- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Recipes
Salmon is one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids, essential for brain and heart health. Homemade teriyaki glaze has less sodium and more nutrients than bottled. And sweet grilled pineapple lets you sneak in one more daily fruit serving, which makes this meal a winning combination.
Time-saving tip: Prepare teriyaki sauce in advance and refrigerate in tightly covered container for up to a week. Purchase pre-cored and pre-sliced, or canned pineapple.
Makes 4 servings (1 salmon fillet with 2 pineapple rings per serving)
IngredientsFour 4- to 6-ounce salmon fillets
1 large fresh pineapple, cored, peeled and cut into 8 thick slices
2 teaspoons ground Saigon cinnamon
For teriyaki glaze:
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
Directions1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
2. Grill salmon fillets over medium heat, turning once during cooking, about 10 to 15 minutes or until salmon flakes when tested with a fork (remember the rule of thumb for cooking fish: 10 minutes for every inch of thickness).
3. Brush with teriyaki glaze during last minute of grilling.
4. While salmon cooks, sprinkle cinnamon over pineapple slices.
5. Place directly on grill grates. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, until heated throughout and grill marks appear.
6. Serve salmon and pineapple immediately.
This recipe was written by Kim Galeaz, a registered dietician and culinary-nutritional consultant as well as owner of Galeaz Food & Nutrition Communications, located in Indianapolis and Jacksonville, Fla.
Available at Amazon.com:
Be Good to Your Gut: Recipes and Tips for People With Digestive Problems
Big Green Cookbook: Hundreds of Planet-Pleasing Recipes and Tips for a Luscious, Low-Carbon Lifestyle
More FOOD, DRINK & RECIPES [...]
APPETIZERS | SOUPS | PASTA | SALADS | MAIN COURSES | SEAFOOD | CHICKEN | PORK | LAMB | BEEF / VEAL | VEGETARIAN | SIDE DISHES | DESSERT | HEALTHY | WOLFGANG PUCK
Sweet Grilled Salmon Fillets Recipe
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable