Humor by Michael Showalter
Alas, March Madness is over. Well, that is, unless you:
1. Consider March Madness to be over when the month of March is actually over (in which case the madness ended before it ended and then kept going for another week).
2. Have tickets to see Charlie Sheen in concert (in which case the madness may never end. Supposedly he's charging $100 per ticket so that people can watch clips of him?! "And this is my favorite scene from 'Major League' and here I am doing a scene from 'Platoon.'" Come on Charlie! For $100 I can just buy all your movies on DVD!)
Still, part of me wonders if this is really such a big accomplishment -- winning at that age. Grandma Moses started painting in her seventies! This is age-ism! And, I mean, it's not like Coach Calhoun actually played any minutes. Granted, he stomped around the sidelines, flailed his arms a lot, and probably broke a sweat -- but if he had actually played in the game, maybe taken a charge, blocked a few shots, lead a fast break, then I think I'd have been more impressed.
I think I'm just feeling sour grapes because I was rooting for
It was 40 minutes of total offensive futility. Come to think of it, they probably could have used Jim Calhoun on their team. He may be old, but I hear he's got an impressive set shot. Let's be frank, on Monday night
And it's too bad.
If I were
Well, here's the good news,
- A Smashing Time That Was Good for Some
- Boy, Do We Like to Watch
- Please Don't Feed the Twins
- Parenting: Don't Think. It Can Only Hurt the Team
- Regrets. People Should Have a Few
- What I'll Miss About Bachelorhood
- Get That Nut Away From My Child!
- For the Love of the English Language
- It's Time to Win One for the Zipper
- Does Whatever a Lousy Title Can
- I Prefer My Preferences
- What Do You Do With a Gift Shop Gift
- Life and Religion
- The Action Pile
- Why I Hate Myself for Going to Starbucks
- Kicking the Bucket List
- The War of the Sandwiches
- In Praise of the Common Cold
- Nobody Wants a Bummer Ending
- The Anti-Social Network
- I Have Been Known to Save Things
- I'm King of the Burger!
- My Kids Have Weird Names, Too
- Get Off My Lawn
- Money for Nothing
- 50 Ways to Beat the Heat
- Things Not to Do Today
- Desire is a Terrible Disease
- Home, Sweet, Wet Home
- Bed-Buggin' Out
- I Want to Like Soccer
- New Jersey is the New Black
- I'm Not Looking Forward to 40
- Charity is Never Easy
- Is There an App for That?
- Paying Taxes is a Blast!
Humor & Funny Stories - March Madness -- or Not
Article: Copyright © Tribune Media Services