- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Recipes
Warmer weather allows families and friends to enjoy the flavors of homemade meals in the great outdoors. These Ruby Beet Chicken Salad Skewers can be ready in less than an hour.
Picnics, patio dining and al fresco foods all come to mind when warmer weather allows families and friends to enjoy the flavors of homemade meals in the great outdoors. As you seek out recipes for outdoor entertaining and more, try keeping the options light and simple with dishes that can be created at a moment's notice.
This Ruby Beet Chicken Salad Skewers recipe -- uniquely flavored with Aunt Nellie's Baby Whole Pickled Beets -- can be ready in less than an hour for those last-minute get-togethers.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 Servings
Ruby Beet Chicken Salad Skewers Recipe Ingredients
1 jar (16 ounces) Aunt Nellie's Baby Whole Pickled Beets
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus additional, to taste, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, plus additional, to taste, divided
4 1/2 tablespoons stone ground mustard, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons, plus 1/3 cup, orange marmalade, divided
2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
1 large lemon, zest and juice (1/3 cup juice)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 bag (9 ounces) leafy romaine lettuce pieces
1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
1/3 cup crumbled blue, feta or goat cheese
Ruby Beet Chicken Salad Skewers Recipe Instructions
- Heat oven to 375 F. Drain beets; set aside.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. In small bowl, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard and 1 1/2 tablespoons marmalade. Brush mixture over chicken until completely coated. Bake chicken on rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil about 20-25 minutes, or until juices run clear; set aside.
- To make vinaigrette: In medium bowl, combine remaining mustard, remaining marmalade, chives, lemon zest and juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Slowly pour in oil while whisking vigorously until completely combined.
- Slice cooled chicken into 1-inch pieces. Onto each skewer, thread one beet, one piece of chicken and 4-5 pieces of lettuce; repeat two times for each skewer, adding one beet at ends. Repeat to make eight skewers. Place skewers on large serving platter.
- Stir vinaigrette; drizzle lightly over skewers. Sprinkle with almonds and cheese. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
Explore More Recipes
- Tacos with Slow-Cooked Shredded Chicken
- Spicy Yet Savory Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Fuss-Free Burrito Bake Casserole
- Turkey-Potato Dinner Tortilla Wrap
- Cinco De Mayo Fiesta - Sweet Meets Spicy Recipes
- Watermelon Margaritas
- Grilled Asparagus Wrapped with Bacon
- Family-Friendly Veggie Smoked Sausage Stir-Fry
- Ricotta Puff Pastries with Strawberry Compote
- Jalapeño Popper Cups
- Pepperoni Pizza Sliders
- Spiced Pecan Grilled Peach Salad with Goat Cheese
- Pecan-Crusted Asian Turkey Meatball Lettuce Wraps
- Ruby Beet Chicken Salad Skewers
- Middle Eastern-Inspired Bean Salad
- Roasted Mushroom & Wheat Berry Salad
- Sauteed Mushroom & Sun-Dried Tomato Avocado Toast
- Three Mushroom & Garlic Grilled Pizza
- Apple Strudel Pancakes
- Mini Hash Brown Casseroles
- Watermelon Bloody Mary Cocktail
- Grilled Buttermilk Chicken
- Grilled Steak Salad with Chive Yogurt Dressing
- Grilled Pizza with Arugula Pesto, Corn & Ham
- Sammy's Cubano Sandwich
Ruby Beet Chicken Salad Skewers Recipe, Grilled Chicken Skewers, Picnic-Perfect Recipes for Outdoor Dining
Article: Copyright © iHaveNet.com
Ruby Beet Chicken Salad Skewers - Picnic-Perfect Recipes for Outdoor Dining
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable