What the Military Thinks of Trump
By Martin Armstrong (Statista)
This chart shows the results of a survey into the views of U.S. military personnel overall and by military branch on President Trump.
It is well documented that President Trump has low approval ratings among the U.S. public, but as somebody that regularly champions the importance and value of the military, does that view change when you ask active-duty troops?
According to a recent survey by the Military Times, the answer is 'yes'.
Overall, 44 percent of troops said that they have a favorable view of the current president -- safely above the 38 percent recorded in the most recent Fox News poll.
When broken down by service, Trump enjoys the most support among the Marines, with a majority of 59 percent having a favorable view. On the other side of the scale, both Navy and Air Force personnel have an overall negative opinion, with 40 and 38 percent in favor, respectively.
- Igniting a Movement for a Moral Economy
- Online Political Ads & Transparency
- If the Trump Revolution is Possible, So is a Progressive One
- Trump's National Security Strategy
- American Sovereignty on Steroids
- What Americans Think of Trump's Tax Plan
- The Limited Effects of Tax Cuts on the Economy
- The Politics of Religion
- Our Social Structure is Rigged
Help For Struggling Millionaires Is On the Way
- Trump's Jerusalem Rationale and Its Consequences
- Trump, Jerusalem and the End Time
- The States With The Most People In Debt
- The Global Pyramid Of Wealth
- Grappling with Disinformation
- Making Social Media Safe for Democracy
- The Birthplace of Trumpism
- How People Perceive Trump
- Republicans Admit Their Tax Plan Is All About Rich Donors
- The Best of Times for a Few in America
- What the Military Thinks of Trump
- Politicians Less Popular Than Trump
- The Most and Least Popular United States Senators
- America's Most Polarizing Brands
- Most Americans Believe JFK Conspiracy Theories
- America's Active Hate Groups
- Despite Trump, Climate Action Goes On
- Cities & States Challenging Trump on Climate
- Americans Split on the 'Russia Story'
- Americans Think Trump Tweets Too Much
- Populism's Call
- Political Tension by the Watercooler
- Why Was Comey Fired?
- An FBI Director's Job Security is Low
- American News Credibility Poll
- Military Spending on the Rise Again
- Trump and Trade
- The Appeal of Trump's America First
- The Russian Honeypot
- Will Trump Get a Handle on Things?
Politics: "What the Military Thinks of Trump"