- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Soccer
by Fitzgerald Cecilio
As expected, Real Madrid has named Paris Saint-Germain manager Carlo Ancelotti as its new skipper, replacing Jose Mourinho.
Paris Saint-Germain immediately found a replacement for Ancelotti, signing former French boss Laurent Blanc to a two-year deal. He will start his new role at the start of pre-season training on July 1.
"Carlo Michelangelo Ancelotti will coach Real Madrid next season. The Italian has experienced success in every country where he has managed and arrives in the Spanish capital after being named coach of the season in France," a statement from Real said.
Before accepting the job, Ancelotti earlier informed PSG that he was keen to join the Liga giants. He reportedly signed a three-year deal and will officially be introduced at a press conference Wednesday.
Ancelotti, who has previously managed the likes of Juventus and AC Milan, took over at PSG at the end of 2011 and he led the affluent side to the Ligue 1 title last season.
Blanc, for his part, has been out of work since leaving his job as manager of the French national team last summer after his contract ended.
"The mission assigned by the PSG board to Laurent Blanc is to continue down the path started last year, and to steer the team towards the European summits," PSG said in a statement.
Blanc is expected to bring in Jean-Louis Gasset, his assistant at both Bordeaux and the French national team, as his No. 2 man.
- Real Madrid Feels Kaka could Regain Winning Form
- Thiago Picks Bayern over Manchester United
- Luis Suarez wants to play in Premiere League
- Jozy Altidore Returns to Premiere League with Sunderland
- Referee beheaded by Fans after Stabbing Player in Brazil
- Argentina and Uruguay May Co-Host 2030 World Cup
- Fred and Neymar Shine as Brazil Shocks Spain in Confederations Cup Final
- Confederation Cup: Italy Edges Uruguay for Third Place
- Spain Edges Italy in Shootout, Advances to Confederation Cup Final
- Landon Donovan picked Anew for US National Soccer Squad
- Real Madrid Names Carlo Ancelotti New Manager
- Abby Wambach eclipses Mia Hamm's international goal record
- Manchester City Hires Manuel Pellegrini as New Manager
- Manchester City highest-paying pro sports team
- David Beckham excited about possible MLS team in Miami
- Neymar Inks 5-year Deal with Barcelona
- Bayern Munich Tops Borussia Dortmund, Wins Champions League Title
- Galaxy Make Robbie Rogers First Active Gay Player in US Pro Sports
- David Beckham Announces Retirement from Soccer
Article: Copyright ©. All Rights Reserved
"Real Madrid Names Carlo Ancelotti New Manager "