- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Recipes
These Giant White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are soft and chewy. Extra white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts guarantee that these will be your favorite cookies.
Can you believe it: I ended up on the Nut Farm! Okay, no wise comments. I'm talking about a real nut farm in Hawaii, where my five kids and five grandkids can ramble around, work up an appetite (I don't have to work at it) and then enjoy some of the luscious Macadamia nut cookies that I'll be making for them on Mother's Day. (I know that's backwards -- they should be making them for me).
Mac nuts are the best -- pearly and buttery, with just the right texture and so easy to crunch. Everybody loves them. Of course, that includes the wild pigs that have grudgingly agreed to let Granny, (that's me, I still can't believe it), the kids and their pals share the place with them and the wild turkeys. The gorgeous greenery, the ocean in the distance, the sound of the rain that keeps it all lush and fragrant: it's a sweet slice of Heaven, and I hope everyone can find their own little slice of that, wherever they are.
Okay, all that "slice" talk, not to mention the Mac nuts, made me hungry! Enjoy!
Giant White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 to 14 minutes
Yield: 16 Giant White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Giant White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies Ingredients
1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1cup packed dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon table salt
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
Giant White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies Recipe Instructions
1. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 F. Toast coconut and macadamia nuts on small cookie sheet, stirring every 2 minutes, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
2. Increase oven heat to 375 degrees. Line 2 large (18- by 12-inch) baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking soda and baking powder together in medium bowl; set aside.
3. Cream the butter in the bowl of stand mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugars and increase the speed to medium, and cream the mixture until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Reduce the speed and add the egg and egg yolk and mix until combined. Mix in vanilla.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed just until combined. Add chips and nuts and coconut. Mix just to combine, remove bowl from mixer stand and give final stir with a rubber spatula to make sure ingredients are evenly distributed.
5. Divide dough into 16 portions, each about 3 tablespoons (or use a No. 24 cookie scoop). Arrange 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets, 8 dough balls per sheet. (Smaller baking sheets can be used, but will require 3 batches.)
6. Bake cookies 1 tray at a time until cookies are golden brown and still puffy, and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft, 10 to 14 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack to cool.
Giant White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies - Cookie Recipes
World-renowned chefs with an extraordinary passion for food share their passion on iHaveNet.com. These chefs make great cooking easier than imagined. Each gourmet recipe features expert advice and an easy-to-make recipe. Exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable
© Tribune Media Services