by Dorian Wagner
You love to read and you love cats, so why not combine the two into a literary match made in heaven? Curl up on your couch -- with your kitten -- and dive into one of these must-reads for any feline fancier.
One look at Homer, a 3-week-old eyeless and abandoned black kitten, and Gwen knew he'd be coming home with her. Homer's love of life and everyone around him forever changed Gwen Cooper's life and showed her that love isn't something you see with your eyes.
As host of Animal Planet's "My Cat From Hell," Jason Galaxy sees his share of wild-child cats, but his own story is very similar. This tattoo-covered man isn't what you'd expect as a cat expert. Once a down-and-out musician and drug addict, Galaxy shares how he and Benny, a cat he adopted with a shattered pelvis, helped fix each other.
From laugh-out-loud funny to heartbreakingly beautiful, these quick-read tales from women writers about their beloved felines will warm your cat-loving soul.
Buckley's Story is a celebration of the love and companionship between animals and their people. Just two short years after King adopted Buckley, she was diagnosed with heart disease, and this made their bond grow even stronger. This beautiful story about the day-to-day dealings of caring for a sick cat, as well as the joy of sharing such a deep love, make Buckley's Story a sweet read for anyone who would do anything for their cats.
More picture book than literary masterpiece, The French Cat is a collection of photographs and narratives by animal photographer Rachael Hale. Quaint villas and chateaus serve as the backdrops for this collection of snapshots of the cats that populate the picturesque streets of France.
- Is Your Dog Cut out for Field Trials?
- Should You Crate-train Your Puppy?
- How to Play Soccer With Your Dog
- The Best Way for Your Dog to Ride in the Car with You
- Good Dog Park Etiquette
- What Is Freestyle Dancing With Dogs?
- Canicross: An Easier Way to Run With Your Dog
- Reading Your Dog's Body Language
- Kitten Kindergarten
- Tips to Keep Your Dog Safe While Flying
- Keep Your Dog Warm in the Winter
- Scottish Deerhound: The Ideal Exercise Buddy
- Teach Your Dog to Fetch
- Is Your Dog Bored?
- 7 Ways to Pamper Your Cat
- The Best Games to Play With Your High-Energy Dog
- Dog Feeding Mishaps Corrected
- How to Succeed at Off-Leash Dog Play
- ID Your Relationship With Your Cat
- Photographing Your Elusive Feline
- How to Keep Your Pet Safe During the Holidays
- When Good Dogs Turn Bad
- From Finicky Fido to Chowhound Charlie
- Insure Your Kitty's Health
- Unconditional Love: My Cat Forgives Me Every Day
- From Feline to Family Member
- Is Water From a Christmas Tree Stand Harmful to Cats?
- A Day in the Life of a Sheepherding Dog
- Go on a Desert Retreat With Your Dog
- Dog Food Goes Natural and Holistic
- Determining a Food Allergy
- Exercise Gone to the Dogs
- Find the Right Sport for Your Dog
- Make Your Dog a Part of Your Wedding
- Hydrotherapy Helps Dogs Get in Shape
- How Your Cat Says 'I Love You'
- Lost Cats Found
- De-stress Veterinary Visits for Your Cat
- Keeping Cat Food Fresh
- Second-Hand Cat, First-Rate Pet
Copyright © All rights reserved.
Pets | Cats: Best Books for Cat Lovers