- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
With Sunday's 16-10 loss at Tennessee, the Houston Texans secured the worst record (2-14) in the NFL and clinched the No. 1 overall pick in the 2014 Draft, which will be held May 8th thru 10th, 2014
The No. 2 pick goes to the St. Louis Rams via Washington. Washington traded that pick to the Rams as part of the 2012 deal to draft quarterback Robert Griffin III.
The NFL Draft will kick off in primetime for the fifth consecutive year. The first round will be held on Thursday, May 8. The second and third rounds are set for Friday, May 9. Rounds four through seven will be held on Saturday, May 10.
Below is the tentative order of the first round of the 2014 Draft, subject to the results of the playoffs. The draft order is determined by the following procedures:
(A) The winner of the Super Bowl will select last and the other Super Bowl participant next-to-last, regardless of their regular-season record.
(B) The Championship Game participants not advancing to the Super Bowl will select 29th and 30th, according to the reverse order of their standing.
(C) The Divisional Playoff participants not advancing to the Championship Games will select 25th through 28th, according to the reverse order of their standing.
(D) The Wild Card participants not advancing to the Divisional Playoffs will select 21st through 24th, according to the reverse order of their standing.
(E) Non-playoff teams will select first through 20th, according to the reverse order of their standing.
If ties exist in any grouping except (A) above, they will be broken by strength of schedule (i.e., figuring the aggregate won-lost-tied percentage of each involved team's regular-season opponents and awarding preferential selection order to the team which faced the schedule of teams with the lowest aggregate won-lost-tied percentage).
If ties still exist after applying the strength of schedule tiebreaker, the divisional or conference tiebreakers are applied, if applicable. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, ties will be broken by a coin flip.
Though Baltimore and Dallas have the same strength-of-schedule, neither the divisional nor the conference tie-breaker applies; therefore, the tie for the 16th and 17th positions will be determined by a coin flip.
The tie between Carolina and San Francisco was broken by the conference tie-breaker. Since Carolina defeated San Francisco in head-to-head competition, San Francisco is given priority in the Draft order, subject to the results of the playoffs.
teams involved in two-team ties will alternate positions from round-to-round. In ties that involve three or more teams, the team at the top of a tied segment in a given round will move to the bottom of the segment for the next round, while all other teams in the segment move up one position. This rotation continues throughout the draft.
2014 NFL Draft: First Round Draft Order
(Does not include trades)
|Source: NFL *Subject to Playoffs #Subject to Coin Flip|
NFL Football News & Analysis
NFL Football News & Analysis [...]
- Brandon Boykin Saves Day as Eagles Clinch NFC East
- Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb Connect as Packers Beat Bears
- NFL 2013 Week 17: The Week That Was
- Bucs Dismiss Schiano and GM Mark Dominik
- Browns Fire Head Coach Rob Chudzinski After One Season
- Jets Retain Rex Ryan as Head Coach
- NFL 2013 Wild Card and Divisional Playoff Schedule
- Houston Texans Hold First Pick in 2014 NFL Draft
- NFL 2014 Regular Season Opponents Determined
- Deion Sanders to Shun Brady and Manning for Pro Bowl
- All on the Line in Final Weekend of Regular Season
- NFL 2013 Week 17: What To Look For
- Aaron Rodgers to Play for Packers in Bears Showdown
- Romo Undergoes Back Surgery, Out for Season
- Cowboys Coaches in Danger of Losing Jobs
- 2013 NFL Week 17: Playoff Scenarios
- Eagles Coach Chip Kelly Denies Texas Job Link
- NFL Executive Roots for Snow during Super Bowl XLVIII
- Players Think Rex Ryan Should Stay as Jets Coach
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo Still 'Fighting Through Injury'
- NFL 2013 Week 16: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 16: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 16: The Week That Was
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
Article: Copyright ©, iHaveNet.com
Houston Texans Hold First Pick in 2014 NFL Draft