Year of Living Quotably: Quirky Quotes 2009
You can tell a lot about a year from its great quotations. The early 1960s gave us
Without Bush to kick around anymore and Clinton on best behavior, 2009 could have been a year of slim pickings for memorable quote hunters. But, as they say in
1. WHAT NEXT? HIS HAIR ON MOUNT RUSHMORE?
"I thought about Mandela, Dr. King and Gandhi and tried to put some perspective to all this and that is what I am doing now."
That's none other than ex-Gov.
2. AND YOU AGREED TO DO THIS INTERVIEW, WHY?
"Larry, you're being inappropriate."
That's fired beauty queen
3. QUIET, YOU LITTLE STOOL PIGEON
"Um, 'cause you guys said we did this for a show."
That was Falcon Heene, 6, aka "Balloon Boy," responding honestly and thus blowing daddy's cover on
4. SURE, WHAT DO WORDS MEAN, ANYWAY?
"We don't want to get caught up in language."
That was U. S. Sen.
5. AND SHE BE DA WOMAN?
That was Rep.
6. HOW ABOUT A BUNCH OF WISE GUYS?
"I would hope that a wise
Who could forget
7. NOT SO STUPID, THE COP GOT A FREE BEER
"I think it's fair to say ... that the
Yes, that was the master orator President
8. AND A-ONE AND A-TWO...
"I got bigger critics than those judges."
Sure does. That was former House Majority Leader
9. AUDACITY OF A TALK SHOW HOST
"This president, I think, has exposed himself as a guy, over and over and over again, who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture, I don't know what it is."
That was Fox TV host
10. FIRST YOU HAVE TO IN-PUT THE NUMBERS
"I will answer that, but I want to say I take full responsibility. ... It was TurboTax."
Thank you, Treasury Secretary
11. DEPARTMENT OF EXTRA DEPARTMENTS DEPT.
"I think on a national level your
- The War Against the Wannabe Rich
- Asleep on the Terrorist Watch: Northwest Flight 253
- Obama Asks for Vigilance After Attempted Terrorist Attack
- Northwest Flight 253: Fighting Among Ourselves Helps How
- Northwest Flight 253: Targeting the Prime Enemy
- Northwest Flight 253: Multiple Malfunctions
- Obama Decision to Move Guantanamo Detainees Spurs Opposition
- I Survived the GOP Purity Test
- 2009 Chickens and Their 2010 Roost
- The Caring Economy and Healthcare as Human Right
- End of a Woeful Decade
- Resolved: Tell the Truth
- Season's Greetings and We'll See You in Court: The Christmas Wars
- It's Still a Wonderful Life
- Congress Moves Forward on Media Shield Law
- An Elegy for Journalism? The Future of the News and Journalism
- The New Energy Order
Year of Living Quotably: Quirky Quotes 2009 | Clarence Page
(c) 2009 Clarence Page