Small Changes to Get out of Debt and Save Money
Who doesn’t want to save money these days?
Below are some ideas that can help make a difference in your life, from lowering your electricity bill to slashing your grocery expenses.
1. Wash your clothes in cold or warm water instead of hot water.
2. Wash only full loads of laundry.
3. Run the dishwasher only when it’s full, and use the air-dry setting.
4. Use compact fluorescent lightbulbs. (Often, they only use 13 watts.)
5. Change or wash your air filter in your air conditioner/heater at least once a month.
6. Use a power strip to plug in electronics, and switch the off power when it’s not in use.
7. Go out to dinner and pay lunch prices. Some restaurants end lunch at 4 p.m. and keep these prices if you show up just a few minutes before. This works great for buffet-style places.
8. Like lemonade? Order water with lemon instead. Then use sugar or sweetener provided by the restaurant and voila!
9. Buy a large pack of any kind of drink you like: tea, soda, sports drink. Keep it in your car, and when you are at a drive thru, order a cup of ice (it’s usually free) along with your food. Then, just open the drink and pour it on your ice.
10. Never shop hungry.
11. Shop at several grocery stores and buy what’s on sale. Be sure to use any coupons you have on the sale items.
12. Stock up on sale items when it’s a good deal, but be sure to buy only the items you’re going to use. Don’t buy items just because they’re on sale.
13. Plan your meals in advance and make a menu based on sale items.
14. While shopping for items on sale, divide the ounce into the total price to get the cost per ounce. It’s not always cheaper to buy the bigger size.
15. If possible, cook two meals at a time. Not only does it save time, it saves on electric bills.
Julie Smart is the mother of five wonderful children and a blogger at couponsavingfamily.com
Available at Amazon.com:
- Family Sunday Supper or Any Other Time
- Small Changes to Get out of Debt and Save Money
- Marriage Hopes on a Tightrope
- To Market The Farmers Market
- Keep Your House Spring-clean
- Creative Ways to Combine Work & Family
- Giving Mom Best Mother's Day Present She's Ever Had
- Show Mom You Love Her!
- Water Explorers
- Make Cleaning Fun and Get the Kids to Help Too
- Home Cleanup Shortcuts
- The Great Neighborhood Cook-off
- Family Room Clutter Busters
- 7 Steps to a Toxin-free Home
- Secrets to Money-saving Meals
- Growing a Family Garden
- How to Rush-proof Your Morning Routine
- Circus Games Backyard Big Top
- Ready, Set, Scavenge!
- How to Create a Crafty Home
- Brush With the Stars: Family Night out That's Free!
- Stress-free Birthday Bashes
- How to Raise Caring Kids
- Teenagers Testing My Patience
- Moms: Stop Kids Fears Before They Start
- Games for Building Better Family Bonds
- How to Organize and Store Vital Family Documents
- Battling Over Bedtimes? Not Anymore
- De-stress Your Mornings
- Giving Kids a Creative Edge
- New Twists on Family Game Night
- 4 Ways to Make Dinnertime Work
- Sibling Warfare? Stay Neutral
- Raise a Smart Spender
- Money for Something?
- Sick-day Strategies for Keeping Kids Entertained
- Sync With Your Spouse on Discipline Style
- What Kind of Parent Are You?
Copyright © 2010 Studio One Networks. All rights reserved.