- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
by NFL Reporter Dean Michaels
Four weeks remain in the NFL regular season and wins are increasingly tough to come by, with every game of vital importance in the race to the playoffs.
"The team that gets hot right about now is a team that gets a chance," says Baltimore running back RAY RICE on the AFC's playoff race.
New England Patriots quarterback TOM BRADY understands what's required down the stretch. Brady is 40-8 (.833) all-time in the final four games of the regular season, the highest winning percentage among quarterbacks since 1970 (minimum 20 starts).
"Right now is when we say football season starts," says Brady. "The mental toughness, the discipline, the attitude, the work ethic, this is when it starts to show up. Those are intangibles that you don't really see in September and August when things are fresh and everyone is hopeful. Now you really see where you're at and you see how you match up against other teams. We have to go out there and prove it and earn it."
NFL quarterbacks with the best records in the final four games of the regular season since 1970 (minimum 20 starts):
|Source: NFL *Active|
Denver wide receiver ERIC DECKER, who registered a Broncos single-game record with four touchdown receptions last week, certainly senses the urgency as the final quarter of the season approaches. The Broncos (10-2), who have the best record in the AFC, aim to clinch the AFC West title and secure home-field advantage throughout the AFC postseason.
"To get into the playoffs, and set yourself up the right way, you have to win your division," says Decker after the Broncos' 35-28 win at Kansas City last week. "We've got a full month ahead of us, and we've got to make sure we take care of business."
The defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens (6-6), who have won three of their past four games, are in a position to make a postseason run. The Ravens, who are 10-1 at home against the NFC under head coach JOHN HARBAUGH, host the Minnesota Vikings in Week 14 (FOX, 1:00 PM ET).
Since Harbaugh was hired as Baltimore's head coach in 2008, the Ravens are 14-6 (.700) in the final four games of the regular season, tied for fourth-best in the NFL.
"We're in control of our destiny," says Harbaugh. "It's up to us to win games. I'm proud of our guys finding a way to win the last two games and finishing the way they have. I feel like we're a really good football team. But you need to go out and prove it, you need to prove it every week."
NFL teams with the best records in the final four games of the regular season since 2008:
|New England Patriots||18-2||.900|
|San Diego Chargers||17-3||.850|
|San Francisco 49ers||14-6||.700|
- NFL 2013 Week 14: NFL Season Enters Final Quarter
- NFL 2013 Week 14: December Drive
- NFL 2013 Week 14: Push for the Playoffs
- NFL 2013 Week 14: Playoff Scenarios
- NFL 2013 Week 14: What To Look For
- NFL 2013 Week 13: The Week That Was
- NFC Players of the Month - November
- AFC Players of the Month - November
- NFL Rookies of the Month - November
- NFL 2013 Week 13: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 13: NFC Players of the Week
- Week 13 Kicks Off With Thanksgiving Tripleheader
- AFC Playoff Picture Taking Shape
- NFC Playoff Races in Full Swing
- NFL 2013 Week 12: AFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 12: NFC Players of the Week
- NFL 2013 Week 13: What To Look For
- NFL 2013 Week 12: The Week That Was
- Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady
- London Fletcher Reaches Milestone
Article: Copyright ©, iHaveNet.com
NFL 2013 Week 14: December Drive