- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
By Dean Michaels, NFL Writer
Only two weeks left in the 2013 NFL regular season and nine AFC teams are still in contention for the playoffs and a trip to Super Bowl XLVIII.
With every game of vital importance, momentum is essential as teams look to the postseason.
"The teams that have the momentum at the end of the year can be the most dangerous ones to face," says ESPN analyst and former Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi.
The defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens face New England on Sunday at M&T Bank Stadium (CBS, 4:25 PM ET) in a rematch of last season's AFC Championship Game. The Ravens, who defeated Detroit, 18-16 in Week 15, have won four consecutive games, tied for the NFL's longest active winning streak (San Francisco 49ers).
The Baltimore Ravens are currently in control of the AFC's final Wild Card spot and is still in contention for the AFC North division title.
"We are playing our best football right now and we are going to have to continue to improve for what we have in front of us down the stretch," says Ravens head coach John Harbaugh. "The thing I like about our football team is that we are a team of faith. We believe. We will run the race right down to the end."
A breakdown of the AFC division races:
New England (10-4) and Miami (8-6) remain in contention for the AFC East division title.
Cincinnati (9-5) and Baltimore (8-6) remain in contention for the AFC North division title.
Indianapolis (9-5) has clinched the AFC South division title.
Denver (11-3) and Kanas City (11-3) remain in contention for the AFC West division title.
A breakdown of the AFC Wild Card race
Eight teams remain in contention for a Wild Card spot. Denver, Kansas City and Indianapolis have already clinched a playoff berth.
*Denver and Kansas City has already clinched a playoff berth
** Denver, Cincinnati and New England lead their respective divisions
The remaining schedule for the nine AFC teams still in contention for a trip to Super Bowl XLVIII:
|Week 16||at Baltimore||at Buffalo|
|Week 17||Buffalo||New York Jets|
|Week 16||Minnesota||New England||at Green Bay|
|Week 17||Baltimore||at Cincinnati||Cleveland|
|Week 16||at Kansas City|
|Week 16||at Houston||Indianapolis||Oakland|
|Week 17||at Oakland||at San Diego||Kansas City|
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- Panthers and Saints Face Off in NFC South Matchup
- Chiefs Return Home to Face Indianapolis Colts
- Playoff Implications Abound as Ravens Host Patriots
- Seahawks Host Division Rival Cardinals
- Eagles Host Bears with Division Leads on the Line
- AFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go
- NFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go
- NFL 2013 Week 16: What To Look For
- NFL 2013 Week 15: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 15: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 15: The Week That Was
- NFL 2013 Week 15 Preview: 25 Teams Still in Contention
- AFC Playoff Push Intensifies
- NFC Playoff Races Intensify
- NFL 2013 Week 15: What to Look For
- NFL 2013 Week 15: Playoff Scenarios
- NFL 2013 Week 14: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 14: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 14: The Week That Was
- NFL Season Enters Final Quarter
- December Drive
- Push for the Playoffs
- NFL 2013 Week 14: Playoff Scenarios
- NFL 2013 Week 14: What To Look For
- NFC Players of the Month - November
- AFC Players of the Month - November
- NFL Rookies of the Month - November
- NFL 2013 Week 13: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 13: NFC Players of the Week
- Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady
- London Fletcher Reaches Milestone
Article: Copyright ©, iHaveNet.com
NFL 2013 Week 16 - AFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go