- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Recipes
Grilled Smoky Swordfish Kabobs
By Live Right Live Well
Kabobs are more than just a quick way to cook fish; they're an easy way to up your daily fruit and vegetable count!
Pineapple and bell peppers barbeque well with fish, plus they're power-packed with antioxidant vitamins A and C.
This fast and flavorful Grilled Smoky Swordfish Kabobs recipe features swordfish marinated in a citrusy blend with two earthy, smoky spices: chipotle chile pepper and smoked paprika. Always remember the fish-cooking rule: 10 minutes for every inch of thickness.
These Grilled Smoky Swordfish Kabobs will be grilled in fewer than 10 minutes!
[ Click Here for More Grilled Recipes ]
Grilled Swordfish Kabobs
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings (1 kabob each)
Grilled Swordfish Kabob Ingredients
For the Marinade
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pound swordfish (about 2 large, thick swordfish steaks)
2 small red bell peppers
1 fresh pineapple
4 long kabob skewers (at least 12 inches)
Grilled Swordfish Kabobs Recipe Instructions
1. Mix all marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Cut swordfish steaks into 16 large chunks (about 1 ½ inches each).
3. Place chucks in a shallow dish, and then pour marinade evenly over all chunks. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. While fish marinades, core and cut bell peppers into 20 large chunks. Cut pineapple into large chunks, about 1 1/2 inches each. (One pineapple will yield more than the 20 chunks needed, so save leftovers for nibbling.)
5. Starting with red bell pepper -- then pineapple and swordfish -- thread each skewer with five red bell pepper chunks, four pineapple chunks and four swordfish chunks.
6. Heat grill to medium-high. Grill kabobs for about 7 to 8 minutes, or until fish is done, turning once while cooking.
Grilled Swordfish Kabobs Nutrition information (per serving)
24 g protein
25 g carbohydrates
11.5 g fat (1.5 g saturated)
44 mg cholesterol
175 mg sodium
670 mg potassium
28 mg calcium
1.8 mg iron
3350 IU vitamin A
170 mg vitamin C
3.5 g fiber
More FOOD, DRINK & RECIPES [...]
APPETIZERS | SOUPS | PASTA | SALADS | MAIN COURSES | SEAFOOD | CHICKEN | PORK | LAMB | BEEF / VEAL | VEGETARIAN | SIDE DISHES | DESSERT | HEALTHY | WOLFGANG PUCK
Grilled Smoky Swordfish Kabobs Recipe - Seafood Recipes for the Grill
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable
Article: Copyright © Tribune Media Services, Inc.