- LATIN AMERICA
- MIDDLE EAST
- United Kingdom
- United States
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- iHaveNet.com: Interior Design
Recent study shows that maintaining a clean home puts adults in better mood
Could your home be putting you in a bad mood? If so, youíre not alone.
A recent study shows that having a clean home in the winter makes 92 percent of adults feel happier.
You donít have to undertake a major cleaning overhaul; just a little polishing here and there can boost your mood as much as a sunny day.
The survey, conducted by Harris Interactive, also found that 53 percent of adults say a fresh scent helps them improve their mood in the winter.
Lifestyle expert Tara Aronson, author of "Mrs. Clean Jeans' Housekeeping with Kids," has some tips to help improve your mood with a boost of freshness in your home.
Banish winterís stale air by throwing open the windows daily.
Even if it is only for a few moments, this gives dust and odors a way out. In rooms without a window, spray with a lightly scented air neutralizer to give your home a clean smell.
This is especially important in basement spaces that can feel dark, cold and musty without a bit of extra cleaning attention.
Aronson recommends making your bathroom a priority when cleaning.
Revitalize your mood and eliminate stains and messes in the bathroom by using Mr. Clean with Febreze fresh scent in spray, liquid and Magic Eraser form.
Refresh grimy counters and faucets with the tough cleaning power of Mr. Clean in uplifting scents like Meadows & Rain, Lavender Vanilla & Comfort, and Citrus & Light. Laundering bathroom throw rugs, towels and shower curtains brightens them up and makes them smell fresh.
Aronson suggests putting winter-weary sofa cushions, decorative pillows and throws in the dryer for a 10-minute fluffing.
The addition of a scented fabric softener sheet provides a crisp, clean scent.
The winter blues can affect daily living, including cleaning routines, so tackle that thick layer of winter dust that has collected on your mantel and electronics.
Swiffer Dusters with Febreze fresh scent helps trap and lock dust and allergens from cats, dogs, and dust mites while leaving behind scents of Lavender Vanilla & Comfort or Citrus & Light.
Burning a gently scented candle keeps rooms smelling great while brightening up the room with twinkling light.
Fill your drawers with bright scents of spring and summer by tucking a fabric softener sheet or scented soap into each clothing or lingerie drawer to bring the warm scent of different seasons to each day.
Just ten minutes spent cleaning your home can brighten your mood on a gray day when you use products with bright, uplifting scents. For more information on products with Febreze fresh scent, visit www.pg.com
- How Architectural Details Increase your Home's 'Wow' Value & Selling Value
- Interior Design for the Sports Lover
- Planning A Screened-In Porch: What to Consider
- Two Main Forces Working Against Your Retaining Wall: Gravity and Frost
- When Installing a Patio, Build It to Last
- Power-Wash the Deck or Do a Green Clean? The Pros and Cons
- How to Make the Most of Your Kitchen
- Green Building Options from the Ground Up
- Put the 'Eco' in Decorating
- Add Warmth and Value with Easy Weekend Projects
- How to Freshen Up Your Home and Brighten Your Mood
- Hot Home Decorating, Color Trends and Tips
- Kitchen Color Trends and Tips
- The Art of Accent Colors: How to Use Color to Brighten a Room
Freshen Up Your Home & Brighten Your Mood - Home Maintenance & Upkeep Tips
Article: Copyright © iHaveNet.com