Shrimp and Pesto Fettuccine Pasta
The fresh flavors of asparagus and pesto combine beautifully with fettuccine and shrimp in a light and simple pasta dish that works for family or casual entertaining. Make it a meal: Serve with a tomato and arugula salad tossed with mustard-balsamic vinaigrette and fruit sorbet for dessert.
Shrimp and Pesto Pasta Recipe
Makes 6 servings, 1 1/2 cups each.
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
1/2 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
1/4 cup prepared pesto
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound raw shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
1 cup dry white wine
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Shrimp and Pesto Pasta Recipe Steps
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add fettuccine and cook for 3 minutes less than the package directions specify. Add asparagus and continue cooking until the pasta and asparagus are just tender, about 3 minutes more. Reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water, drain the fettuccine and asparagus and return to the pot. Stir in peppers and pesto. Cover to keep warm.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 3 minutes. Add wine, increase heat to high and continue cooking until the shrimp are curled and the wine is reduced, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and the reserved cooking water to the pasta; toss to coat. Season with pepper and serve immediately.
Per serving: 303 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 4 g mono); 99 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 19 g protein; 6 g fiber; 268 mg sodium; 310 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (23 percent daily value), Magnesium (21 percent dv), Vitamin A (16 percent dv).
2 Carbohydrate Serving(s)
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat
- Linguine With Broccoli Rabe and Feta
- Barley and Tomato Risotto
- Shrimp and Pesto Fettuccine Pasta
- Light Summer Pasta with Tomatoes and Corn
- Vegetarian Pasta Bolognese
- Beet Tonarelli with Cherry Tomatoes, Mint and Calabrian Chilies
- Spicy Sausage and Mixed Vegetable Skillet Pasta
- Fresh Tagliatelle with Garlic, Rucola and Sundried Tomatoes
- Brown Rice Bowl with Chard and Nutty Tomato Romesco Sauce
- Chilled Penne Pasta with Asparagus and Peas
- Risotto with Acorn Squash - Risotto Colla Zucca
- Pan-fried Noodles with Vegetables, a one-dish meal
- Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe and Chickpeas
- Fallback Macaroni and Cheese
- Homemade Potato Gnocchi
- Spinach Ravioli with Zucchini Ribbons
- Chicken and Mushroom Lasagna
- Cheesy 'Baked' Spinach and Mozzarella Rigatoni
- Linguine with Lemon
- 15-Minute Risotto in a Pressure Cooker
- Penne with Tomatoes, Rosemary, Olives, Artichokes and Capers
- Creamy Gnocchi with Walnuts and Sage
- The Healthiest Baked Mac and Cheese
- Indian Summer Pasta
- Basic Tomato Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes
- Skillet Gnocchi with Shrimp and Asparagus
- Spaghetti with Cheese and Pepper (Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe)
Article: Copyright ©, Tribune Content Agency
"Shrimp and Pesto Fettuccine Pasta"
Summer Shrimp and Pesto Fettuccine Pasta Recipe, Italian Pasta Recipe
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable