula Pesto, Corn & Ham
- Sammy's Cubano Sandwich
Roasted Mushroom and Wheat Berry Salad, Roasted Mushrooms, - Sustainable Eating Made Easy
Source: Mushroom Council
Article: Copyright © iHaveNet.com
Roasted Mushroom and Wheat Berry Salad - Sustainable Eating Made Easy
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable