- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Pets
by Carol Bryant
During tough economic times, who doesn't want to save money and spend less? With these tips, pet parents can save big.
Pet health insurance is becoming a wise investment for millions, particularly when an unexpected illness or emergency occurs. Peace of mind is priceless, so having insurance in place and/or a pet emergency fund proves valuable when most needed. Ask about limitations and any pre-existing exclusions first.
Social media unites, but real-life connections are fun and necessary to strengthen relationships with our dogs. An afternoon at the park with a Frisbee, sandwiches and your dog's favorite treats is like Disneyland to a dog. Put the electronic devices in hibernate mode, skip the restaurant and spend an afternoon away with your pet.
Check online or with your favorite pet supply store to see if your dog's brand of food has an associated coupon or frequent buyer plan available. Never switch diets abruptly for temporary cost savings. Diets that are suddenly changed and/or are inferior in quality can ultimately lead to digestive issues or worse in the long run.
Pet supply superstores and your neighborhood favorite shops often have sales, coupons and deals on your dog's favorite snacks. Ask about their next sale, event or cost savings on treats. Many pet supply stores allow dogs inside.
Prescription Price Chopping
Joining a warehouse club may have more rewards than bulk savings. Some clubs and pharmacies are filling pet prescriptions, many of which are generic and discounted.
Celebrate and start a piggy bank for a special dog-friendly trip. Grandma was right: A dollar saved is a dollar earned, especially when the year is up and the vacation goal is met.
AUTOS | HOBBIES | EDUCATION | FAMILY | FASHION | FOOD & RECIPES | HOME DECOR | RELATIONSHIPS | PARENTING | PETS | TRAVEL | WOMEN
PET STORIES and PET ARTICLES ...
- Is Your Dog Cut out for Field Trials?
- Should You Crate-train Your Puppy?
- How to Play Soccer With Your Dog
- The Best Way for Your Dog to Ride in the Car with You
- Good Dog Park Etiquette
- What Is Freestyle Dancing With Dogs?
- Canicross: An Easier Way to Run With Your Dog
- Reading Your Dog's Body Language
- Kitten Kindergarten
- Tips to Keep Your Dog Safe While Flying
- Keep Your Dog Warm in the Winter
- Scottish Deerhound: The Ideal Exercise Buddy
- Teach Your Dog to Fetch
- Is Your Dog Bored?
- 7 Ways to Pamper Your Cat
- The Best Games to Play With Your High-Energy Dog
- Dog Feeding Mishaps Corrected
- How to Succeed at Off-Leash Dog Play
- ID Your Relationship With Your Cat
- Photographing Your Elusive Feline
- How to Keep Your Pet Safe During the Holidays
- When Good Dogs Turn Bad
- From Finicky Fido to Chowhound Charlie
- Insure Your Kitty's Health
- Unconditional Love: My Cat Forgives Me Every Day
- From Feline to Family Member
- Is Water From a Christmas Tree Stand Harmful to Cats?
- A Day in the Life of a Sheepherding Dog
- Go on a Desert Retreat With Your Dog
- Dog Food Goes Natural and Holistic
- Determining a Food Allergy
- Exercise Gone to the Dogs
- Find the Right Sport for Your Dog
- Make Your Dog a Part of Your Wedding
- Hydrotherapy Helps Dogs Get in Shape
- How Your Cat Says 'I Love You'
- Lost Cats Found
- De-stress Veterinary Visits for Your Cat
- Keeping Cat Food Fresh
- Second-Hand Cat, First-Rate Pet
Pets | Dogs: Cut Canine Costs Today