Simple DIY Foot Spa
Simple DIY Foot Spa
I've come to learn that even a small amount of self care can have a dramatic effect on my overall approach to life and relationships. Example: Taking 20 minutes once a week to pamper my feet makes me a better mother, friend and employee. Really! I've discovered that my feet hold a direct line to my ability to focus and be present for others.
And I view my time with my tootsies as way of showing respect for all they do to carry me through the world each day.
Sure, fancy pedicures are nice, but you can create your own foot spa at home with minimal effort and financial output. Here's how:
After a long day of walking around the city, I spend 10 minutes in one of my favorite yoga poses: resting with my feet up against the wall. Elevating the feet allows blood to flow down your legs, giving the entire lower half of the body a much-deserved reboot.
Fill a basin or the bathtub with enough warm water to cover your feet entirely. I add a few drops of a calming essential oil, like lavender or chamomile, and keep my feet immersed for 15-20 minutes.
Use an exfoliating body scrub -- it doesn't have to be specifically designed for feet -- to rid your feet of dead skin. I'm partial to Faerie Made's rosemary mint sugar scrub.
Complete your DIY foot spa experience with some deep moisturizing. I like Honey Girl Organics foot balm, which is packed with extra-virgin olive oil and organic raw honey. I also enjoy Badger organic foot balm, which is fortified with peppermint, rosemary and tea tree organic essential oils.
- When to Splurge, When to Save!
- How to Rock a Tank Top
- Custom-blended Perfume Scents
- The One Secret for Beautiful Skin: Argan Oil
- Summer Beauty Makeover
- Simple DIY Foot Spa
- How to Have Healthier Hair
- 10 Easy Ways to Wear Citrus
- Manage Your Hair in the Heat
- From Damaged Hair to Dazzling Hair
- Gradual -- and Safe -- Way to Get a Golden Glow
- My Quest for Natural Perfume
- DIY Beauty Adventures: Oatmeal Mask
- 15 Smart Beauty Tricks for Spring
- Your Beauty Toolbox
- 6 Solutions for Stress-free Hair
- Weeding out the Closet
- Wake up More Beautiful: 5 Bedtime Beauty Tips
- 5 Biggest Makeup Mistakes
- 5 Morning Beauty Mistakes
- Three Quick Ways to Update Your Hair
- Six Tricks for Shiny Hair
- Get the 'Jersey Shore' Look
- Must-have Spring Accessory: The Belt
- 5 Looks That Age You -- and How to Fix Them
- Is the Steampunk Look for You?
- Top 3 Spring Makeup Trends to Try Today
- Your Most Flattering Neckline
- 5 Quick Volume Boosters
- Tailored Shirts at Off-the-rack Prices
- Top 4 Beauty Tips
- Find Jeans That Fit -- and Flatter
- What's in My Makeup Bag?
- Skin Care Essentials
- Jewelry Trend: Big Statement on a Small Budget
- How to Be a Red Carpet Beauty
- Party Makeup in 3 Minutes or Less
- Beauty SOS
Copyright © 2012 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.