- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Pets
by Carol Bryant
Spring-cleaning evokes thoughts of changing the smoke alarm batteries, cleaning the windows and clearing the gutters of debris. When it comes to your dog, there are also things that must be checked and maintained to keep your pet in tip-top season-ready shape.
1. Identification verification:
Has your phone number or address changed recently? Check to ensure ID tags are legible, lettering is intact and information is correct and up-to-date.
2. First aid:
Check expiration dates and refill any items in the first aid and emergency evacuation kit(s) for your dog.
3. Food safety:
Stale food should be avoided, as bacteria can quickly infiltrate improperly stored dog food. Double-check that all containers are airtight and sealed properly. Dispose of any expired canned foods.
4. Pest patrol:
Contrary to popular belief, fleas do not take the winter off, and they can often live in a warm residence all winter long. Ticks may feel like a bump on your dog's skin, so thoroughly inspect for any changes in skin or coat.
5. Linen check:
Spring is a good time to provide new filler for dog bedding. Year-round, keep your dog's bed linens cleaned and laundered at least weekly. Paws bring plenty of outside germs inside.
6. Dog doctor:
Yearly checkups seem to have gone the way of 8-tracks and cassette tapes. Visiting the veterinarian at least twice a year ensures long-term health and well-being for your dog.
7. Dental care:
If routine tooth care is not a part of a regular routine, spring is a great time to start or continue this imperative oral-maintenance plan.
8. Ear care:
Keep ears clean and in tip-top shape under the direction of your veterinarian. Aside from helping hearing improve, good ear care means less infections and a decreased tendency to form yeast and bacteria.
9. Bowl check:
Inspect dog bowls to ensure they are clean and sturdy. Germs and bacteria can easily transfer themselves from bowl to mouth in the swoop of a tongue.
10. Exercise examination:
Seeing a few post-winter love handles on your dog? Under the guidance of a vet, be certain that your dog is receiving a proper amount of daily physical and mental stimulation.
AUTOS | HOBBIES | EDUCATION | FAMILY | FASHION | FOOD & RECIPES | HOME DECOR | RELATIONSHIPS | PARENTING | PETS | TRAVEL | WOMEN
PET STORIES and PET ARTICLES ...
- Easy Ways to Reduce Pet Allergens in Your Home
- Benefits of Owning a Senior Dog
- What Makes a Dog Yawn?
- 10 Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy This Spring
- Are You Protecting Your Dog's Health?
- Does Breeding Impact Dog Behavior?
- Dog Treadmills: Safe or Hazardous?
- The Irish Setter: Fun Wears a Red Coat
- How to Read Your Dog
- Games to Download for Your Cat
- Is It Too Late to Train Your Senior Cat?
- How Cats Show Their Happiness
- Natural Ways to Eliminate Litter Box Odor
- Are You Protecting Your Cat's Health?
- Is a Toy Dog Breed Your Best Match?
- Introducing Your Older Dog to Your New Puppy
- True Stories of Presidential Dogs
- Off the Beaten Career Path With Dogs
- Best Sleep Position for Dogs
- Keep Your Dog Safe on Night Walks
- How to Exercise Your Cat
- Why Your Cat Acts Stressed and Anxious
- Hidden Causes of Cat Obesity
- Lower Your Stress with a Cat
- The Cat Connection to Dating and Romance
- Make Your Senior Dog Feel at Home
- Top 5 Ways to Improve Life for Your Senior Dog
- Healthy Nutrition for Your Senior Dog
- How to Care for Your Arthritic Dog
- How to Introduce Your Puppy to Your Cat
- Tibetan Spaniels: The Dog for Cat People
- How You and Your Dog Can Go Green
- Dieting With My Dog
- Dog Fitness Centers
- Running With Your Dog During Cooler Weather
- Take Care of Your Dog's Hot Spots
- How to Introduce a New Pet to Your Old Pet
- Should You Clothe Your Cat?
- Cat Sleep Routines
- Can You Give Your Cat a Bath?
- Healthy Nutrition for Your Senior Cat
- Top 3 Apps for Cats
- Breed Match
- Doga: Yoga Your Dog Will Love
- Groom Your Dog Like a Pro
- Puppy, Get That out of Your Mouth!
- Terminate Stinky Dog Breath
- The Schipperke: Escape Artist Extraordinaire
- Help Your Dog Cope With Holiday Guests
- Coping With the Loss of a Dog
- Cat Breeds for Dog Lovers
- Teach Your Dog to Enjoy Your Garden Without Destroying It
- How to Play Tug-of-war With Dogs
- Size up Your Puppy's Food
- What's Not to Love About Yorkies?
- What to Ask a Dog Breeder
- Train Your Aggressive, Biting Kitten
- Can Cats Find Their Way Home?
- Caring for Your Arthritic Cat
- Keep Your Cat Calm During Storms
- Top 5 Ways to Improve Life for Your Senior Cat
Copyright © All rights reserved.
Pets | Dogs: 10 Ways to Keep Your Dog Happy This Spring