- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
New York, NY
Deion Sanders, alumni captain for Team Sanders in the Pro Bowl, said he will not pick Tom Brady, who has nine Pro Bowls, and Peyton Manning, who has 13, for his team.
He would rather select players who have less than five pro bowls because of their hunger for winning.
Meanwhile, his counterpart from Team Rice, Jerry Rice, said he wants to pick Cam Newton and Russell Wilson and other young blood who will also play hungry.
The NFL legends have final say over draft decisions and each will be assisted by two active player captains and one NFL.com fantasy football champion in the draft process.
They will pick from the recently announced unconferenced rosters, where players for the first time will be selected without regard to conference in voting by fans, coaches and players.
The first-ever Pro Bowl Draft will be held Jan. 21 and 22 in Kapolei, Hawaii on the grounds of Lanikuhonua.
On Tuesday, Jan. 21, 22 players (11 per team) will be drafted from certain position groups -- guards, centers, fullbacks, interior defensive linemen, punters and special teamers. The remaining players will be drafted Wednesday during NFL Network's live broadcast on Jan. 22, 2014.
The four active player captains will be comprised of the top two leading vote-getters on offense and defense from the teams that do not advance to the Conference Championship round of the postseason.
All 88 Pro Bowl players are expected to be in attendance for the live show.
The 2014 Pro Bowl will be played at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii and televised live on Sunday, Jan. 26, on NBC at 7:00 p.m. ET.
- Brandon Boykin Saves Day as Eagles Clinch NFC East
- Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb Connect as Packers Beat Bears
- NFL 2013 Week 17: The Week That Was
- Bucs Dismiss Schiano and GM Mark Dominik
- Browns Fire Head Coach Rob Chudzinski After One Season
- Jets Retain Rex Ryan as Head Coach
- NFL 2013 Wild Card and Divisional Playoff Schedule
- Houston Texans Hold First Pick in 2014 NFL Draft
- NFL 2014 Regular Season Opponents Determined
- Deion Sanders to Shun Brady and Manning for Pro Bowl
- All on the Line in Final Weekend of Regular Season
- NFL 2013 Week 17: What To Look For
- Aaron Rodgers to Play for Packers in Bears Showdown
- Romo Undergoes Back Surgery, Out for Season
- Cowboys Coaches in Danger of Losing Jobs
- 2013 NFL Week 17: Playoff Scenarios
- Eagles Coach Chip Kelly Denies Texas Job Link
- NFL Executive Roots for Snow during Super Bowl XLVIII
- Players Think Rex Ryan Should Stay as Jets Coach
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo Still 'Fighting Through Injury'
- NFL 2013 Week 16: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 16: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 16: The Week That Was
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
Copyright © All Rights Reserved
Deion Sanders to Shun Brady and Manning for Pro Bowl