10 Best Hostels in the World
Want the best bang for your buck? Just because there's a recession doesn't mean you have to forego that much-needed vacation. There are plenty of hidden gems that will provide a great place for you to rest your head at night, without costing you an arm and a leg.
With that in mind, the members and editors of VirtualTourist.com have compiled this list of the best hostels in the world. So get ready to maximize your funds without compromising your travel experience.
1. EQUITY POINT MARRAKECH, MARRAKECH,
This beautiful Moroccan oasis looks like a luxury desert resort. The spacious rooms are thoughtfully adorned with captivating furnishings, brightly colored pillows, and exotic rugs. The hostel deepens your Moroccan experience by offering traditionally prepared dinners on their breezy, rooftop terrace.
2. GOLI & BOSI DESIGN HOSTEL, SPLIT,
For a swanky, stylish and modern experience, check out the Goli & Bosi Design Hostel. This converted department store offers a unique and somewhat futuristic experience, as you unlock the front doors of the hostel through an iPhone application and retire in a private sleep capsule. The vibrant colors, contemporary architecture and built-in restaurant have put this place firmly on the Croatian map!
3. BLUE BUDDHA HOSTEL, ERICEIRA,
This is a beach lover's dream and a surfer's haven. This calming, ocean-side hostel is only a seven-minute walk to the sandy shores of
4. IGUANA AZUL, COPAN RUINAS,
Iguana Azul gives new meaning to the saying, "biggest bang for your buck." This funky, clean and comfy place offers an unbeatable value at
5. URBAN OASIS,
Want the feel of your own
6. SPARKY'S BACKPACKERS, INVERCARGILL,
What this converted home may lack in space, it makes up in character. The cozy, "home away from home" will make you feel like part of the family when belting out tunes at the backyard bonfire and snacking on Sparky's scrumptious chocolate cake. Just outside of town, this hostel promises a warm, friendly host, comfortable bed and an experience that will leave you smiling.
7. RUCKSACK INN,
Patrons have been flocking to this Singaporean hot spot, which boasts immaculate rooms, friendly staff and easy access to the heart of
8. THE BEEHIVE HOTEL CAFE,
9. TROPIC DAYS BACKPACKERS, CAIRNS,
A hostel with no bunks? It may seem too good to be true, but this bright, colorful, family-run hostel has put comfort at the forefront, and promises every occupant his or her own bed. This highly rated hostel has won people over through their friendly faces, tidy facilities, authentic Aussie barbecues and stunning pool.
This hostel offers a simple, affordable experience with an aesthetic flare that can't be beat. Gorgeous architecture and spectacular balcony views make this centrally located treasure a fan favorite. So step onto that balcony, soak in the sun and watch the heart of
Recent Vacation Ideas & Travel Destinations
- Smile! It's Summer Vacation
- Is It Any Wonder When Airline Passengers Go Berserk?
- Exploring Europe's Natural Wonders
- Taking the Kids to Baltimore
- Taking the Kids to Orlando for the First Time
- 10 Best Hostels in the World
- What Are the Best Summer Vacation Travel Tips?
- Enjoy a Summer Festival Without Paying Too Much
- Expedia Ties Up with Groupon -- More Good Deals Coming?
- The Oltrepo Pavese: Milan's Secret Tuscany Hinterland
- France's D-Day Beaches: A Powerful Memorial
- Taking the Kids On Road Trips Despite Sky-High Gas Prices
- 10 Most Unique Fountains in the World
- Should Tarmac-Delay Rules Become Law?
- Are Mobile Devices Now Travel Essentials?
- Delta Airlines Adds Semi-Premium Economy
- Croatia's Coastal Delights
- Taking the Kids and Opting For a Small Boutique Hotel
- The 10 Best Open-Air Theaters Across the Globe
- Travelers Rights in Europe
- Airline Rules Were Meant to Be Broken By Elites
- Life Among the Ruins of Budapest
- Top 10 Sensational Summer Music Festivals
- More on the 'Myth' of Unchanged Hotel Bed Sheets
- You Hate Airline Fees and Tight Seats -- Who Knew?
- Taking the Kids to San Francisco's Museums
- Taking the Kids on a Cruise to Europe
- Italy's Ravenna: Once Powerful and Still Glorious
- Top 10 Things to Do in London
- Some People Just Know How to Fly and Some Don't
- Taking the Kids On a Safe and Green Trip to Mexico's Riviera Maya
- Traveling to Europe with Kids
- The Great Passport Flap
- Top 10 Arches
- The Truth About 'Hidden' Airline Fees
- 'Rule 240' Weak, But Not Dead
- Spain's Granada: Moor Than the Sum of its Parts
- Taking the Kids to Monterey
- 10 Great American Street Painting Festivals
- Hotels Don't Always Change the Sheets Between Guests
- Summer Trip? Check Your Plastic
- Frontier Airlines Lowers Change Fees
- Taking the Kids to the Grand Canyon
- Nicaragua's Wheel of Fortune
- Top 10 Most Annoying Kinds of Travelers
- Frequent Flier Program Changes You Can Root For
- Tour Packages a Better Deal -- Really?
- Spring Break in a Day
- Sunday Morning: Vienna-Style
- The Top 'Quality' Airline
- Top 10 Architecturally Stunning Libraries
- Taking the Kids: When a Return Trip Makes You Smile at the Memories
- Airlines Fall in Love with Fuel Surcharges All Over
- How to Plan a Multifamily Vacation
- European Trains: Still a Great Way to Travel
- Renting a Car in Europe
- Taking the Kids: Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii to Try to Make Sense of Ancient History
- Don't Ignore Travel Scam Warnings
- Top Ten Flower Markets
- The Travel Industry Moves to Pre-empt Customer Complaints
- Ten Great Movie Theaters Across the Globe
- A Matter of Taste: Europeans on American Food
- When the Fuel Surcharge Costs More Than the Ticket
- When You're Really, Really Footloose
- Continental and United Airlines Closer than Ever
- Taking the Kids: Looking For Those Unique Moments in Orlando
- Slovenia Offers Up Charm Without the Crowds
- 10 Great Cities For Night Owls
- Stop Obsessing Over Airfares and Book Now
- Airport Lounges for the Rest of Us
- Athens, Greece: Offbeat Athens
- Taking the Kids: Putting on the Ritz in Ski Country
- A Few New Websites and Gimmicks
- Six Cards You Need on Your Trip
- 10 Great Places for Dogs and Dog Lovers
- Mandatory Housekeeping Fees May Be Just Around the Corner
- Taking the Kids to Atlantis
- Helsinki and Tallinn: Baltic Sisters
- Cheap Sleeps in Europe
- Indexed Airfares: Deception or Deal?
- Top 10 Easy Rules of Traveling
- Top 10 Places for Afternoon Tea in London
- US Airways Closes a Loophole But Opens a Can of Worms
- United Airlines Sticks with Economy Plus
- TSA Screenings Prompt Cries of Police-State Tactics
- Finding a Good Cruise Agent
- An Inside and Outside Look at Madrid
- Looking at Europe: Part 2
- World's Top Ten Circular Buildings and Structures
- Will This Be the Year for Passenger Rights?
- Delta Drops Mileage Expiration
- Taking the Kids: But Not on an Adult-Only Romantic Getaway
- Taking the Kids: On a Different Spring Break
- Top 5 Vehicles for Ski Week
- Taking the Kids: Learning to Scuba Dive
- World's Top 10 Scariest Places to Look Down
- Top 10 Amenities Travelers Wish Still Existed
- Blockbuster Art Exhibit? Get a Package?
- Taking the Kids To Broadway - 2011
- Discovering Oslo's Inner Tiger
- Losing It All ... and Bouncing Back
- Delta Airlines Opts for Semi-Premium Economy
- 'Easier' Frequent Flyer Seats? Yes -- and No!
(c) 2011 VirtualTourist.com, Distributed by Tribune Media Services Inc.
WOLFGANG PUCK RECIPES
Wolfgang Puck, world-renowned chef with an extraordinary passion for food, now shares that passion in Wolfgang Puck's Kitchen. Wolfgang Puck makes great cooking easier than you ever imagined. Each feature includes both an expert tip and an easy recipe - exactly what you need to transform your home cooking from acceptable to delectable.
Wolfgang Puck Recipes Click Here
Movie Reviews, commentary and more from the Tribune's movie critic Michael Phillips. Plus Trailers from movies currently in theaters and available on DVD.
Michael Phillips Movie Reviews Click Here