Maria Sharapova Launches Own Candy Line
New York, NY
Tennis superstar Maria Sharapova has unveiled her own candy line -- Sugarpova -- which she claims reflects her fun, fashionable and sweet side.
The candy line, which will be sold for an average of $5 per bag, has a bold and colorful pair of lips as symbol. It has 12 varieties and packaged in ways to show the different sides of the four-time Grand Slam champion: chic, flirty, silly, splashy, cheeky, sassy, spooky, smitten, quirky and sporty.
"Creating Sugarpova has been an exciting labor of love," Sharapova said. "My tennis and business schedules keep me traveling worldwide, and I confess to having a sweet tooth that knows what it wants! When I didn't find it in the marketplace, I decided to create the type of candy that girls like me crave. I can't wait to share Sugarpova with my fellow candy lovers."
Sharapova has tapped renowned candy expert Jeff Rubin, founder of international retailer It'sugar to make her dream a reality.
"Maria Sharapova is the quintessential example of today's young woman - she's always on the go, fun, fierce and vivacious," Rubin said. "She's the type of girl who never settles, and Sugarpova perfectly embodies her spirit of both style and substance."
"Maria and I have been working together since she was 11 years old so as we developed this concept into a business, we brought respected experts to help us see our vision through," said Max Eisenbud, CEO of Sugarpova.
"Maria is the ultimate Bendel girl and we're thrilled to be the first to unveil this in New York," said Chris Fiore, President of Henri Bendel. "We have devoted our prime atrium and our Fifth Avenue windows to Maria and her fabulous candy."
The candy collection, which features gummies to gumballs, will be available at Fifth Avenue retailer Henri Bendel and sold through IT'SUGAR worldwide outlets and respective websites, plus sugarpova.com and hotel minibars
A portion of the proceeds will go Sharapova's foundation.
Maria Sharapova talks to Jeff Glor and Gayle King about the upcoming U.S. Open, her recent engagement and her new candy
Sharapova on the U.S. Open, her engagement and candy
- Murray Outlasts Djokovic to Capture US Open Title
- Serena Wins 4th US Open Title; Djokovic Advances to Final
- Murray Edges Berdych, Makes it to US Open Final
- Azarenka and Serena Williams to Clash in US Open Final
- Andy Roddick Emotional in Farewell After US Open Loss Ends Career
- Ferrer Survives Tipsarevic, Advances to US Open Semis
- Azarenka Ousts Defending US Open Champion Stosur
- US Open: Federer-Berdych Seal Quarterfinal Showdown as Fish Withdraws
- Roddick Beats Fognini at US Open
- Federer, Murray Win to Move on to US Open Fourth Round
- Defending Champs Djokovic, Stosur Hurdle US Open Foes
- Andy Roddick to Retire After US Open
- Maria Sharapova Launches Own Candy Line
- Williams Sisters Do It Again: Win Women's Tennis Doubles Gold
- Andy Murray Beats Federer to Capture Olympic Gold
- Serena Williams Achieves Golden Slam
- Federer Escapes del Potro, Advances to Olympic Final vs Murray
- Sharapova and Serena Battle for Olympic Tennis Gold
- Roger Federer and Fellow Tennis Stars Take Swing at Olympic Gold
- Rafael Nadal Withdraws from Olympics Due to Injury
- Roger Federer Rules in Weeks at No. 1 in Men's Tennis Rankings
- Federer Captures Record-Tying Seventh Wimbledon Crown
- Serena Wins Wimbledon Crown, Williams Sisters Take Doubles Title
- Serena Blasts Wimbledon with Record 24 Aces
- Djokovic and Federer Arrange Wimbledon Semifinal Clash
- Nadal Stops Djokovic: Wins Record Seventh French Open Title
- Jennifer Capriati Elected to Tennis Hall of Fame
- Djokovic Outlasts Nadal in Record-setting Australian Open Final
- Djokovic Outlasts Murray in Epic Semifinal at Australian Open
- Rafa Continues Dominance Over Federer
Copyright © 2012 AHN - All Rights Reserved