- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Soccer
by Fitzgerald Cecilio
Striker Luis Suarez has informed Liverpool that he wants to play in the Champions League but he's willing to return to pre-season training until he finds a new team.
Recently, Suarez's manager, Pere Guardiola, met with Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers and managing director Ian Ayre to discuss his client's future with the club.
Suarez recently expressed his intention of leaving Liverpool and play elsewhere but his manager did not submit a transfer request during the meeting.
"My agent is in charge, he knows what I want. I am resting and relaxed. I am due back on July 21," said Suarez.
Arsenal offered Liverpool 30 million pounds ($44,508,000) to acquire the Suarez's services but was rejected.
"It is good to know that I am still valued by teams like Arsenal," Suarez said. "Now there are two or three options and the club knows."
It is expected that Guardiola will try to find a buyer for his client, before notifying Liverpool of any interest, but the striker will not yet demand a move.
Liverpool insisted that Suarez is not for sale but the striker has a clause in his contract allowing him to speak to any club who put in a £40 million bid, but no offers in that range have been received.
Suarez is scheduled to report for pre-season training, although it has not yet been decided what part he will play in Liverpool's tour of the Far East and Australia.
Suarez still has six games to serve of a ten-match domestic ban, imposed by the FA after he bit Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic during a Premier League game at Anfield on April 21. That suspension, though, does not apply to friendlies.
- Real Madrid Feels Kaka could Regain Winning Form
- Thiago Picks Bayern over Manchester United
- Luis Suarez wants to play in Premiere League
- Jozy Altidore Returns to Premiere League with Sunderland
- Referee beheaded by Fans after Stabbing Player in Brazil
- Argentina and Uruguay May Co-Host 2030 World Cup
- Fred and Neymar Shine as Brazil Shocks Spain in Confederations Cup Final
- Confederation Cup: Italy Edges Uruguay for Third Place
- Spain Edges Italy in Shootout, Advances to Confederation Cup Final
- Landon Donovan picked Anew for US National Soccer Squad
- Real Madrid Names Carlo Ancelotti New Manager
- Abby Wambach eclipses Mia Hamm's international goal record
- Manchester City Hires Manuel Pellegrini as New Manager
- Manchester City highest-paying pro sports team
- David Beckham excited about possible MLS team in Miami
- Neymar Inks 5-year Deal with Barcelona
- Bayern Munich Tops Borussia Dortmund, Wins Champions League Title
- Galaxy Make Robbie Rogers First Active Gay Player in US Pro Sports
- David Beckham Announces Retirement from Soccer
Article: Copyright ©. All Rights Reserved
"Luis Suarez wants to play in Premiere League "