Humor by Greg Schwem
I have always taught my children to look for the good qualities in everybody. Be nice to people, I say. It's okay to have lots of friends, I add. If you want others to like you, you need to like them, I conclude.
You can't find a nicer, more likable person than Hutson-Hollins. Her business, Precious Promises Christian Weddings and Beyond, specializes in "Christ-centered weddings and silk florals." Her LinkedIn page contains a referral calling her "a talented and creative woman of God."
A computer novice, Hutson-Hollins has only been using the Internet for five years even though she started her business in 1991. She still uses dial-up Internet access. Yet she was savvy enough to recognize the power of social networking and joined
She expanded her network to include LinkedIn. She joined four LinkedIn discussion groups. Somebody posted a message stating, "Like me on
"All of a sudden,
Upon returning to
"As soon as I wrote my comment, and hit the 'Like' button, they knocked me off. This time when I logged in, they told me that I was on a 30-day ban for liking too much, and if I continued they would ban me for life."
A LIFETIME Facebook ban? Seems a bit harsh for a 42-year member of the
After chatting with Hutson-Hollins, I began scouring the Internet, attempting to find clarification on the "like" rule. Calling
"If you can't find your answers in a forum, you are out of luck," Hutson-Hollins said.
"I don't want to like anybody I don't know," she said.
Now that her ban has been lifted, Hutson-Hollins is back on
"I will leave the page there because it is a business page and I do want business," she said of her
Finally, should anyone at
"If you want to ban me from your
Humorist Greg Schwem is a stand-up comedian and author of Text Me If You're Breathing: Observations, Frustrations and Life Lessons From a Low-Tech Dad
- A Smashing Time That Was Good for Some
- Boy, Do We Like to Watch
- Please Don't Feed the Twins
- Parenting: Don't Think. It Can Only Hurt the Team
- Regrets. People Should Have a Few
- What I'll Miss About Bachelorhood
- Get That Nut Away From My Child!
- For the Love of the English Language
- It's Time to Win One for the Zipper
- Does Whatever a Lousy Title Can
- I Prefer My Preferences
- What Do You Do With a Gift Shop Gift
- Life and Religion
- The Action Pile
- Why I Hate Myself for Going to Starbucks
- Kicking the Bucket List
- The War of the Sandwiches
- In Praise of the Common Cold
- Nobody Wants a Bummer Ending
- The Anti-Social Network
- I Have Been Known to Save Things
- I'm King of the Burger!
- My Kids Have Weird Names, Too
- Get Off My Lawn
- Money for Nothing
- 50 Ways to Beat the Heat
- Things Not to Do Today
- Desire is a Terrible Disease
- Home, Sweet, Wet Home
- Bed-Buggin' Out
- I Want to Like Soccer
- New Jersey is the New Black
- I'm Not Looking Forward to 40
- Charity is Never Easy
- Is There an App for That?
- Paying Taxes is a Blast!
Humor & Funny Stories - Thou Shalt not Overlike on Facebook - Greg Schwem Humor
Article: Copyright © Tribune Media Services