- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
By Dean Michaels, NFL Writer
Despite missing the playoffs for the third straight year, New York Jets coach Rex Ryan still enjoys the support of his players.
While Ryan's future with the team boils down to general manager John Idzik's decision, the locker room said he should stay as coach of the Jets.
"I'm 100 percent confident that if the GM and the owner allowed player feedback, then there'd be a lot of guys that would go to bat for him, and speak on his behalf," receiver David Nelson recently told the New York Post.
Rookie defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson echoed Nelson's sentiments, saying "we don't feel like Rex is leaving. We don't feel like he's going anywhere no time soon."
Earlier, Ryan expressed confidence that he will remain coach of the Jets, despite their record.
"I know I'm a good football coach," Ryan said Monday. "I believe in this team, I believe in this organization. I'm determined to bring a winner to this team, there's no question about it."
"I know and I believe I'm the right guy for it. Again, I'm not the guy making that decision. If I was, it'd be easy," he added.
In case the Jets part ways with Ryan, he will not be in the unemployment line for long because he's one of the league's top defensive minds.
NFL Football News & Analysis
NFL Football News & Analysis [...]
- All on the Line in Final Weekend of Regular Season
- NFL 2013 Week 17: What To Look For
- Aaron Rodgers to Play for Packers in Bears Showdown
- Romo Undergoes Back Surgery, Out for Season
- Cowboys Coaches in Danger of Losing Jobs
- 2013 NFL Week 17: Playoff Scenarios
- Eagles Coach Chip Kelly Denies Texas Job Link
- NFL Executive Roots for Snow during Super Bowl XLVIII
- Players Think Rex Ryan Should Stay as Jets Coach
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo Still 'Fighting Through Injury'
- NFL 2013 Week 16: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 16: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 16: The Week That Was
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- Panthers and Saints Face Off in NFC South Matchup
- Chiefs Return Home to Face Indianapolis Colts
- Playoff Implications Abound as Ravens Host Patriots
- Seahawks Host Division Rival Cardinals
- Eagles Host Bears with Division Leads on the Line
- AFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go
- NFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go
- NFL 2013 Week 16: What To Look For
- NFL 2013 Week 15: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 15: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 15: The Week That Was
Copyright © All Rights Reserved
Players Think Rex Ryan Should Stay as Jets Head Coach - New York Jets Football