NFL 2012 Football
William "Pudge" Heffelfinger becomes the first professional football player (1892).
The Latrobe Athletic Association football team becomes the first team to play a full season with only professional players (1897).
A precursor to what would eventually become the Super Bowl called the World Series of Pro Football is played for the first time (1902).
The American Professional Football Association changes its name to the National Football League (1922).
The Washington Redskins franchise plays its first season. The team is founded in Boston and is called the Braves (1932).
Official statistics are kept for the first time (1932).
On December 18, 1932, the NFL has its first playoff game and first indoor game. Chicago's Wrigley Field is scheduled to host the game but a blizzard makes it impossible to play, and the game is moved indoors to Chicago Stadium.
The Pittsburgh Steelers franchise plays its first season. The team is called the Pirates (1933).
The Philadelphia Eagles franchise plays its first season (1933).
The Pittsburgh Steelers are the last pro team to abandon the single-wing in favor of the T-formation (1952).
The NFL reaches a single-network agreement with CBS for telecasting all regular-season games for $4.65 million annually (1962).
The Pro Football Hall of Fame is established (1963).
The Chiefs franchise move to Kansas City (1963).
The Green Bay Packers defeat the Dallas Cowboys 21-17 in the coldest NFL game on record: the 1967 NFL Championship dubbed forevermore as the "Ice Bowl."
On August 15, 1967, Denver defeats Detroit in a preseason game, 13-7, to notch the AFL's first win over an NFL team.
The Miami Dolphins complete the NFL's only perfect championship season (1972).
The "Immaculate Reception" touchdown was scored in an AFC Divisional playoff game by the Pittsburgh Steelers' Franco Harris on December 23, 1972.
The inbounds lines are moved closer to the center of the field so that they are 23 yards, 1 foot, 9 inches from the sidelines (1972).
The first two NFL games on ESPN produce the two highest-rated and most-watched sports programs in basic cable history (1987).
The NFL kicks off on Thursday night for the first time in history (2002).
The Houston Texans franchise is founded (2002).
- Forbes Magazine Values Dallas Cowboys at $2.1B
- NFL 2012 Week 1: Giants vs Cowboys Preview
- Dolphins Release Veteran QB David Garrard
- NFL 2012 Week 1 Preview - Back to Football!
- NFL 2012 Quarterback Update
- AFC QBs Take to Primetime on Kickoff Weekend
- NFC East Rivals Meet in Wednesday Night Kickoff
- Bears Urlacher to Return Against Colts
- NFC East Preview
- NFC West Preview
- NFC South Preview
- NFC North Preview
- Dolphins Acquire Wideout Anthony Armstrong Off Waivers
- Running Back Jones-Drew Ends Holdout, Reports to Jaguars
- Patriots Acquire Receiver Greg Salas from Rams
- Replacements Ready: Talks Between NFL and Refs Collapse
- Super Bowl Champions Giants Not Among Those Favored to Win
- AFC East Preview
- AFC South Preview
- AFC West Preview
- AFC North Preview
- Jaguars Not Trading Running Back Jones-Drew
- Giants Linebacker Kiwanuka Gets Back at Cowboys Owner Jones
- NFL Players Union: Replacement Refs Jeopardize Safety
- Patriots Tight End Aaron Hernandez Agrees to Five-Year Extension
- Time's Up for T.O. - Seahawks Cut Veteran Wideout
- Big Ben Chimes In: Roethlisberger Blames FieldTurf for DeCastro's injury
- Giants and Cowboys Kick Off NFL 2012 Season
- Giants Rising
- The Empire State Strikes Back
- Patriots Look to Continue Winning Tradition
- NFL 2012 Kickoff Weekend Streaks
- NFL 2012 Strength of Schedule
- What To Look for in 2012
- Quarterback Success
- Pack Man: MVP Aaron Rodgers Leads Packers
- Eli Manning: Elite Quarterback
- Tom Brady: Tom Terrific
- Peyton Manning: Pey Day
- Cool Brees: Saints QB Drew Brees
- Young Quarterbacks on The Rise
- Running Backs: Good Things Come in Pairs
- Double Trouble Running Backs!
- Top Superlative? Run the Ball!
- Steven Jackson: Action Jackson
- Darren Sproles: Mister Versatility
- Devin Hester: Thank Devin
- NFL Tight Ends On The Rise
- Charles Woodson: Charles In Charge
- Rookies Excelled in 2011
- NFL Receivers Making a Splash
- Many Happy Kickoff Returns
- Big Play Excitement
- Clutch Performering Quarterbacks
- On Target Receivers
- Yards After The Catch
- Receivers Moving The Chains
- NFL Rules: A Constant Evolution
- New NFL Rules for 2012
- Modified Sudden Death Overtime
- NFL 2012 Headline Games
- NFL Player Offseason Moves: Same Faces, New Places
- New Orleans Hosts Its 10th Super Bowl
- Total Miles to Travel in 2012
- The NFL on TV in 2012
- NFL On The Go and Online in 2012
- NFL Anniversaries
- The 1932 NFL Indoor Championship
- 1967 NFL Championship: The 'Ice Bowl'
- The 'Immaculate Reception'
- 1972 Dolphins: The Perfect Season
- Pro Football is America's Favorite Sport By Far
- Top-Selling NFL Player Jerseys
- NFL Ratchets Up The Excitement
- The NFL is So Unpredictable
- From Worst to First in the NFL
- NFL Division Titles Up for Grabs
- Exciting Comebacks Highlighted NFL 2011 Season
- NFL Overtime Excitement
- Sustained Success
- Best NFL Records: Past 10 Years
- Football's Popularity in High School Keeps Growings
- Andrew Luck Throws 2 TD Passes in Pre-Season Debut
- Brian Urlacher: I'll Be Ready For Season Opener vs Colts
- Cowboys Not Interested in Plaxico Burress
- Justin Tuck Sacks Clay Matthews Comments
- Still Fighting: Jousting Jets Draw Coach Rex Ryan's Ire
- Tom Brady Leading Patriots by Example
Copyright © 2012 iHaveNet