- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
Coach Jason Garrett and his coaching staff may be on the way out if the Dallas Cowboys fail to win the NFC East and reach the playoffs.
ESPN's Ed Werder noted that although owner Jerry Jones doesn't want to fire Garrett, he may be forced to if their playoff woes continue.
Garrett, a former Cowboys backup quarterback, has a 28-26 record through three and a half years and has never made the playoffs.
The Cowboys kept their playoff hopes alive Sunday by rallying to beat the Washington Redskins 24-23 to improve to 8-7.
Tony Romo hit DeMarco Murray with a 10-yard touchdown pass with 1:08 remaining for the win.
Earlier, Romo threw a bad interception as an eight-point lead became a nine-point deficit.
Garrett had singled out Romo for wrongly changing a run call into a pass before last week's game-turning interception against the Green Bay Packers, creating tension between the two.
The Cowboys lost despite leading 26-3 at halftime.
Romo has generally been criticized for failing to play the role of clutch quarterback when it counts.
The Cowboys only ticket to the playoffs is by beating the Eagles in a winner-take-all season finale in Week 17, as a wild-card berth is not an option.
The Cowboys defeated the Eagles 17-3 in their previous match up on Oct. 20.
But the Cowboys have lost winner-take-all games to end the past two seasons -- against the New York Giants in 2011 and Redskins in 2012.
- All on the Line in Final Weekend of Regular Season
- NFL 2013 Week 17: What To Look For
- Aaron Rodgers to Play for Packers in Bears Showdown
- Romo Undergoes Back Surgery, Out for Season
- Cowboys Coaches in Danger of Losing Jobs
- 2013 NFL Week 17: Playoff Scenarios
- Eagles Coach Chip Kelly Denies Texas Job Link
- NFL Executive Roots for Snow during Super Bowl XLVIII
- Players Think Rex Ryan Should Stay as Jets Coach
- Cowboys QB Tony Romo Still 'Fighting Through Injury'
- NFL 2013 Week 16: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 16: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 16: The Week That Was
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- Panthers and Saints Face Off in NFC South Matchup
- Chiefs Return Home to Face Indianapolis Colts
- Playoff Implications Abound as Ravens Host Patriots
- Seahawks Host Division Rival Cardinals
- Eagles Host Bears with Division Leads on the Line
- AFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go
- NFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go
- NFL 2013 Week 16: What To Look For
- NFL 2013 Week 15: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 15: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 15: The Week That Was
Copyright © All Rights Reserved
Cowboys Coaches in Danger of Losing Jobs