- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Recipes
Enjoy the long summer nights with this Pecan-Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps recipe.
Summer means it’s time to stock up on fresh produce and light the grill for a season of outdoor gatherings with friends and family. Make entertaining easier with flavorful options that can make menu-planning a breeze all summer long.
A nutritious and versatile ingredient, American Pecans can be your secret weapon for a variety of entertaining occasions. Add one bag of pecans to your shopping list and transform standby recipes into wholesome and delicious meals and snacks for the whole crowd.
Enjoy the long summer nights on the back porch with this Pecan-Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps, a light and delicious appetizer or easy entree to keep guests satisfied.
Pecan-Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
Pecan-Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey thigh
1/3 cup chopped green onions (about 2 stalks)
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 cup fresh pecans
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 head butter lettuce leaves
1/2 cup matchstick carrots
chopped scallions (optional)
cilantro leaves (optional)
Pecan-Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps Recipe Instructions
Heat oven to 375° F.
To make the turkey meatballs:
Using hands, combine ground turkey, green onions, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, garlic and powdered ginger.
In food processor, pulse pecans until coarsely ground to similar consistency as panko bread crumbs.
Scoop 1 tablespoon meat mixture at a time and roll into meatballs. Roll meatballs in ground pecans until evenly coated.
Place pecan-crusted meatballs on parchment-lined baking sheet; bake approximately 20 minutes. Flip after 15 minutes.
To make the sauce:
In small saucepan over medium heat, combine soy sauce, cornstarch, fish sauce and sesame oil. Stir until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Sprinkle lettuce cups with shredded carrots. Place meatballs on top and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with scallions and cilantro, if desired.
Explore More Recipes
- Tacos with Slow-Cooked Shredded Chicken
- Spicy Yet Savory Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Fuss-Free Burrito Bake Casserole
- Turkey-Potato Dinner Tortilla Wrap
- Cinco De Mayo Fiesta - Sweet Meets Spicy Recipes
- Watermelon Margaritas
- Grilled Asparagus Wrapped with Bacon
- Family-Friendly Veggie Smoked Sausage Stir-Fry
- Ricotta Puff Pastries with Strawberry Compote
- Jalapeño Popper Cups
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Spiced Pecan Grilled Peach Salad with Goat Cheese
- Pecan-Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps
- Ruby Beet Chicken Salad Skewers
- Middle Eastern-Inspired Bean Salad
- Roasted Mushroom & Wheat Berry Salad
- Sauteed Mushroom & Sun-Dried Tomato Avocado Toast
- Three Mushroom & Garlic Grilled Pizza
- Apple Strudel Pancakes
- Mini Hash Brown Casseroles
- Watermelon Bloody Mary Cocktail
- Grilled Buttermilk Chicken
- Grilled Steak Salad with Chive Yogurt Dressing
- Grilled Pizza with Arugula Pesto, Corn & Ham
- Sammy's Cubano Sandwich
Pecan-Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps, Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps, Asian
Source: American Pecan Council
Article: Copyright © iHaveNet.com
Pecan-Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps - Effortless Summertime Recipe
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable