by Dr. Jessica Vogelsang
We all know that cats rule the Internet.
From YouTube to that Cheezburger site, it's impossible to escape our feline friends. Cats and technology seem to go hand in hand. Fortunately for us, app developers have caught on to this trend and are creating a slew of cat-friendly apps so that your cat can take over your smartphone the same way it commandeers your keyboard. Here are three top apps for cat lovers:
1. App for Cats
If your cat is enthralled by pouncing on lint and chasing bugs, this is the app for you. It's a simple concept: Bugs crawl at random over your iPhone or iPad, and try as they might, cats won't ever be able to catch them. Judging by the number of videos out there on YouTube of cats going crazy for it, this app is a feline-friendly hit.
Did you know that lilies are notorious for causing renal failure in cats? With this handy app from the ASPCA, you will. This reference app includes pictures and names of toxic plants, as well as information about the problems that are caused when the plants are ingested. For anyone who's nervously watched his or her cat disassemble an arrangement from the florist, this is a must-have.
Brought to you by the experts at the College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell University, this useful app allows you to track your cat's vaccine history, get reminders when your pet is due for medications, and even calculate the right amount of food that you should be feeding your cat. Although your cat may not appreciate the vaccination reminders, you will.
Whether you're looking for fun games, health information or a place to store your cat's medical history, there's an app for that.
- Is Your Dog Cut out for Field Trials?
- Should You Crate-train Your Puppy?
- How to Play Soccer With Your Dog
- The Best Way for Your Dog to Ride in the Car with You
- Good Dog Park Etiquette
- What Is Freestyle Dancing With Dogs?
- Canicross: An Easier Way to Run With Your Dog
- Reading Your Dog's Body Language
- Kitten Kindergarten
- Tips to Keep Your Dog Safe While Flying
- Keep Your Dog Warm in the Winter
- Scottish Deerhound: The Ideal Exercise Buddy
- Teach Your Dog to Fetch
- Is Your Dog Bored?
- 7 Ways to Pamper Your Cat
- The Best Games to Play With Your High-Energy Dog
- Dog Feeding Mishaps Corrected
- How to Succeed at Off-Leash Dog Play
- ID Your Relationship With Your Cat
- Photographing Your Elusive Feline
- How to Keep Your Pet Safe During the Holidays
- When Good Dogs Turn Bad
- From Finicky Fido to Chowhound Charlie
- Insure Your Kitty's Health
- Unconditional Love: My Cat Forgives Me Every Day
- From Feline to Family Member
- Is Water From a Christmas Tree Stand Harmful to Cats?
- A Day in the Life of a Sheepherding Dog
- Go on a Desert Retreat With Your Dog
- Dog Food Goes Natural and Holistic
- Determining a Food Allergy
- Exercise Gone to the Dogs
- Find the Right Sport for Your Dog
- Make Your Dog a Part of Your Wedding
- Hydrotherapy Helps Dogs Get in Shape
- How Your Cat Says 'I Love You'
- Lost Cats Found
- De-stress Veterinary Visits for Your Cat
- Keeping Cat Food Fresh
- Second-Hand Cat, First-Rate Pet
Pets | Cats: Top 3 Apps for Cats