- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: NFL Football
What Americans Associate Most With Super Bowl Ads
Niall McCarthy (Statista)
Our infographic charts what kind of goods ands services Americans associate most strongly with Super Bowl commercials.
Last year, around 112 million Americans watched the Super Bowl on television, with many of them eagerly anticipating the commercials as well as the on-field action. This year, a 30-second spot during the Super Bowl costs around $5 million, a steep price many companies are willing to pay in the hopes of grabbing viewers' attention.
The epic "Battle of the Brands" really picked up steam after Apple aired its legendary Macintosh commercial in 1984.
That went down in history as the first blockbuster Super Bowl advertisement, paving the way for the phenomenon that followed. Many other commercials from down through the years stand out such as Pepsi's 1992 spot with Cindy Crawford, 1999's Whassup? from Budweiser and 2010's hit "The Man Your Man Could Smell Like" from Old Spice.
Budweiser and other beer companies must be doing something right on Super Bowl Sunday because as our chart shows, 65 percent of American viewers associate commercials during the broadcast with alcoholic drinks. That's according to Statista's 2017 Super Bowl Survey which also found that people also strongly associate food and automobiles with Super Bowl commercials.
The chart above shows what kind of goods & services Americans associate most strongly with Super Bowl commercials.
- Patriot Way Paves Road to New England Dynasty
- Brady Loses Shirt, But Smiling After Emotional Super Bowl Win
- Lady Gaga Soars Over Super Bowl 51
- Super Bowl Ads Score with Politics
- Tom Brady Voted Super Bowl LI MVP
- Super Bowl LI: Patriots vs Falcons Preview
- Super Bowl LI: Super Bowl Player Matchups & Stats
- Super Bowl LI: Super Bowl Commercials
- Super Bowl 51 May be Defensive, Political Football
- What Americans Associate Most With Super Bowl Ads
- Why Americans Love the Super Bowl
- Super Bowl LI: How Will Lady Gaga Use SB Spotlight?
- Super Bowl 51 by the Numbers
- Super Bowl History by the Numbers
- Super Bowl Performers and Performances
- Legal Super Bowl Betting
- Top 10 Super Bowl Ads Since 2008
- Super Bowl Advertising Facts & Figures
- Super Bowl Trophy By The Numbers
- 50 Years of Super Bowl MVP History
- Super Bowl is On The Fifty
NFL Football: "What Americans Associate Most With Super Bowl Ads"