Humor by Greg Schwem
My cursor hovers over the "cancel" button. A simple click and I will save anywhere between $200 and $300 per month. If fingers could talk, they would be screaming, "Do it. Do it NOW."
But my brain won't send the downward movement to the fingers. The brain is saying, "Beware. There will be consequences."
The brain is overly cautious because I am considering canceling my monthly payment to
For the past few months, I've been experimenting with Google AdWords. The concept is simple: I create a two- or three-line business ad that appears to the right of
This is the problem with doing business in cyberspace. Sometimes one must make assumptions as in, "I ASSUME nobody is royally screwing me." I'm not accusing
So now I'm faced with the frightening dilemma of whether to cancel my AdWords account or, to put it more bluntly, fire
Unfortunately, my bricklayer does not wield the same power as
Any desire to build a weapon out of Christmas lights and a kitchen sponge? Chances are
This is precisely why I do not want to upset anybody at
An alarm bell will sound in
When I step outside to complain,
Once I realize
Now my cursor is moving away from the "cancel" button. Instead it goes to the "search" box. I type my own name.
Do I hear a sinister laugh coming from my computer speakers?
Humorist Greg Schwem is a stand-up comedian and author of Text Me If You're Breathing: Observations, Frustrations and Life Lessons From a Low-Tech Dad
- A Smashing Time That Was Good for Some
- Boy, Do We Like to Watch
- Please Don't Feed the Twins
- Parenting: Don't Think. It Can Only Hurt the Team
- Regrets. People Should Have a Few
- What I'll Miss About Bachelorhood
- Get That Nut Away From My Child!
- For the Love of the English Language
- It's Time to Win One for the Zipper
- Does Whatever a Lousy Title Can
- I Prefer My Preferences
- What Do You Do With a Gift Shop Gift
- Life and Religion
- The Action Pile
- Why I Hate Myself for Going to Starbucks
- Kicking the Bucket List
- The War of the Sandwiches
- In Praise of the Common Cold
- Nobody Wants a Bummer Ending
- The Anti-Social Network
- I Have Been Known to Save Things
- I'm King of the Burger!
- My Kids Have Weird Names, Too
- Get Off My Lawn
- Money for Nothing
- 50 Ways to Beat the Heat
- Things Not to Do Today
- Desire is a Terrible Disease
- Home, Sweet, Wet Home
- Bed-Buggin' Out
- I Want to Like Soccer
- New Jersey is the New Black
- I'm Not Looking Forward to 40
- Charity is Never Easy
- Is There an App for That?
- Paying Taxes is a Blast!
Humor & Funny Stories - An Ad Campaign With No End in Sight | Humor - Greg Schwem
Article: Copyright © Tribune Media Services