It's no surprise that on the very day
"As of today, there are no restrictions on our delivery of weapons,"
Almost the entire world wants to see Syrian President
Why are both
All of that "for a little rotten dictator,"
Last Saturday, tens of thousands of anti-government protestors turned out in
More and more often now, Russians are repeating an old joke about Putin's so-called "sovereign democracy" that goes like this: What is the difference between democracy and sovereign democracy? It's the same as the difference between a chair and an electric chair.
Like Assad, the autocrats in both
As it is right now, both Russian and Chinese leaders sound just like Assad, blaming others for the popular anger over their own ugly repression. In
Xinhua, the state-run Chinese news service, quoted a foreign ministry spokesman saying: "Overseas forces for Tibet independence have been fabricating rumors and distorting the truth to discredit"
"We have agreements with
Shame on you.
- The State of the World: A Framework
- The Myth of the End of Terrorism
- World Views: Niall Ferguson Interview
- How to Spot a Growing Military Power
- Food: Who will Feed the Next 2 billion?
- Top 5 Global Risks for 2012
- Civilization in Reverse
- Globalization: Survival of the Phoniest
- Arms Smugglers Learn from Drug Trade
- Looking Back on a Good Year for Humankind
- 2012: The Age of the Citizen
- Can Democracy Survive the Decline of the Middle Class?
- Globalization and the Threat to the West
- The Reconciliation of Capitalism and Democracy
- When Currencies Collapse
- Balancing the East, Upgrading the West
- Global Health: Eradication and Elimination
- A Nuclear Wake-up Call
- Global Corruption: Party Systems and the Control of Politicians
- International Security: Balanced Transition
- Global Health: The Beginning of the End of AIDS?
- Humanitarian Assistance: Dead or Live Aid
- United States and Europe Threaten Their Own Energy Independence
- With Fracking America Can Escape the Energy Trap
- Is the National Security Complex Too Big to Fail?
- Is Alarm About Seven Billion People Just Modern-day Eugenics?
- Seven Billion ... And Rising
- Seven Billion People: So Why Do Some Fear Population Decline?
- The World Is Finally Fighting Off the Infection of Neoliberalism
- Seoul Salvation
- Global Health: 'Contagion'
- Malaria: Tackling a Historic Foe
- Democracy in Revolution: the Mediterranean Moment
- Riots and Revolutions in the Digital Age
- When Do You Know You Have Crossed a Watershed?
- Global Financial Regulation: Goal Many Espouse But Can It Be Done?
- Forging a Lasting Peace
- Why We Still Need Nuclear Power
Copyright © 2012 Tribune Media Services