Shaved Zucchini with Burrata Cheese and Calabrian Chili Paste
by Mira Honeycutt (Zester Daily)
In the midst of Napa Valley's palatial wineries, Katie's Garden, at Trefethen Family Vineyards, is a sanctuary. On a recent visit, the staff prepared this shaved zucchini with burrata Cheese and calabrian chili paste recipe.
Sitting on the tree-shaded patio overlooking Katie's garden, the tourist mecca that is today's Napa Valley seems -- if only for a moment -- a million miles away.
Recipe by Robin Schneider, graphic designer at Trefethen Family Vineyards
Shaved Zucchini with Burrata Cheese and Calabrian Chili Paste Recipe
|Prep time: 10 minutes|
|Total time: 10 minutes|
|Yield: 6 servings|
|4 medium zucchinis (for presentation, select green, yellow and multicolor)|
|1 teaspoon Calabrian chili paste (see preparation instructions below)|
|2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons high-quality extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the cheese|
|Sea salt to taste|
|Pepper to taste|
|Half a bunch of basil|
|6 small balls of Burrata cheese|
Shaved Zucchini with Burrata Cheese and Calabrian Chili Paste Recipe Directions
1. Trim the ends from the zucchinis and very carefully slice the zucchinis lengthwise into thin ribbons, using a mandolin.
2. Place the zucchini slices in a large mixing bowl and smear a thumbnail-sized dollop of Calabrian chili paste in the bowl, then drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Tear a few fresh basil leaves from the bunch and place them in the bowl. Using your hands, gently mix everything together without snapping the zucchini ribbons. (They will become flexible and succulent after seasoning). Let the zucchini marinate for a few moments while you prepare the cheese.
5. Place a piece of Burrata onto a bowl or platter and then sprinkle the cheese with some sea salt and fresh black pepper and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
6. Carefully twist and place the zucchini on top of the Burrata so the cheese is enrobed in a tangle of the freshly marinated zucchini.
7. Pour any liquid remaining in the bowl over the zucchini and garnish with freshly chopped basil.
Calabrian Chili Paste
To make the paste, remove the chilies from a 10-ounce package from the oil. Remove the chili stems, then blend the chilies and oil in a food processor for about 1 minute, until a thick paste is formed. Place the paste in the chili jar and store it in the refrigerator.
Tip: Calabrian chilies are available in many gourmet groceries and can also be purchased on Amazon.
© Zester Daily and Reuters Media Express
"Shaved Zucchini with Burrata Cheese and Calabrian Chili Paste"
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable