- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Recipes
Jenny Lass & Jodi Bager
These Gluten-free Barbecue Chicken Wings are great either off the grill or baked in the oven.
If you choose to barbecue, prebaking the chicken in the oven first will ensure that the chicken is cooked through.
The secret to these finger-licking gluten-free barbecue chicken wings is that they are coated in sauce before they are cooked and tossed in sauce after cooking.
Gluten-Free Barbecue Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 Hour 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
Gluten-Free Barbecue Chicken Wings Ingredients
20 whole chicken wings
1 cup Barbecue Sauce, divided (see recipe below)
Gluten-Free Barbecue Chicken Wings Recipe Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Wash the chicken wings and dry them well. Remove the wing tips, and split the wings into flats and drumettes if desired.
3. Toss the raw wings with 1/2 cup of the sauce and place them in a 9- by 13-inch lasagna dish in the oven.
4. If you're finishing the wings on the barbecue, bake for 30 minutes, then place on a preheated grill at medium heat until fully cooked and colored to your liking, about 15 minutes. For the oven method, bake for 45 minutes, then turn the oven to broil. Continue to cook until the wings are fully cooked and browned to your liking, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove the wings from the oven or barbecue, place in a large bowl and add the remaining 1/2 cup sauce. Toss until evenly coated. These wings are great hot or cold.
Gluten-Free Barbecue Sauce
This is a new gluten-free barbecue recipe that was given a "thumbs up" by a group of enthusiastic Southerners at a wellness workshop in North Carolina. This authentic Gluten-Free Barbecue Sauce sauce has a bit of tart, a bit of sweet and lots of flavor and nutrition.
Gluten-Free Barbecue Sauce Ingredients
3 cups tomato juice
1/2 cup finely diced shallots
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried or powdered thyme
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon minced ginger
Flesh of 1 naval orange, diced and without seeds
Gluten-Free Barbecue Sauce Recipe Instructions
Simmer all ingredients in a medium-sized pot with the lid off on medium heat for 45 minutes.
More Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Allergy-Friendly Fruit Crumble with Oats and Dates
- Gluten-Free Barbecue Chicken Wings Recipe
- Gluten-Free Vegan Gingerbread Cake
- Gluten-Free Spinach and Goat Cheese Bisque
- Curried Coconut Carrot Gluten-Free Soup
- Kale and Quinoa Gluten-Free Tacos
- Spaghetti Squash Italian Style
- Goat Cheese, Honey and Pistachio Mini Gluten-Free Cheesecakes
- 2-Ingredient Nutella Gluten-Free Brownies
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
- Thai Mango with Coconut Sticky Rice
- Brown Rice Salad with Apples, Walnuts and Cherries
- What I Learned About Cooking without Gluten, Dairy, Nuts or Sugar
- What You Should Know About America's Gluten-Free Fad
Gluten-Free Barbecue Chicken Wings & Barbecue Sauce Recipe
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable
© Tribune Media Services