by Dorian Wagner
Think you can get away with buying a three-pack of felt mice to entertain your cat? Mice were so last decade. Now your cat wants an iPad.
There are two ways to look at this. Either it's good because there are more uses for your iPad to justify the expense, or it's crazy because you just bought an $800 iPad and now your cat is the one having all the fun. Let's go with reason No. 1 and explore some of the fun apps you can download to keep your cat busy for hours.
1. Game for Cats
The free version of this game comes with one full game in which your cat chases a red dot. There is also an in-app option to purchase an additional game in which a mouse runs across the screen and gets stuck in a mousetrap. The laser dot is a kitty classic sure to please.
2. App for Cats
This one will run you 99 cents but is worth the few pennies. With App for Cats, you get several different boards and different kinds of bugs that crawl across the screen. The bugs move faster when your cat taps them, and more and more show on the screen the longer it's on.
3. Cat Toys Lite
This is another mouse game, but with this one, you can adjust the speed at which the mouse moves as well as the sound. (The mouse squeaks when tapped.) Optional upgrade includes more critters to chase, including a frog.
4. Cat Piano
While your cats will definitely engage with it, this might be more of a game for the humans. It works like a keyboard, but instead of music, it meows. The free app has three different kinds of cat voices: angelic meow, furball and housecat. Furball is sure to make your kitty's ears prick up. For 99 cents, you can upgrade and get 10 more marvelous meows. This app might be especially useful for luring your cat out from under the sofa or bed. My two came running!
Note: All of these are also available for iPhone, but the bigger screen on the iPad makes it a little more exciting for the cats and better to interact with.
- Is Your Dog Cut out for Field Trials?
- Should You Crate-train Your Puppy?
- How to Play Soccer With Your Dog
- The Best Way for Your Dog to Ride in the Car with You
- Good Dog Park Etiquette
- What Is Freestyle Dancing With Dogs?
- Canicross: An Easier Way to Run With Your Dog
- Reading Your Dog's Body Language
- Kitten Kindergarten
- Tips to Keep Your Dog Safe While Flying
- Keep Your Dog Warm in the Winter
- Scottish Deerhound: The Ideal Exercise Buddy
- Teach Your Dog to Fetch
- Is Your Dog Bored?
- 7 Ways to Pamper Your Cat
- The Best Games to Play With Your High-Energy Dog
- Dog Feeding Mishaps Corrected
- How to Succeed at Off-Leash Dog Play
- ID Your Relationship With Your Cat
- Photographing Your Elusive Feline
- How to Keep Your Pet Safe During the Holidays
- When Good Dogs Turn Bad
- From Finicky Fido to Chowhound Charlie
- Insure Your Kitty's Health
- Unconditional Love: My Cat Forgives Me Every Day
- From Feline to Family Member
- Is Water From a Christmas Tree Stand Harmful to Cats?
- A Day in the Life of a Sheepherding Dog
- Go on a Desert Retreat With Your Dog
- Dog Food Goes Natural and Holistic
- Determining a Food Allergy
- Exercise Gone to the Dogs
- Find the Right Sport for Your Dog
- Make Your Dog a Part of Your Wedding
- Hydrotherapy Helps Dogs Get in Shape
- How Your Cat Says 'I Love You'
- Lost Cats Found
- De-stress Veterinary Visits for Your Cat
- Keeping Cat Food Fresh
- Second-Hand Cat, First-Rate Pet
Copyright © All rights reserved.
Pets | Cats: Games to Download for Your Cat