Grilled fish is a favorite of ours because it's light and easy -- exactly how cooking should be at this time of year. In this recipe, I call for lake trout. Substitute other fish, such black bass, snapper or striped bass, depending on what is freshest
- Scallops with White Wine Beurre Blanc and Lemon Orzo
- Cioppino: A Classic Taste of San Francisco
- Almond and Lemon Crusted Fish with Spinach
- Miso-Glazed Black Cod
- Scallops and Sweet Peas
- Southeast Asian Salmon and Rice Cakes
- Broiled Salmon with Lemon-Caper Vinaigrette
- Grilled Shrimp Bruschetta
- Five-Spice Shrimp and Vegetable Packets
- Citrus-Marinated Seafood Cocktail
- Skillet Gnocchi with Shrimp and Asparagus
- Light, Creamy and Dairy-Free Fish Chowder
- Pan-Seared Fish Fillets with White Bean Ragout
- Whitefish and Salmon Terrine
- MORE SEAFOOD RECIPES ...
A touch of heavy cream, a few garlic cloves and thyme sprigs round out the flavor of tender braised leeks with chicken in this recipe. The rich, silky sauce is wonderful over whole-wheat egg noodles or mashed potatoes
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burger
- Roast Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Slow-Cooker Stout and Chicken Stew
- Viennese Fried Chicken with Lemon-Rosemary Butter Sauce
- Oven-Fried Chicken on a Stick
- Spicy Pecan Popcorn Chicken
- White Chicken Chili
- Honey-Chili Chicken Wings
- Chicken Marengo Over Polenta
- Master Cleanse Chicken
- Chicken Fajitas with Avocado-Corn Salsa and Warm Corn Tortillas
- Baked Chicken with Bacon: A Smoky, Garlicky Chicken Dish
- Chicken Tikka Masala, Done Healthy
- Thai Green Curry with Chicken
- MORE CHICKEN RECIPES ...
This Pork Chops with Peppers and Capers recipe is in the style of the Gypsy. The name -- Cotolette alla Zingara -- must be because of the colorful components of this fiery, festive dish. It's the perfect weeknight meal
- Pulled Pork
- Sauteed Pork Medallions in Port Wine
- Slow-Cooked Hoisin Pork Wraps with Peanut Slaw
- Pork Cutlets with Sweet and Sour Apples
- Spicy Glass Noodles with Crispy Pork (Yum Woon Sen)
- The Secret to Cooking Juicy Pork Chops Without the Fat
- Pineapple-Honey Glazed Ham
- Slow Cooker Coconut and Green Curry Pork
- Pork Chops with Sherry Vinegar Sauce
- Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry-Mango Salsa
- Skinny Pork Chop Scaloppini
- Lemon-Thyme-Marinated Pork Tenderloin
- Apple-Smoked Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
- Braised Pork Chops with Apricot Cranberry Sauce
- MORE PORK RECIPES ...
Rack of Lamb Persillade is a favorite. Persillade is a mixture of bread crumbs, parsley and garlic moistened with olive oil. Patted onto the lamb and quickly browned under the broiler, the crumbs create a crisp, golden brown crust
- Lamb Shanks with Leeks and Grapes
- Braised Lamb Shanks
- A Rich and Meaty Lamb Ragu
- Grilled Lamb Chops with Cilantro-Mint Salsa
- Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki
- Sauteed Lamb With Zucchini And Eggplant
- Marinated Lamb Loins
- Stir-Fried Garlic Lamb
- Lamb Burgers with Mango Chutney & Yogurt Sauce
- Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Marinated Lamb Kabobs
- Grilled Tandoori Lamb Chops
- Lamb Chops with Shallot Cream Sauce
- MORE LAMB RECIPES ...
Rather than marinate the steak, use a dry rub, which causes the meat to exude some of its water. The result will be more firm, more flavorful and more intense-tasting beef. In this Tagliata of Bone-In Rib Eye with Arugula recipe, I use a mushroom spice rub
- Marinated Flank Steak with Horseradish Sauce
- Beef Daube: A Bright Provencal Stew
- Polpettine alla Napoletana (Meatballs)
- French Onion Beef Tenderloin
- Braised Shredded Beef in Tomatoes and Red Wine
- Braised Brisket of Beef with Onions and Garlic
- Prime Rib Roast with Horseradish
- Dial Down the Temp to Cook Healthier Meats
- Peppered Tri-Tip Roast with Chimichurri Sauce
- Beef Daube: A Bright Provencal Stew
- Beef and Portobello Mushroom Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Peppered Beef Shank in Red Wine
- Slow Cooker Beef Ragout with Rosemary
- MORE BEEF & VEAL RECIPES ...
Blue cheese and slow-cooked onions turn a grilled portobello into an indulgent portobello burger. Ruby port, a sweet fortified wine, gives extra depth of flavor to the caramelized onions
- How to Make Cabbage Kimchi
- Fruity Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Quinoa and Black Bean Salad with Citrus-Coriander Dressing
- Feta and Spinach Couscous Patties
- Polenta with Spring Vegetable Ragout
- Vegetarian Taco Salad
- Chipotle Chili Butternut Squash Soup
- Three-Colored Vegetable Loaf
- Eat & Enjoy Your Vegetables with a Green Smoothie
- Fruit and Nut Tabouli Salad
- Roasted Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash
- Potato, Squash and Goat Cheese Gratin
- Sweet and Spicy Roasted Carrots, Parsnips and Chickpeas
- Banh Mi Sandwich with Lemongrass Tofu
- Exotic Bamboo Shoots Offer Flavor and Health Rewards
- MORE VEGETARIAN RECIPES ...
Many Italian-Americans on the East Coast refer to tomato sauce that is cooked with meat (pork and/or beef) as 'gravy.' To make it correctly takes hours, and where I grew up, every Italian-American woman with any pride started the gravy early enough to be ready for Sunday dinner
Most people have a repertoire of about a dozen most often eaten meals. If your mealtime is suffering from a lack of culinary creativity, infuse your favorite recipes with new life. The right topping can change a humdrum dish into a culinary feast fit for a king. Here are a few ideas to inspire you
As winter wears on, we count on cooking not just to keep the chill at bay, but to lift our spirits as well. Days may still be short and the skies may still be gray, but stirring a hot pot with flavors from around the world can transport your table to balmier, more exotic climes. Recipes for Mediterranean-Style Fish Stew, Oven-Braised Pheasant, Spirit Braised Chicken follow
Butter and white wine ... already you know this is good! Beurre blanc -- French for 'white butter' -- is a traditional sauce with simple ingredients. This version, full of garden flavors, is quite elegant and versatile for many dishes
Here in California, we get great fresh salmon from the Pacific Northwest and Alaska, and I find the richly flavored fish a perfect companion to good steak. Substituting salmon for lobster in my California-style surf and turf also has the advantage of making the cooking easier
Think outside the box by using this sweet fruit as a spicy dip or meat accompaniment.
Gravy goes on nearly everything on my plate at Thanksgiving dinner. The most important thing about gravy is that it be lump-free. The secret to lump-free gravy? What do you do if lumps form anyway?
What dish can you cook once -- and eat five different ways on five different nights? Answer: braised short ribs. The initial one-pot meal takes less than an hour to prepare, followed by three hours of slow cooking in the oven. But if you double the recipe, you'll have enough left over to create four more ideal meals
I have perfected my favorite casserole and use what I've learned to make others flawlessly too. Here are the secrets I've discovered to making perfect casseroles
Take your homemade pizza to a whole new level by cooking it right on the grill. The intense heat of the grill bakes pizzas to crispy perfection in just a few minutes while simultaneously infusing them with smoky flavor. These pizzas are rustic, full of summer flavor, and incredibly fun to make.
Although traditional pizzas made with tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella remain a mainstay for many, more inventive pies with creative toppings are gaining in popularity. Take, for example, the rustic pizzas featured here today. In taste, color and texture, they easily rival conventional pizzas.
I'd like to share with you a variation that stays close to tradition: the calzone. A cross between a pizza and a turnover, the calzone encloses and seals the filling inside a half-moon of dough. I love making them. For the recipe I share with you here, I've stuck to classic Italian ingredients -- artichoke hearts, porcini mushrooms, garlic, herbs, and mozzarella and fontina cheeses
Calzones and grills may not seem like the most likely of friends at first glance. But between laying a calzone on the sizzling hot grill and lifting the lid a few minutes later, something truly magical happens. Here's three wonderful calzone recipes you can try at home
Pizza can, fairly easily, fit into a healthy diet. The next time you're in the mood for a hot, cheesy slice, first check out these tips to help keep your health in mind
I love something green on my pizza, but I'm not a big fan of broccoli, and I also don't like weighty toppings. The idea of a big mound of kale chips on top of the pizza -- salty, crispy, virtuous -- sounded perfect. And the Italian tomatoes are key; they add a lot of flavor
Pizza, healthy? Start with chicken breast strips, which have minimal saturated fat, making them a more nutrient-rich choice than sausage and pepperoni
I've chosen a really easy and delicious recipe that will make your Oscar night pizzas a snap. Even better, you can prepare the pizza dough up to a couple of days in advance, and then have the toppings ready to spread on the rolled-out dough in just moments. After just 10 to 12 minutes of baking, the pizzas will be ready to enjoy
Whether you need an easy last-minute snack or some kid-friendly hors d'oeuvres for your next get-together, these little bite Mini Pizza Spirals will fit the bill
Before you plan to serve the pizzas, preheat the oven with a pizza stone or baking tiles to the specified temperature. Unwrap the frozen or refrigerated pizzas and continue baking until they are hot, browned, and bubbly. The results will be so delicious that your family and friends are sure to award you the gold medal for cooking!
Plus-size burritos seem to be the norm these days. However, burritos are full of inherently healthy ingredients so there's no reason they have to weigh you down. Fortunately, the Eating Well Test Kitchen used three tricks to make a stuffed steak burrito that clocks in at 471 calories and is a whole lot healthier
Try this quesadilla recipe with a fruity habanero salsa. The sweet pineapple, mango and kiwi contrast pleasingly with the spicy green onions and fiery habanero. Plus the acidic lime juice helps to temper the chili's heat. It's a quick mid-week meal or easy party dish.
Quesadillas, those puffy 'little whims' as the Mexicans call appetizers, are a tortilla that is filled, folded over and lightly fried or baked to brown the outside. These Mexican sandwiches are a staple for Seriously Simple cooks because they are so easy to prepare and offer big taste results
Filled with fiber, calcium and protein, quesadillas are a snap to make anytime. Leave the skin on the pear for more nutrients and fiber. Any pear variety works great -- Bosc, Bartlett and Anjou. Try different varieties of cheese, too. Just make sure it's reduced fat so saturated fat is kept under control
Feeding kids healthy and nutritious meals is not as hard as you might think. The trick is to follow two basic rules. First, serve only quality meals. They won't know what they're missing -- i.e., junk and processed food -- if they never had it. Secondly, give them what they want. Yes, its that simple.
Like many American citizens who came here from somewhere else, I've always loved adopting not only the traditions of my own new country but also those that have been brought here by other immigrants. That's why I find Cinco de Mayo, the celebration next week on May 5 of a historic victory in the fight for Mexico's independence, so much fun.
Although Americans tend to serve eggs as breakfast fare, other countries elevate them to star status later in the day. Such dishes make an inexpensive and delicious main course for dinner. Take for example the Potato and Chorizo Tortilla Recipe featured here.
For the overworked cook looking to make an easy one-pan main course, you can't do better than a frittata. Frittatas can be served for brunch, lunch or supper. This Frittata recipe is adaptable to whatever ingredients you enjoy. Swap out bacon for ham, cooked pasta instead of potatoes, try goat cheese instead of cheddar. For vegetarians, omit the bacon and add a pound of sliced mushrooms.
Your morning java may give you that quick jolt to get you on your way, but if you want that get-up-and-go feeling to last throughout the day, there's only one reliable way to get it: take the time to have breakfast like the following Huevos Rancheros recipe.
A perfect omelet to make for a family dinner is a frittata, the Italian-style flat omelet. It's incredibly fuss-free, since you can make enough for four people in a single skillet, there's no flipping of the wrist to fold the omelet over the filling, and most of the cooking takes place in the oven, without any direct involvement on the cook's part.
The classic Italian frittata is a flat, open-faced omelet cooked over low heat until firm on the bottom and then finished in the oven. This version, which has potatoes, leeks and spinach tucked inside, can be decorated with sun-dried tomatoes, dollops of sour cream and shredded basil. You can be as inventive as you wish.
I like to make my own cheese quesadilla by sandwiching three different kinds of cheese between two tortillas and then frying it in a little olive oil. The result is a uniformly golden-brown quesadilla that delivers the full nutlike flavor and crunchy texture of the tortillas. I serve it with a classic version of guacamole ...
Mexican scrambled eggs (or Huevos Revueltos a la Mexicana) are flavored to suit local tastes. All variations start with a mixture of fresh tomato and chilies
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food now share that passion on iHaveNet.
Our recipes make great cooking easier than you ever imagined. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable.
Recipes Click Here