- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
After two consecutive road victories, the Kansas City Chiefs return to Arrowhead Stadium to face the Indianapolis Colts.
Last Sunday, the Chiefs clinched a playoff berth with a 56-31 victory over the Oakland Raiders at O.co Coliseum. Head Coach Andy Reid will be participating in the postseason for the 10th time in 15 seasons as a head coach in the NFL. This will mark Kansas City's fi rst trip to the playoffs since 2010. The Chiefs 56 points against Oakland are the most ever allowed by the Raiders in their 54-year history and tied for the second-most points scored by the franchise.
Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles scored five touchdowns against the Raiders on only 16 touches, including four TD receptions and one rushing TD. Charles is the first running back in NFL history with four touchdown catches in one game and no other player in NFL history, regardless of his position, has had four touchdown catches and a TD run in one game. Chiefs QB Alex Smith notched a perfect 158.3 quarterback rating after completing 17 of 20 pass attempts (85.0%) for 287 yards with fi ve touchdowns and no interceptions.
The Chiefs were executing in all phases of football as the club's defense recorded seven takeaways, including fi ve interceptions and two fumble recoveries. S Eric Berry intercepted two passes, returning one 47 yards for a touchdown.
Kansas City and Indianapolis have squared off 22 times in regular and postseason play, with the Colts holding a 14-8 advantage. The Chiefs are 4-6 at Arrowhead Stadium against the Colts.
The Colts are looking to improve their playoff seeding and finish 3-1 against AFC West opponents this season.
Last week, the Colts defeated the Houston Texans, 25-3, earning their first season sweep of the Texans since 2009. Outside linebacker Robert Mathis had a sack-forced fumble in the third quarter of the game that resulted in a safety. With the sack, he set Colts all-time records for career (108.0) and single season (16.5) sacks. Cornerback Darius Butler tied a career-high with two interceptions.
On offense, quarterback Andrew Luck completed touchdown passes to wide receiver Griff Whalen and running back Trent Richardson. Kicker Adam Vinatieri totaled 11 points for the day, hitting 3-of-3 field goals.
The Indianapolis Colts and Kansas City Chiefs have already clinched playoff berths. But both are geared up trying to improve their playoff seeding.
The Kansas City Chiefs appear to have put their funk behind them. After three consecutive losses, the Chiefs have soundly defeated Washington and Oakland by a total of 60 points. The Colts continue to alternate wins and losses.
The Colts are very weak against the run, and haven't held a team below 100 yards over the past few months. A strong Chiefs running game that features Jamaal Charles and the loudest home crowd in the NFL should equate to a relatively easy victory for the Chiefs
Kansas City Chiefs 27, Indianapolis Colts 13
Chiefs Return Home to Face Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts vs Kansas City Chiefs NFL 2013 Week 16 Game Preview
- NFL Teams Prepare For Final Stretch
- Panthers and Saints Face Off in NFC South Matchup
- Chiefs Return Home to Face Indianapolis Colts
- Playoff Implications Abound as Ravens Host Patriots
- Seahawks Host Division Rival Cardinals
- Eagles Host Bears with Division Leads on the Line
- AFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go
- NFC Playoff Picture with Two Weeks To Go
- NFL 2013 Week 16: What To Look For
- NFL 2013 Week 15: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 15: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 15: The Week That Was
- NFL 2013 Week 15 Preview: 25 Teams Still in Contention
- AFC Playoff Push Intensifies
- NFC Playoff Races Intensify
- NFL 2013 Week 15: Chiefs Return Home to Face Indianapolis Colts
- NFL 2013 Week 15: Playoff Scenarios
- NFL 2013 Week 14: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 14: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 14: The Week That Was
- NFL Season Enters Final Quarter
- December Drive
- Push for the Playoffs
- NFL 2013 Week 14: Playoff Scenarios
- NFL 2013 Week 14: Chiefs Return Home to Face Indianapolis Colts
- NFC Players of the Month - November
- AFC Players of the Month - November
- NFL Rookies of the Month - November
- NFL 2013 Week 13: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 13: NFC Players of the Week
- Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady
- London Fletcher Reaches Milestone
Article: Copyright ©, iHaveNet.com
NFL 2013 Week 16: Chiefs Return Home to Face Indianapolis Colts